Update - Lab Going To Retruing Soldier

Tapua

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lovely outcome. I must admit, it brings home the reality that these men and women are not just a news article, they are over there right now, protecting us in the crappiest conditions, a fact I don't really think about. Your story bought it right up close and personal for me. Thanks for that.

• 3 months later...
Should have said: you'll have to tell Andrew that a condition of the adoption is that he joins DOL and keeps us updated :D :thumbsup:

agreed!

Hey Everyone,

I was bored and looking through old posts when to my surprise I stumbled upon this post.

This might be hard to believe but Andrew and Sapper are currently living with myself, my partner Tim and our puppy Snowy.

We took Andrew (or Nadsy) as he is more commonly known in when he got back from Afghan, my boyfriend is good mates with Nads and was in afghan with him.

Sapper is an awesome dog, so friendly and massive and he is a best mate to our 5 month old golden retriever. He's also a massive sook (in a good way) so laid back and chilled and lets our puppy climb all over him with no complaints.

Here are a couple of recent photo's of Sapper (or as I like to call him Sapper Dapper Doo or Sapprador)... We took him to the beach about a month after nadsy got him and he was really scared of the waves at first and was also scared of the dam at my boyfriends parents place but now he loves the water.

Nadsy and Kez were so appreciative of the hospitality of the Tapua folks, they were raving about the dinner you guys put on for them.

Anyway here are some photos :rolleyes:

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

I lubs a happy ending. :D

Lovely shots.. very handsome dog.

But tell Andrew not to leave a martingale collar on him.. its a choke hazard.

I'll pass that along, just a quick question though, why is it a choke hazard? I thought the point of these collars is that they don't actually fully choke because even when they are fully tightened they are still as loose as a regular collar? or is it that it might get caught on something? Just curious :thumbsup:

I lubs a happy ending. :D

Lovely shots.. very handsome dog.

But tell Andrew not to leave a martingale collar on him.. its a choke hazard.

I'll pass that along, just a quick question though, why is it a choke hazard? I thought the point of these collars is that they don't actually fully choke because even when they are fully tightened they are still as loose as a regular collar? or is it that it might get caught on something? Just curious :thumbsup:

1. The chain can catch easily on things - including Golden Retriever puppy jaws - folk here cant tell tales of one dog strangling another or a dog having its jaw broken by another dog's collar when they've played. Chain or cloth, the extra loop can be dangerous.

2. If fitted correctly, a martingale is tight when pulled by that chain - tight to the point where a dog cannot shake its head out of one or back out if caught.

A lot of folk leave their dogs naked (no collar) when unattended or in the back yard. I'm one of them and I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has multiple dogs in particular.

Edited by poodlefan

1. The chain can catch easily on things - including Golden Retriever puppy jaws - folk here cant tell tales of one dog strangling another or a dog having its jaw broken by another dog's collar when they've played. Chain or cloth, the extra loop can be dangerous.

2. If fitted correctly, a martingale is tight when pulled by that chain - tight to the point where a dog cannot shake its head out of one or back out if caught.

A lot of folk leave their dogs naked (no collar) when unattended or in the back yard. I'm one of them and I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has multiple dogs in particular.

Thanks for the info, I never really thought of that. We leave the collar off Snowy when he is in the backyard because he gets hotspots easily and the collar rubs his skin sometimes but I will tell Nadsy to take Sappy's collar off him when he is in the yard too.

Just thought I would give everyone an update as I thought it was a crazy coincidence that I stumbled upon this post :D

monique, it's a gorgeous set of pics and a great story!! Beautiful dog.

Out of curiosity, has Nadsy got any plans for what he may do with the hound if he's deployed again?

Well the talk at the moment, nothing set in stone yet, is that they will be going back over sometime next year (2012). Andrew and my boyfriend Tim are in the same section and would be going together. I would be more than happy to look after Sapper as well as our dog Snowy that we have now if he wants me too and we have heaps of friends who also have dogs and would help out if Andrew or I needed them too. We're a pretty tight-knit bunch with all the boys in the army and the girlfriends and wives and stuff so there will definitely be someone to look after Sapper, when the boys are away we all look after each other and I know a lot of the boys that went to afghan last year are not keen on returning so there will definitely be someone willing to help out

I have just stumbled across this beautiful story. I had tears in my eyes while reading about Andrew and Sapper, then to read the wonderful update with photos I just cried and cried. So beautiful and I so feel for our soldiers and so admire them. I salute and thank them for keeping this wonderful country safe.

I have just stumbled across this beautiful story. I had tears in my eyes while reading about Andrew and Sapper, then to read the wonderful update with photos I just cried and cried. So beautiful and I so feel for our soldiers and so admire them. I salute and thank them for keeping this wonderful country safe.

It makes me happy that everyone on here is so involved and happy about Andrew and Sapper. He deserves some happiness after all the crap his total witch with a b ex-fiance put him through.

The boys went through a lot over there and it's nice to see people supporting them.

I love the first two pics of a man with his dog. Looks like they have a fabulous bond.

Sapper looks like one very happy dog, and the original post said that he was to provide companionship to a returning soldier who'd done it tough - and it looks like he's achieved that purpose :laugh: