What Will They Think Of Next?

Mystiqview

While looking at a certain classified web page, I came across this:

2 Females & 3 Males

Purebred Border Collies, Black & White,

Mum Blue Merle, Dad Wheaten & White

Pups will be Microchipped, Vaccinated, Wormed & Vet Checked before going to their new homes

My pups come with health warranty, if they are proven to have a health problem that they were born with, I will replace pup (this warranty has never been used as all pups are vet checked before leaving to go to there new homes)

Will be in Sydney area 20th, so I can deliver that way

Great markings, Child friendly, Non Smoking, Full of Love & happy home

Deposits now taken, puppies can go to their new home after 20th Sept

Males $450

Females $500

How can anyone offer a warranty on dogs that are not properly health checked? No listing of hip/elbow scoring of the parents, no health tests done on the puppies, so how can this person HONESTLY know their pups do not have any health issues!

I am just relieved the dogs are non-smokers as well as being child-friendly :hug:

I guess a warranty is a good laymans term of providing a health guarantee but makes you think if they are going to so much trouble why not do it properly and become a registered breeder

How can anyone offer a warranty on dogs that are not properly health checked? No listing of hip/elbow scoring of the parents, no health tests done on the puppies, so how can this person HONESTLY know their pups do not have any health issues!

You don't need to know your dogs health status to offer a warranty. Hopefully they will honour it if necessary though. I did notice however that they mention "replace" pup - which generally means unless you return the dog you don't get another one and no refund is offered. For most later onset conditions people rarely want to return the dog :hug:

You don't need to know your dogs health status to offer a warranty. Hopefully they will honour it if necessary though. I did notice however that they mention "replace" pup - which generally means unless you return the dog you don't get another one and no refund is offered. For most later onset conditions people rarely want to return the dog :eek:

Yes. I believe it is legally correct that the breeder does not need to offer to refund/replace a pup with a congenital or genetic defect unless the original pup is returned, just the same as any other product you buy and find to be faulty. But since most good puppy buyers won't want to return a puppy they have bonded with, no matter how ill it is, this policy also allows a breeder to offer a guarantee that sounds good, but that they're unlikely to ever need to honor.

Also.. Another idiot breeding a blue merle to a red/white..

Red/white or as they classed as "wheaten/white" is a masking gene. So you can have red (merle) dogs not showing any merle and if some futher idiot then mates that to a merle or cypt merle.. you have deaf/blind pups.

Yep.. good those dogs are not smokers...

I might get one.

I'm sick of my dog, he puffs a pack a day and I'm disgusted by it. Just sits in his LA-Z-BOY, watches Dog Breeds 101 with a paw constantly wedged between his hind legs and puffs away with the other paw.

I put him on the patches but he kept eating them.

I'd really love a non smoking puppy this time around.

I might get one.

I'm sick of my dog, he puffs a pack a day and I'm disgusted by it. Just sits in his LA-Z-BOY, watches Dog Breeds 101 with a paw constantly wedged between his hind legs and puffs away with the other paw.

I put him on the patches but he kept eating them.

I'd really love a non smoking puppy this time around.

I have the exact same problem HeavyPaws - as my friend has pointed out to me :eek::confused::laugh:

My friend posted this on my facebook!!!! My next aussie is definately going to be Bennett....

ETA: it is fake just so you don't think I condone smoking in dogs ;) :)

Edited by LuvLottie

How about this lovely ad...

PURE BREAD BOARDER COLLIES FOR SALE

2 MALES AVAILABE,BLACK AND WHITE IN COLOUR

BOTH MOTHER(GINGER AND WHITE) AND FATHER(BLACK AND WHITE) ARE PURE BREAD...THE MOTHER HAS BEEN BOUGHT FROM A BREEDING FARM AND HAS PAPERS(REGISTERD AS BREEDING DOG).WILL UPLOAD PICTURES SHORTLY....PUPPIES HAVE BEEN VET CHECKED AND VACCINATED..

Poor girl, from one bad place to the next.

Edited by julzjc

How about this lovely ad...

PURE BREAD BOARDER COLLIES FOR SALE

2 MALES AVAILABE,BLACK AND WHITE IN COLOUR

BOTH MOTHER(GINGER AND WHITE) AND FATHER(BLACK AND WHITE) ARE PURE BREAD...THE MOTHER HAS BEEN BOUGHT FROM A BREEDING FARM AND HAS PAPERS(REGISTERD AS BREEDING DOG).WILL UPLOAD PICTURES SHORTLY....PUPPIES HAVE BEEN VET CHECKED AND VACCINATED..

Poor girl, from one bad place to the next.

:thumbsup::) ;)

Red/white or as they classed as "wheaten/white" is a masking gene. So you can have red (merle) dogs not showing any merle and if some futher idiot then mates that to a merle or cypt merle.. you have deaf/blind pups.

Colors in a breed have something to do with blindness? :rofl: I've never heard that one before.

Colors in a breed have something to do with blindness? :rofl: I've never heard that one before.

Correct me if I'm wrong... But it's called 'double mere', essentially the pup gets a merle gene from both parents. This frequently results in pups with malformed ears and/or eyes. It can happen in pretty much all breeds with merle colouring.