Holistic Lamb Rice Kibble From Petline

aj2251

Has anyone tried this Holistic Lamb rice kibble from Petline?

INGREDIENTS

Lamb meal, ground brown rice, ground oats. rice bran,flaxseed. chicken fat, brewers dried yeast, lecithin, natural

lamb flavors, dried carrot & kelp, chaline chloride, calcium asconbate (source of vit C) yucca schidigera extract, dried

blueberries, dandelion, peppermint, rosemary' tomato meal, Vitamin E supplement, iron & magnesiun & cobalt auino acid, chelate, bioten. Vit A. calcium B6, B1,B12, D3, Ribo flavourin, vit.. K, Folic Acid, Sodiun selenite. calcium iodate.

GUARNTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein..22.00% (min) Phosphorus (P)...1.50% (max)

Crude Fat .12.00% (min) Calcium (Ca)...-1.45%(max)

Crude Fibre...4.50% (max) Moisture..... 10.00% (max)

Crude Ash... 11.0% (max)

FEEDING GUIDE

5kg - 20-70grm

5-10kg - 70-110kg

10-15kg - 110-150grm

15-20kg - 150-200grm

20-25kg - 200-250grm

25-30kg - 250-300grm

30-35kg - 300-350grm

Over 35kg add 110grm for each 10kg of weight

This is a guide only.

Since I have my allergic boy having to have expensive Pro Plan Sensitive, (it is the only kibble he appears to not react to, despite having tried all the other quality kibble) I was looking to offset my other, bigger girl with something cheaper, but still good. She's been used to Eagle Pack, Artemis, and Canidae - can stomach and happy to eat anything, but don't want to dramatically drop the quality of the kibble as I already know she doesn't look as shiny on Eukanuba.

Thank you

I can't find any information on the site about who makes it, how it's made etc or who petline is, where they are or why I would want their dog food over anyone elses. There's not even any packaging to see. For all I can tell it could be made in China. They also have no contact details and no business details.

Sorry. That's a "steer clear" for me.

ETA Oh and might seem a minor thing but all the spelling errors on the site sets off my radar too.

Edited by spottychick

Ah, I see, now that I have searched Black Hawk, it is the same thing. Ordinarily, I too would be wary when there isn't much more info on a food, but now looking at more sites and knowing it is Balck Hawk, apparently it is an Aussie made kibble.

http://www.kylainknls.com/food.htm has more info on it.

I think I'll give it a try when I've used all the other trial and error bags I have gotten for my allergic boy. I may even trial it on him too.

Thanks for the feedback :laugh:

I dont care if it has a name or not. I just like to know who and what I'm dealing with. I still don't see any details about who they are or who makes the stuff. The site says "How lucky was l to have come across the product that is now packed for me". "Packed" for me? By who? Where does it come from? Where do the ingredients come from exactly? Are they human grade or just the scraps and nasty bits that have been "binned"? How do I know it's a safe product?

Sorry but having been stung by online retailers and others in the past I now expect at the very least a postal adress, prefer a phone number and a registered business number is helpful. A physical address is even better but I understand why that's not always there. I also like to see much MUCH more about the food itself other than one person writing stuff on a website.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find the other threads on it but at this point I personally would be wary of it.

Has anyone tried this Holistic Lamb rice kibble from Petline?

INGREDIENTS

Lamb meal, ground brown rice, ground oats. rice bran,flaxseed. chicken fat, brewers dried yeast, lecithin, natural

lamb flavors, dried carrot & kelp, chaline chloride, calcium asconbate (source of vit C) yucca schidigera extract, dried

blueberries, dandelion, peppermint, rosemary' tomato meal, Vitamin E supplement, iron & magnesiun & cobalt auino acid, chelate, bioten. Vit A. calcium B6, B1,B12, D3, Ribo flavourin, vit.. K, Folic Acid, Sodiun selenite. calcium iodate.

GUARNTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein..22.00% (min) Phosphorus (P)...1.50% (max)

Crude Fat .12.00% (min) Calcium (Ca)...-1.45%(max)

Crude Fibre...4.50% (max) Moisture..... 10.00% (max)

Crude Ash... 11.0% (max)

FEEDING GUIDE

5kg - 20-70grm

5-10kg - 70-110kg

10-15kg - 110-150grm

15-20kg - 150-200grm

20-25kg - 200-250grm

25-30kg - 250-300grm

30-35kg - 300-350grm

Over 35kg add 110grm for each 10kg of weight

This is a guide only.

Since I have my allergic boy having to have expensive Pro Plan Sensitive, (it is the only kibble he appears to not react to, despite having tried all the other quality kibble) I was looking to offset my other, bigger girl with something cheaper, but still good. She's been used to Eagle Pack, Artemis, and Canidae - can stomach and happy to eat anything, but don't want to dramatically drop the quality of the kibble as I already know she doesn't look as shiny on Eukanuba.

Thank you

May l ask whats so holistic about this kibble

It would appear that this product is being sold by quite a few different companies. I found some today in a shop and when I inquired I was told that the company that sold it is Hungry Hound. I was told it was made in the same factory as Natures Gift. This would probably be true as the Cat Holistic is exactly the same as the Nature's Gift Cat kibble. It is fairly obvious that it is some other product bagged up differently. What that product is, I don't know. I've got quite different stories about it too.

Very curious.

The dry food is completely manufactured in Australia, the product is in a plain bag because it keeps costs down so that all people can afford it, it is in no way inferior because it is in a plain bag, the formula is exclusive and can not be copied in any way. Hope this helps.

Am I correct about were it is being made hungryhound? You are a rep?

It is the lack of transparency that I have a problem with and people not answering questions about this product. You aren't doing yourselves any favors.

Not sure I would call the product 'exclusive' if it is being sold by different companies under different names.

The dry food is completely manufactured in Australia, the product is in a plain bag because it keeps costs down so that all people can afford it, it is in no way inferior because it is in a plain bag, the formula is exclusive and can not be copied in any way. Hope this helps.

Thanks but that really doesn't answer the concerns or questions I have. I dont care about packaging or whether it's "exclusive" because neither of those things tell me anything about the product itself. But thanks anyway.

It is the lack of transparency that I have a problem with and people not answering questions about this product. You aren't doing yourselves any favors.

Not sure I would call the product 'exclusive' if it is being sold by different companies under different names.

Hi Jules! I am not a rep, i am a part owner of Hungry Hound, the formula is exclusive to us, no one else is able to reproduce it without our consent if you have questions please bombard me! Im happy to answer, we are wholesalers, so we do not see the consumer to be able to answer questions.

Hi Jules! I am not a rep, i am a part owner of Hungry Hound, the formula is exclusive to us, no one else is able to reproduce it without our consent if you have questions please bombard me! Im happy to answer, we are wholesalers, so we do not see the consumer to be able to answer questions.

Ok I'll bite, because it's a slow Friday!

HH where do you source your lamb? Whose factory do you share to make it in or is it your own production factory? (Or some shed down the back of your yard). :D