Litters Due November :)

Missymoo

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so i think she is done now, we ended up with 4 (2 of each sex :confused: ) all a nice even size and nice and strong. She did amazing, each bub coming out smoothly and easily and is doing so well as a first time mumma! She is now feeding and resting peacefuly so i assume she may be done 9dont quote me on that though ;)

Photos to come when i work out how to up load my iphone... :D

could call one Aimfor Lest We Forget (aka Lester :shrug: ) lol

Edited by Missymoo

We have babies! 3 strong little wigglers so far, a boy and 2 bitches all bob tails!

Holly is being a wonderful mum and has had 3 bubs in less than an hour after keeping us up all night huffing.

Hopefully she has a pretty red merle in there still for me but whatever else she pops out I am just so happy the bubs are ok and strong. :laugh:

Congrats to all the new arrivals, don't think it'll be long to wait here.

Put a pillow-bed in the whelping box last night and told China to 'go to bed' which she did with the most long suffering look on her face, then was quite happy when I let her come back out again - only to sneak over about 1/2 an hour later and hop in by herself. This is standard practice for her, she knows where the box is, knows it's hers and will go there when she wants to. She spent the rest of the evening upside down in the middle of the lounge floor under the ceiling fan ;)

Excellent news Lyndsey!! Keep us posted!!

We set up the whelping box last night for Tasha. The other dogs wanted in, and she was quite happy that they weren't allowed. She's been sleeping in the whelping room in her crate for the last week, but I think now I'll just put her in there at night and she can either sleep in her crate or the box (or on the lounge in there - I suspect it will be the latter!).

We've had some problems with her wanting to sneak under an old heavy wooden garden table in the backyard - the problem is that aside from being completely unsuitable for any nesting, she's getting too fat to fit (it has about a 30- 40cm clearence). The OH caught her in it this morning and she had some difficulties getting out, so he has blocked it all off. Hopefully she will get the message that the back garden is NOT where she is having puppies! ;)

Edited by lappiemum

Huge congrats to you Missymoo, bet they are cute as puppies!

I'm very proud of my girl and happy to see her switch from a spoilt pet to a mother so easily, it's so awesome how they just naturally know. She's so proud of them and if I pick one up she comes out and stares at me until I pop them back. :laugh:

IMG_0026.jpg

Mum and pups today

IMG_0022.jpg

All finished and tuckered out

IMG_0015.jpg

How I whelped her, leaning on a pillow! She was comfy and didnt move except to lick them! The underpads I got from SWAYs whelping supplies are FABULOUS and i will get them for my next litter, saves on my towel washing.