Peppi's Diary

Vickie

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEEK SIX:

It's hard to believe she has been here for six weeks. In some ways it feels like she has just joined us, but in many others we cannot imagine a time we didn't have her.

Pep remains very bonded to Chloe. She will not sleep anywhere but Chloe's bed. She has already started to wait near the gate to meet the kids as they get off the bus & gets super excited when she sees & hears Chloe each afternoon. Last night Chloe stayed at a friend's house & Pep was very restless, she ended up curled up on Chloe's pillow & couldn't be shifted.

Chloe continues to run & play with her each morning before school & do some tricks with her each afternoon. I notice that she very rarely needs to lure anything now. What Pep knows, she seems to know by voice command & hand signals and her responses are getting very quick.

Pep attended her 2nd trial last Sunday. Again, she was great, just trotted around with Chloe all day. She was interested when I ran our dogs but otherwise pretty unphased by it all & happy to do tricks with Chloe & tug around the rings.

We still try to shape something different every few days & she is still picking things up very quickly.

Here is her first jump in the box session. She has done some perch work so this was a very easy exercise for her to work out

AS far as agility goes, Chloe still hasn't done a lot which is good for now. Every now & then they run over jumps & through the tunnel, it's all just fun. We are going to try running contacts with her, but she is being taught a 2o2o on stairs as well. She has no fear of surfaces or movement & still runs up the seesaw & AF every chance she gets.

Here is her untrained AFrame...now we just need to train it so that it stays exactly like this :rofl:

Edited by Vickie

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic thread. The reunion video is just lovely, how excited is she to see Chloe, that's beautiful.

Vickie I may have missed an earlier thread, but have you posted the background story on how you came to get Pep and how old she is etc? I'd love to read it.

Btw, :laugh: your fencing is excellent. Can you give me a brief description of it, I'll need some fencing done on my new place later next year.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

I was so excited when I got to meet Pep on yesterday :rofl: it was also great to see Chloe playing with her on some of the agility equipment, they work so well together!

It was great to see you again & another THANK YOU!!!!! SO MUCH!!!! for my pressies :D

Peppi was such a good girl. It was her first camping trial & she handled it so well. The only bit she didn't like was when Chloe ran Shine in Snooker :rolleyes: . She was really pulling on the lead & quite upset about it all!

Vickie I may have missed an earlier thread, but have you posted the background story on how you came to get Pep and how old she is etc? I'd love to read it.

Hi SG, not a lot to tell really. I saw her come into the pound & thought she was a great little dog. She was found running in a National Park & never claimed by her owners.

Btw, :rolleyes: your fencing is excellent. Can you give me a brief description of it, I'll need some fencing done on my new place later next year.

I think it's just chicken wire? or maybe rabbit proof mesh. The mesh is 3 foot high with 3 strands through it & 3 stands above it. Gates are normal farm gates. Honestly, I don't think it would keep any dog in who wanted to get out.

Poor Shine indeed :rolleyes: Please pass on Ziggy's condolences as he is going through a similar thing with Miss Emily at the moment....although he has never shown such an interest in toys and sticks before :D

What a sweet little dog she is! And looks like a great match for your Chloe too - well deserved for both parties, I'd suggest :rofl:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Dear Shine

pack your bags and come live with me!

ummmmm NO!

who would be my bestest friend? Who would Cuddle up & keep me warm at night? Who would make me smile & laugh a hundred times a day? Who would teach all the new puppies how gentle big dogs can be? Who would wash all my friends faces when they come to visit? Who would...do a billion other things that makes her so special?

The answer is a definite & final NO!

From shines mum!

Edited by Vickie

Vickii there were lots of coolies at the Tamworth agility trials, it was so exciting to see :)

there are some very fast & full on coolies in agility, I love watching them :cheer:.

:eek: some of them were probably actually BC's, related to my dogs.

nope they were coolies because we confirmed with owners :cheer: My friend and i were like kids in a sweetshop when we saw a coolie :laugh: she breeds them so was so excited to see them out doing something other than herding. We did see some beautiful bcs as well and more than likely then saw your rellies :eek:

I love this thread, I'm considering getting my own pup soon for agility so love watching all the training going on. :( And in fact my new coolie will be Peppie, named after my friend's farm :rofl: and I think I best get myself into training first though

Dear Shine

pack your bags and come live with me!

ummmmm NO!

who would be my bestest friend? Who would Cuddle up & keep me warm at night? Who would make me smile & laugh a hundred times a day? Who would teach all the new puppies how gentle big dogs can be? Who would wash all my friends faces when they come to visit? Who would...do a billion other things that makes her so special?

The answer is a definite & final NO!

From shines mum!

And a big NO from me too.... :o

• 2 weeks later...

WEEK TEN:

I haven't posted for a while.

Pep started getting a bit too bonded to me & Chloe was having trouble keeping her focus for training when I was around. Chloe lost some confidence for a couple of weeks but they seem to be right back on track now. There are a few things that Chloe has just had to work through...and the last couple of weeks, she has really put some effort in with great results :laugh: .

Chloe, Pep, the girls & I went to Melbourne for 5 days & spent 2 days at a trial. Pep was great! She travelled well & learnt to relax in the XPen & crate. I was really busy, so Chloe & Pep spent every minute together for a number of days in a row which was really good for both of them.

Pax :o has helped heaps by reinforcing a few things I have been telling Chloe & also by offering some new ideas for training & giving Chloe lots of encouragement. Thank you ;) , you're the best!!!

Chloe is really starting to understand now that running around obstacles will only get them so far. She has been really working hard lately on some foundation things :eek: .

Yesterday they started crate games. Pep loves it! It was great to be able to sit Chloe down to watch the video & have her follow it step by step.

She also seems to have a sit stay on her finally :rofl: . It will make ALL the difference!!!

Peppi continues to win over pretty much every one who meets her. She's such a cute little thing & still so very smart :)

Secretly I want her for my own :o but don't tell Chloe :(

I will try to get video of Chloe doing stuff with Pep soon. I just seem to have so much more time when they are at school ;)

Thanks RF ;)

When she's keen, she's very keen.

I guess like most dogs, she needs short sessions or she can tire & lose drive.

She is different to my girls. They never tire before we do, so we often do much longer sessions with them and are able to drill them without loss of enthusiasm. They also don't care whether it's stinking hot or pouring with rain.

We have to keep remembering to keep Peppi's sessions short, mix them up a bit more & not train in the heat.

Edited by Vickie