Puppy Farm Awareness Rally

Nekhbet

And from today's Herald Sun a quote from the Shadow Treasurer in Victoria

"Shadow Treasurer Kim Wells joined the protesters and said a coalition government would give the RSPCA the power to inspect breeding establishments."

That means you and me as well - more regulation for those who comply with current legislation and more power to the RSPCA

Am I angry....too right I am.

What a surpise..NOT!

i mean that is just stupidity, these people dont' know what they are talking about, the farm gets inspected by councillors they've all visited the premises and the dogs as far as everyone is concerned are being looked after, well cared for and they are following all legislation. so legislation and more of it will do nothing to help shut down these farms like the one i am talking about. they even invite school groups in there and the schools support them as a good puppy farm and the councillors see nothing wrong with them....there are many photos to prove this is not correct.

meanwhile workers have said that all these bad things happens to the dogs behind closed doors. many have witnessed on the open day. so how is legislation going to help the poor little doggies on this farm being bred to buggery. :D

Edited by toy dog

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is Stringy?

a 1.2 kg blue fawn long coat chihuahua, who had the misfortune to belong to me. i was the target, the dog was the pawn.

he failed his brief, he was supposed to have let them find something chargable wrong with him. because to again quote the letter.

"Thank you for your letter of 30 April 2001 regarding the seizure of your dog 'stringy' by the RSPCA. this whole incident has clearly been distressing for you. However, it would seem that the appearance of you dog breeding establishment and several of you animals attracted the attention of at least one other breeder who was concerned about the reputation of the industry, the conduct of your business and the welfare of some of your dogs.

the RSPCA is obliged to investigate genuine complaints regarding animal welfare and to pursue what they belive to be the most reasonable course of action given the circumstances"

in other words a 'fellow breeder' wanted a conviction and automatic disqualification from the cc. the rspca did their best to comply.

i had already been inspected by a committee member of the cc before the dogs of war were set loose and passed inspection. so when that didnt work the big guns were sent.

that was 1999, the sender was heard only recently boasting they had not given up. the dogs of war have been set loose again. soo im waiting for em all over again.

I had to write to the minister for agriculture for two years to get that reply. at NO TIME DID THE RSPCA ITSELF EVER DELCARE THE NATURE OF THE COMPLAINT that had them arrive at my door.

soo you annoy the wrong person and u too will be on the hit list.

how sure are u all u havnt offended someone with friends in VERY HIGH places as i ws advised by Alan Candlish when he tried to find out what the complaint had been two weeks before string was taken.

I knew something serious was afoot when the inspector wouldnt even tell me what the complaint was..

u cant fix what u dont know is broke

can u

or are u confident your psychic?

And from today's Herald Sun a quote from the Shadow Treasurer in Victoria

"Shadow Treasurer Kim Wells joined the protesters and said a coalition government would give the RSPCA the power to inspect breeding establishments."

That means you and me as well - more regulation for those who comply with current legislation and more power to the RSPCA

Am I angry....too right I am.

What a surpise..NOT!

i mean that is just stupidity, these people dont' know what they are talking about, the farm gets inspected by councillors they've all visited the premises and the dogs as far as everyone is concerned are being looked after, well cared for and they are following all legislation. so legislation and more of it will do nothing to help shut down these farms like the one i am talking about. they even invite school groups in there and the schools support them as a good puppy farm and the councillors see nothing wrong with them....there are many photos to prove this is not correct.

meanwhile workers have said that all these bad things happens to the dogs behind closed doors. many have witnessed on the open day. so how is legislation going to help the poor little doggies on this farm being bred to buggery. :D

n what do u think goes on behind the cosed doors of the RSPCA?

no employee can say, they have to sign a non disclosure contract?

why?

how many of you remember seeing the headlines that live dogs were being thrown into the incinerators?

only someone risking huge fines went to the press.

its not only puppy farmers that need to be held accountable its the dogs of war too

I'm missing the relevance here.

the relavance is the fact a perfectly healthy dog was taken, no i repeat NO AVENUE OF APPEAL FOR HIS RETURN BEFORE BEING SACRIFICED to a conviction at any cost to the dog.

that was 1999.

NOTHING HAS BEEN PUT IN PLACE SINCE

yet you say the RSPCA do not have enough powers of seizure?

in 1999 all an inspector has to do IS "FORM THE OPINION" THE DOG NEEDS URGENT VETERINARY CARE AND SIEZE IT.

nothing has changed.

if they could seize a perfectly healthy dog in 1999 and ignore a decades of experience vet.

where is the powers they lack that need beefing up??

yet you and they are seeking MORE power in the name of "protecting" the dogs?

there was no "protection" for my dog.

what makes u think they need more power? they have it. they just dont use it, unless it suits them at the time.

n when you say "hey this place is dreadful do something" get told they cant, they "dont have the power"

well they sure did when it was a favor for a friend

i think gayleK a new topic needs to be made headed RSPCA........ :D

ok?

you are asking the government to enact more and more powers for WHO

to close down puppy farms?

the department of agriculture?

the veterinary association of australia?

the relevant canine councils?

the police?

somehow i suspct the answer to every single one of em is a no?

soooo who is going to roll over the bad guys that u have in mind

unless it is the rspca already rolling when they choose too?

I didn't say any such thing. I just asked who Stringy was and what was the relevance to raising awareness of puppy farms. And there is none. It happened 11 years ago, it happened without any puppy farm legislation being passed, and it could still happentake it up with the person who reported you but it doesn't belong here.

I didn't say any such thing. I just asked who Stringy was and what was the relevance to raising awareness of puppy farms. And there is none. It happened 11 years ago, it happened without any puppy farm legislation being passed, and it could still happentake it up with the person who reported you but it doesn't belong here.

you dont get it do u?

the knight in shining armour believes i am a puppy farmer. to be destroyed at all costs

you dont get it do u?

the knight in shining armour believes i am a puppy farmer. to be destroyed at all costs

AND if as u say "it could still happen" why do u need more legislation then? its already useable, to search n seize ?

what makes me a puppy farmer?

i do not show.

it is even then the new unwritten law. you must show or you are a puppy farmer.

why worry about adding anything else it aint necessary surely thats enough?

phil burgess didnt show, she was a puppy farmer, yet decades later the very people who pillaried her were heard boasting they had found an elfreda to add to their kennel. odd it was a good dog when they owned it but not when its breeder did?

ooops forgot, the other despicable crime is like to give newbies a start and let em have main registration so they can hopefully become members and contribute to the future of their chosen breed.

as we now know.. ethical breeders dont do that..... only pets on limit now

was told recently if i promise to never sell on main register again, n did so, that all will be forgiven... except that conversation took place before i got the warning call all bets are off again.

Edited by asal

Question: What is the ANKC doing to ensure that good breeders rights are protected but puppy farmers are stopped? Are they advising the relevant minister? Drafting policy position statements?

Just ignoring the issue will only give more power to the RSPCA.

Change is going to happen. It is in the public eye now. The only decision now is how to influence the legislation.

The whole puppy farming thing was a good way for the ANKC to stend apart from bad breeders. Sadly, I think that opportunity has been missed.

Jed - Freedom Kennels was one of the biggest puppy farms in Australia. They changed tack when the owner died. To my knowledge, all sales were via the internet. I am all for good legislation. When you write legislation without clear intent (eg I want to dogs living in awful conditions so I'll outlaw pet shop sales) you don't really address the problem and the enteprising puppy farmers will find a new outlet (be they markets, internet sales, party plan etc).

I don't know Freedom, although Kate used to post here. I believe they have virtually stopped breeding.

However, I do know about some other puppy farms - not as big - and some shops.

I wouldn't suggest it if it wouldn't work - ban the sales of pups in pet shops - nothing else, no other legislation which is what wrecked Clover Moore's bill.

i do not show.

phil burgess didnt show, she was a puppy farmer, yet decades later the very people who pillaried her were heard boasting they had found an elfreda to add to their kennel. odd it was a good dog when they owned it but not when its breeder did?

Mot normal people don't care about shows :D

The only people who say "if you don't show you are a puppy farmer" are a small select group?

Some people breed cross breeds (I don't like that but they do), if they health test, keep their dogs in good conditions (both mentally and physically), give them regular, breed appropriate care, then they aren't puppy farmers.

Kate wasn't from Freedom. Freedom was owned by a family, and the head honcho was a man by the name of Peter... (and I can't recall his surname).

The daughter apparently rebranded and they are still going. Maybe she is Kate?

Yes, could be. I was thinking of Kate, the Vet, who lives in NSW and produces oodles of varying description.

i do not show.

now there is a prefix i'v heard off.