Adelaide Groomers

kiesha09

Hi guys!

Being October I thought there would be plenty of time to book my two in to get a clip and tidy up at the groomers before Christmas. WRONG!

The groomers I normally go to are completely booked out on Saturdays from now till Christmas. They are one of the more popular groomers here so thinking about it now its no suprise. Because I have to work they have to go on a Saturday. I NEED to get them done now so that they can see and also again in December because they're going into the kennels while I go away and I really don't want them to have to deal with long coats.

So, what groomer do you go to or do you recommend?

:eek: After swearing black and blue it wasn't something I wanted to learn I now WISH I did know!

Some groomers offer a pick up/drop off service.

Or you can drop off on the way to work and pick them up afterwards.

What can you usual groomer do?

I'd take a day off work before I'd let a strange groomer loose on my dogs. That's probably why I now do them myself.

Edited by poodlefan

My usual groomer is a drop off pick up groomer. Except they are only open from 8am till 3/4ish so doesn't work for me with work.

I REALLY don't want to let someone loose on my dogs either that is why I am looking for recommendations. I also don't have much of a choice at the moment being that I don't know how to do it myself and they are already very overdue at the moment.

My usual groomer is a drop off pick up groomer. Except they are only open from 8am till 3/4ish so doesn't work for me with work.

I REALLY don't want to let someone loose on my dogs either that is why I am looking for recommendations. I also don't have much of a choice at the moment being that I don't know how to do it myself and they are already very overdue at the moment.

Can they access your yard when you aren't there?

Ah sorry I mean't I drop them off and pick them up but I realise you mean one of those mobile dog groomers that come to you (I think)?

My yard is accessible if I make it.

Some groomers actually drive out to client's homes, pick the dogs up and return them. These are salons, not mobile groomers.

ETA: I think at least one of the regular posters in the poodle thread grooms dogs in Adelaide.

Edited by poodlefan

I use Spoilt Dog for my two big hairy boofers and wouldn't go anywhere else. All the dogs, what ever size or breed come out looking beautiful. She makes a point of getting exact instructions as to what the owner wants done.

It's a happy, professional environment.

Edited by wire

Yep ditto - but Elise is very heavily booked usually as well - so I'd get cracking if I were you. BTW its on Fullarton Road at Highgate.

Hope that helps.

I use Spoilt Dog for my two big hairy boofers and wouldn't go anywhere else. All the dogs, what ever size or breed come out looking beautiful. She makes a point of getting exact instructions as to what the owner wants done.

It's a happy, professional environment.

Yep my two like her although being Borders all the grooming they get is when mum has been occasionally too lazy to trim feet and takes them to Elise to get there feet trimmed :laugh: .

:D One day I will be doing the same (when I get my working dog) but then instead of paying the groomer I'll probably be paying the cleaner to pick up all the dog hair :rofl::rofl:

Hi everyone! Firstly thankyou for the wonderful things said. Secondly, glad to be of help Keisha! Decided to log on for the first time in 7 months to find I've not been forgotten... Much be the big mouth lol.

Look forward to meeting you and the babies :laugh: The Spoilt Dog now also has it's own facebook page... See everyone there :laugh: