Earl Ate A River Stone ...and It Got Stuck.......

MsKatie

Good to hear that Earl is home. We missed him at the meet yesterday. That said, Akira still somehow managed to get slobber on her even without him there

I did notice that in the photos - one of the other dogs must have been channelling Earl :rofl:

You are such a Nong, Earl

That seems to be the general consensus :laugh:

He is a bit quieter than usual but that is totally understandable - fortunately he doesn't need a bucket on his head this time but we are going to book him into the vets for day boarding when we all go out on Friday and make sure he has supervision at all other times - just in case :rofl:

He is on Hills ID for a few days and will then transition him back on to his normal food - at least he did it in the holidays when someone is at home all of the time :laugh:

He is on Hills ID for a few days and will then transition him back on to his normal food - at least he did it in the holidays when someone is at home all of the time :rofl:

That was very considerate of him :laugh: Yes, we agree "What a Nong you are Earl"

So glad the big fella is home. Hope he's feeling better soon :rofl:

That Earl!

Glad everything turned out well! I will have to scold him at the next meet :rofl: Or I'll get Jacques to nip at his ankles.

I didn't think stones were tasty either :rofl: What strange creatures our dogs sometimes are :laugh:

We went up to the garden place and checked it all out - decided on a nice dark brown mulch that has no large chunks - going to cover the stones with chicken wire and weed mat and then put the mulch on top - should have taken Earl with us to see which one he found least palatable :rofl::laugh:

We went up to the garden place and checked it all out - decided on a nice dark brown mulch that has no large chunks - going to cover the stones with chicken wire and weed mat and then put the mulch on top - should have taken Earl with us to see which one he found least palatable :rofl::laugh:

Make sure that it's not Cocoa Mulch (chocolate = poison). Not sure if it's sold here, but it's poison to dogs.

How is the big goof ball today? Hope he's feeling much better :eek:

It was called Landscape Mulch so I assume it is used fairly regularly - the big goof ball is much better today thanks - drooling and snoring to his best efforts :heart:

He is going for a check at the vet tomorrow just to make sure all is well :D

"Landscape Mulch" is a bit vague. If it's locally made it's unlikely to be cocoa but it might pay to ask.

I do like pea straw. Frosty likes lawn clippings, compost and newspaper. And she lurves dynamic lifter.

Glad Earl is on the mend.

I use Besa blocks along the fence line. Frosty also goes around parsley bushes that are going to seed and westringia, but the trick would be getting it established and the bees that like the westringia flowers are a hazard.

Ok - anyone want a Bloodhound??? :hitself:

While we were slaving our guts out putting the new mulch over the river stones so that Earl wouldn't eat any more we put the dogs in the house - the mulch was in the front yard - we were putting it in the back yard - both roller doors were open - saw Earl chewing on something and went in to find a glass candle holder - minus a piece of the glass :flame:

He was lying on the furry rug surrounded by dog toys - we searched and searched but could not find the piece of glass - no cuts in his mouth but given he has just had surgery for the river stone removal .....what could we do?

So - back off to the vet we went - after having taken him in for a check up this morning - and at the moment he is sedated for xray and I am waiting for a call to see if he - yet again - needs to go under the knife :(

ETA - vet just rang - Xray didn't show anything so he is to come home and be monitored here - he will have stomach protectants to take - luckily he is already on the Hills ID

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Oh crap KHM, I think I jinxed you when I said to watch him for injesting more stuff :-o

Slippery elm powder, a tablespoon either on his food or mashed into a piece of banana if he likes it.

you'll end up with the bare earth policy with that dawg !

Hoping he's okay.

do you have a large crate you can confine him to when you leave the room ?

hugs,

fifi

do you have a large crate you can confine him to when you leave the room

Yes we do - think he might just live out the rest of his life in it :(

:hitself: Either that, or your vet is going to enjoy the new ferrari & clinic extensions that Earl will be facilitating !!! :flame:

fifi

Aargh Earl :hitself:

Fingers crossed he will have no problems with the candle holder passing through safely.

You will end up living in a minimilist house like mine if he doesn't stop his destruction :flame:

We only have two lounge chairs left thanks to Abbies soft furnishing fetish. I have given up on furniture until she stops her appetite for destruction :(