Trying To Change Dog To Vets All Natural

I've bought some VAN for my two but they get fed canned fish (sardines, mackerel, tuna) with kibble. Grumpy scoffed it down but then he scoffs down anything. Princess Mini turned up her tiny nose at it.

Why can't all dogs be like your Grumpy? Can't they just appreciate the expense and trouble we go to to track down these wonderful all natural dog foods and just scoff them down? Some of them are just too much like people.

Fish is good for allergic dogs sometimes as it has fish oil in but it's also tasty. I use it mixed in with the All Natural dried food I buy from www.pricelesspets.com.au. Seems to produce nice poops!

I'm crossing my fingers as things seem to be improving and he's eating the VAN's mixed in with his chicken,pumpkin and sweet potato. Giving him a little bit of roo meat to see how it goes. But, so far today, nice poos and mimimal licking/scratching ang NO bottom scooting. I'm wondering about the rice. It's the only thing I've left out of his food the last 2 days. I'd try fish but I don't have a good shop to buy it at a reasonable price. I do add some sardines to his meals with no problems. I'm hoping that roo and chicken with the VAN and odd bit of fish will be O.K. for him. I'll have a look at that website too thank you.

I've bought some VAN for my two but they get fed canned fish (sardines, mackerel, tuna) with kibble. Grumpy scoffed it down but then he scoffs down anything. Princess Mini turned up her tiny nose at it.

Why can't all dogs be like your Grumpy? Can't they just appreciate the expense and trouble we go to to track down these wonderful all natural dog foods and just scoff them down? Some of them are just too much like people.

I offered him a piece of banana yesterday and he wasn't interested.

Just a warning... all the new things you are adding may well cause upset gut again....... or at least make it harder to find the CAUSE of any diarrhoea :(

Yes, I was a bit worried about that but I just hate to see the poor little fella scratching and licking and turning his feet and bottom red. I thought the VAN and roo might effect a miracle cure. I thought I would feed a little at a time and see how he went. I think I might be trying to sort out the problem too quickly. He has had reasonable poos on the chicken and rice and only small amounts but the itching and licking seemed to get worse.

VAN made my allergic dog worse, there's so many ingrediants in it that allergic dogs don't do well on to start with but I tried it.

Are you also using the Powder Skin Support?

When I let Van know after 8 weeks it was worse they said they were going to send me a diet sheet which I could make home made stuff myself for those really tricky dogs that don't respond to VAN - I mean WTF!

Anyway, they also said that the product has loads of testimonals....I informed them so did the 101 other miracle cures I have tried, didn't hear from them after that.

I reccomend heading to your Vet and getting a Derm referral.

The reason roo is recommended is that it is not intensively farmed and the animals are not doused with chemicals througout their life. It doesnt mean you HAVE to use roo.

If the dog is itchy and has an upset stomach then he may be hesitant to eat rich foods. Whatever the diet change it will take time for the itching to subside, there is nothing wrong with using antihistamines in the mean time to settle them down. Licking/scratching just perpetuates an irritation for a longer period then leaving it alone.

I give my adult 18 kilo border collie 1/2 cup VAN soaked for 24 hours then mixed with 1 tablespoon livamol, her joint formula & a fish oil capsule, then mix in some chopped or minced beef or can sardines or a whole rawegg crushed, shell & all.

She loves it. She was not too sure about it to start, so I put a bit of powdered beef stock in with it.

Just a warning... all the new things you are adding may well cause upset gut again....... or at least make it harder to find the CAUSE of any diarrhoea :)

Yes, I was a bit worried about that but I just hate to see the poor little fella scratching and licking and turning his feet and bottom red. I thought the VAN and roo might effect a miracle cure. I thought I would feed a little at a time and see how he went. I think I might be trying to sort out the problem too quickly. He has had reasonable poos on the chicken and rice and only small amounts but the itching and licking seemed to get worse.

VAN made my allergic dog worse, there's so many ingrediants in it that allergic dogs don't do well on to start with but I tried it.

Are you also using the Powder Skin Support?

When I let Van know after 8 weeks it was worse they said they were going to send me a diet sheet which I could make home made stuff myself for those really tricky dogs that don't respond to VAN - I mean WTF!

Anyway, they also said that the product has loads of testimonals....I informed them so did the 101 other miracle cures I have tried, didn't hear from them after that.

I reccomend heading to your Vet and getting a Derm referral.

It also seems to make my allergy dog worse. He is way better on roo meat though, he used to have an upset tummy a lot on kibble but roo does not affect him at all. Roo and lamb are the proteins that he gets at the moment :cheer:

Edited by Mas1981