What Is She!? And Whats Wrong With Her Skin?

Megs

thats OK Xolo I'm used to high exercises LOL OH says Xolos remind him of hairless Malinois :laugh: I just wouldnt have the hairballs following me down the hallway like a pack of demented furry minions all the time

hmmmm first Xolo to have a Sch title?

Be great! Do they need to hang on for A Sch title?? (Sorry I know nothing of the Sch apart from a very srtict hard work routine for dedicated people)

because they dont have full dentition and very soft mouths! lol

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ams - I'm thinking you could wave Sid past Noisymina and he'll be rehomed in a snap :crazy:

Yeh - probably. Fortunately, Noisy is not an impulse dog purchaser. :)

Which is pretty much why she's only ever had one of them at a time. :laugh:

We've decided its probably not a wise decision to add another dog right now, as much as I would love to have him. :D

So yeh ...I bet he will be a good companion for someone, tho.

Have a look in the DOLer threads as I'm sure someone was making these to size. I did a big search for jammies with legs in the shops on the southside and came up with nothing so had a pair made from a lady on ebay (but can't find her details right now). The pair I had made suit a small staffy. They have been washed but remain unworn as she was not fond of having all her legs touched to put them on! You can borrow them if you like? I don't want to lose them for good just in case! PM me if you want to give them a try and I can put them in the post tomorrow.

Where can I get Crestie clothes in Brisbane? Sid has cold legs and needs full jammies not just a normal dog coat.

Ams, if Sid is around the same size as my crew (35-40cm long) I can post you some pjs that I made for them last year. They're not exactly boutique quality as they were my first try at making them :D , but they're warm and snuggly and have good coverage.

Have read that witch hazel is very good as well but haven't tried it myself.

I use witch hazel on my own skin and it works well, it may sting a little depending on pain tolerance (mine is stupidly high), mainly due to the high alcohol content.

The pimples on Xena nearly looks like rain scald which more common on horses, i don't think i've ever seen it on a dog. Its a skin irritation caused by the skin becoming wet and not drying properly, it rarely causes itching but if not treated it was cause large amounts of hair loss. I've always treated it with salt water. I'm not an expert but if Xena has been outside for long periods there is a chance that it could be something similar maybe??

Yellowgirl thank you for the offer. I just measured him and he is 42cm so just a touch too big. ;)

You could try some baby jumpsuits, I think they're called 'onesies'. Just cut out some holes to make room for the tail and the boy bits :o

Hey Megs! How's lovely Xena going? :laugh:. Any improvement in her skin?

I have her as the 'featured dog' on my website as part of our fundraiser ( http://fidosfunhouse.com.au/help_this_dog_44.html ) We've had 2 donations already! I'll keep her up for next month as well and send the donations on to you at the end of the month :)

Yep, I bought a onsie from Kmart, just a polarfleece one, and it works really well.

Small amount of sewing required if you want it to fit 'prefect' but if you don't mind it being a bit loose underneath they just go straight on.

I put them on backwards so the clips do up along their back.

Thank you CC.

Puppy sniffer has one she will loan me and I have a friend who will be able to draft a pattern from it and make Sid lots of jimmy jams to keep him warm.