Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Let Their Dogs Take A Public Dump?

~Shepherd~

For the record, I have never poo dragged, ever. I have just trained my dogs to go morning and night wherever we may be, and if it doesnt happen and I am out I will take my dog to a private area and get them to poo on lead if necessary. I just dont think its necessary to have a joy pooer and that is what Charlie was doing. My dogs do not get nervous having a dump out of their zone and I would never make them sick for my own hang up.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, I have never poo dragged, ever. I have just trained my dogs to go morning and night wherever we may be, and if it doesnt happen and I am out I will take my dog to a private area and get them to poo on lead if necessary. I just dont think its necessary to have a joy pooer and that is what Charlie was doing. My dogs do not get nervous having a dump out of their zone and I would never make them sick for my own hang up.

That's still 'taking a dump in public'. Make your mind up, Squiddly. If your dog poos behind a tree it's still having a poo in public anymore so than having a poo in the oval or on someone's front lawn.

As long as people pick up after their dogs, that's all that counts.

God, i would LOVE kaos to go to the toilet while out of the house!

Silly girl wont go on the lead and has made herself very very sick when we have had to go away for a few days :eek:

She has peed while on the lead 4 times. Once was after holding it for over 2 days :)

Atlas can mark what he wants as long as no one owns it, trees and things are fine, and he always poops on lead when out walking, not the end of the world!

I walk a heap of dogs, and most go to the look while walking, i just pick it up and get on with life LOL

Sorry but I find the idea of stopping them cruel too, it's not good for their health - like humans, they should be able to go without having to hold on.

Take poo bags with you and pick up, not that hard and part of being a responsible, good dog owner.

Was teaching my neighbour's son yesterday, now allowed out with the dog in the local oval where people play sport. Let her do a big poo. Had a bag with him, looked and walked away.

Unlucky for him - the poo nazi was on patrol. Asked him to pick up and he couldn't work out how to do it, poo kept plopping to the ground. Gave him a demo so let's hope I don't keep finding the large poos he's been leaving for others to clean up.

Sorry but I find the idea of stopping them cruel too, it's not good for their health - like humans, they should be able to go without having to hold on.

Take poo bags with you and pick up, not that hard and part of being a responsible, good dog owner.

Was teaching my neighbour's son yesterday, now allowed out with the dog in the local oval where people play sport. Let her do a big poo. Had a bag with him, looked and walked away.

Unlucky for him - the poo nazi was on patrol. Asked him to pick up and he couldn't work out how to do it, poo kept plopping to the ground. Gave him a demo so let's hope I don't keep finding the large poos he's been leaving for others to clean up.

No one has made their dogs hold on until sickness sets in dogmad. I prefer poo routine.

That's still 'taking a dump in public'. Make your mind up, Squiddly. If your dog poos behind a tree it's still having a poo in public anymore so than having a poo in the oval or on someone's front lawn.

As long as people pick up after their dogs, that's all that counts.

perhaps but its a private poo, not a joyus multi dump. I am lucky I have always lived in houses with acerage or big backyards. They enjoy a quiet poo in a ladylike fashion.

There are certain times/places when I don't allow it - two doors down from our house on our way home, in front of the outdoor dining area of the local hotel at lunch time, tiny nature strip in the middle of a busy road... in those cases he can wait a few minutes longer until we can reach a more appropriate area.

Not hard to stop, just say "no" when I see the change in his posture that signals he wants to go and keep walking, then when we reach a place where he can go I stop and let him :eek:

I carry bags so 99% of the time he goes when he needs to and I just pick it up. Wouldn't make him hold on for long unless absolutely necessary, it must be uncomfortable.

Exactly.

I've been known to fast track it down the road dragging a sniffing dog with a puckering bum so that he doesn't drop at an awkward or inappropriate place but that's about it.

What's easily deposited is just as easily collected by a hooman hand in a plastic bag! :)

Yep I am the same. I never have a problem with Kody going in public as long as it is not out the front of an outdoor eatery etc and if he is looking like he needs to go then we run up a bit further to somewhere more appropriate and private.

Have you every tried to 'hold' it. It's very uncomfortable and I wouldn't want my dog to feel that way. I mean we are out on a walk to enjoy ourselves after all.

I always carry bags with me so it is no drama picking up after him (and I really despise those peeps who don't bother to pick up but that's another issue). I can't say I am particularly thrilled though when we have just headed out for a lengthy walk round the lake and he has to go. Means I get to carry a warm stinky bag for an hour and half, but hey it doesn't happen too often.

perhaps but its a private poo, not a joyus multi dump. I am lucky I have always lived in houses with acerage or big backyards. They enjoy a quiet poo in a ladylike fashion.

:thumbsup: ladylike pooing :D

My first greyhound took great delight in pooing every time he was out and about even if I had just seen him go in the back yard; he always managed to squeeze a couple more out. He would rarely wee away from home and most certainly never urine marked but he did have to poo mark :laugh:

:thumbsup: ladylike pooing :D

My first greyhound took great delight in pooing every time he was out and about even if I had just seen him go in the back yard; he always managed to squeeze a couple more out. He would rarely wee away from home and most certainly never urine marked but he did have to poo mark :laugh:

now that's what I'm talking about. The joy Pooer :laugh:

So change the title to 'My dog only dumps in a ladylike fashion'

Good grief you sure do start some strange topics

Edited by raz

So change the title to 'My dog only dumps in a ladylike fashion'

Good grief you sure do start some strange topics

Its a rant about joy pooing Raz. Nothing wrong with a rant. Off to change my thread title to my dislike of joyus pooing

My dog's a man. He poos along side the main road if he needs to.

He's a dog - his body tells him to go, so he goes.

:thumbsup: :D :laugh:

This reminded me - my last male dally once peed on two blokes legs. Hahahaha I didn't mind tho because it happened as we walked past their front fence. They came up close to the fence and started talking in Lebanese - it was clearly aimed at me and was NOT polite!!! Anyway they were busy laughing at whatever they were saying about me and my dog suddenly lifted his leg as he walked and let fly a long stream of pee - all across their legs and feet. HAHAHAHA They screamed and jumped back in shock.

I said "Oh dear, I'm so sorry!!!! Such a naughty dog!!!!" hee heee and they just looked at me with embarassed expressions. I gave my dog a big pat on the head and a cuddle as we got down the road a bit.

He really didn't usually do that sort of thing so I believe he did it on purpose coz they were being obscene towards me!!!

Its a rant about joy pooing Raz. Nothing wrong with a rant. Off to change my thread title to my dislike of joyus pooing

What has lead you to conclude that your dog poos when she's joyful Chewie? :thumbsup:

The fact that one of your dogs seems more willing to take a dump in public than others doesn't necessarily mean anything of the sort IMO.

Maybe she's got a more active gut than the others. My Whippet will generally have a poo within 5 minutes of the start of a walk or as soon as he's out of the car after a trip. I honestly think he just needs to go, not that he gets a kick out of defecating in public. :D

Edited by poodlefan

In Strathewen, we had wombats everywhere. They were peak pooers. Every large dirt mound or log within sight would have the distinctive dark green wombat poo. Elliot loved his mound run, rolling in, and eating the delicacy.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the joy poo.

In Strathewen, we had wombats everywhere. They were peak pooers. Every large dirt mound or log within sight would have the distinctive dark green wombat poo. Elliot loved his mound run, rolling in, and eating the delicacy.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the joy poo.

My oldest poodle boy's PB for poos on a walk is 4 in an hour. Don't walk him for two day and he can get quite bound up. I think its just his gut is stimulated by the activity.

He will do the whole "kick the back legs and run madly inside looking happy" but only from the back yard. :thumbsup: