Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Guest belgian.blue

There are a few feeders here?

Your and your canines thoughts? I want to know everything!

eta - Contact details for Australia Wide .. Black Hawk Dog Food

NSW Mid North Coast, North Coast & Northern Tablelands please contact sheena Sue and Mark on [email protected] or 0412 749 499 Grevillea Cottage Farm

South West Western Australia please contact ososwift Jo on [email protected] or 0488 929 078

Edited by english.ivy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had my lot on it for a few weeks now, absolutely no complaints at all. The dogs love it, even Miss Fussy Dusty likes it and the poo pick up is less than half what it was when they were on Supercoat and Coprice. No sloppy ones either.

The dogs look good.....lean and muscular with soft, glossy coats.

I found the service from Sherel, the Vic rep was second to none. She went above and beyond to find a way to deliver it to me, at no extra cost, as I live in an area that's a bit out of the way.

All in all, I've been very pleased with the whole experience and I'm so happy to have my gorgeous dogs back on a super premium kibble, but at a really reasonable price.

The only dog not having it is my ancient Lhasa Apso.....she is 16 and a change of diet has an explosive effect that's not pretty. She exists happily on little foil packs of Natures Gift, and a spoonful of Supercoat kibble. At her age, she's earned the right to eat what she's happy with.

Guest belgian.blue

Thanks for your input Gayle.

I want to switch my two over while I still have some Nutro left. I feel I'm paying too much for a food that contains stuff my dogs don't need. I'm happy with Nutro but I find Badger's poops are large for a dog on half raw, half dry and his farts are to die for.

I'm going to call the number that pops up on the website for the Perth supplier, hope it isn't too hard to get it here.

I think I'm about 2 weeks in after the changeover.

As good as the Veterinary adult RC they were on, not much change in waste volume, but they are both premium foods so I wasn't expecting that.

Maybe their coats are looking a bit better...will see in a few more weeks. Delivery was 1-2 days early which was great, I'm very happy with it, it smells fresh and 'clean' IYKWIM. I will probably grab a bag for my kittehs as well.

I've never heard of this food. What it like price wise and can it be fed as a complete diet?

I'm in the middle of swapping my guys from EP to Nutro. Mine also have RMB and chicken bits.

Guest belgian.blue
I've never heard of this food. What it like price wise and can it be fed as a complete diet?

I'm in the middle of swapping my guys from EP to Nutro. Mine also have RMB and chicken bits.

Google Black Hawk Holistic. Cheaper than Nutro.

Don't get me wrong, Nutro is a really great food and my two are great on it but I find the pieces smell not so foody and natural. Also the price is high for two large dogs.

The more I read about Black Hawk the more I'm keen to try it.

My two will always be fed RMB most of the time and dry food on the side.

I've had my lot on it for a few weeks now, absolutely no complaints at all. The dogs love it, even Miss Fussy Dusty likes it and the poo pick up is less than half what it was when they were on Supercoat and Coprice. No sloppy ones either.

The dogs look good.....lean and muscular with soft, glossy coats.

I found the service from Sherel, the Vic rep was second to none. She went above and beyond to find a way to deliver it to me, at no extra cost, as I live in an area that's a bit out of the way.

All in all, I've been very pleased with the whole experience and I'm so happy to have my gorgeous dogs back on a super premium kibble, but at a really reasonable price.

The only dog not having it is my ancient Lhasa Apso.....she is 16 and a change of diet has an explosive effect that's not pretty. She exists happily on little foil packs of Natures Gift, and a spoonful of Supercoat kibble. At her age, she's earned the right to eat what she's happy with.

I will second this my bags are on the way Sherel went out of her way to get them delivered to me in Adelaide at

a very good price

I have Adult Puppy and cat coming

Hi there :rofl:

I put my boy onto this about three weeks ago after getting sick of struggling with Eagle Pack supply. He absolutely loves the stuff and he has been a bit fussy in the past.

Same amount of poos, his coat has continued to look awesome, (though it was already like that with EP and Flaxseed Oil).

I can't talk up the service of the suppliers enough! They were so helpful and made getting a hold of the food a breeze. Brilliant. :thumbsup:

Guest belgian.blue

Thanks so much to the others who replied :thumbsup:

I'm quite excited about getting it delivered. Will try and call the Perth mobile number when I get home.

Black Hawk Holisitic is an Australian made super premium kibble, packed generically and sold through the distributors, not generally through retail outlets. The price varies slightly depending on the distributor and freight costs, but to give you an idea, I paid $75 for 20kgs. They keep the price down by the plain packaging and the method of sale.

It really is a fab product, a lot fresher than imported kibbles and made from local quality ingredients.

Thanks Gayle, I had a squiz at the web site, I think I'll email them to see if we can get delivery here, I'm a bit reluctant to to swap again just yet as we see just in the transition from EP to Nutro.

Do your guys have it as a complete diet? Or do they still have bones etc?

Black Hawk Holisitic is an Australian made super premium kibble, packed generically and sold through the distributors, not generally through retail outlets. The price varies slightly depending on the distributor and freight costs, but to give you an idea, I paid $75 for 20kgs. They keep the price down by the plain packaging and the method of sale.

It really is a fab product, a lot fresher than imported kibbles and made from local quality ingredients.

The product is available in a couple of retail outlets near me. Branded as Holistic Lamb & Rice.

The product is available in a couple of retail outlets near me. Branded as Holistic Lamb & Rice.

How much is it from a retail store?

I got my bag on Monday, they have raw for dinner and kibble in the morning. I will know by next week if they maintain weight on it!!! So far no upset stomachs etc (I didn't have food to swap them over but they get a varied diet so I wasn't too worried)

I paid $75.00 for 20kg + $5 delivery charge.

I can't tell anyone how it is going. Suffice to say that although my boy hoed into it the first couple of times, now he is a bit intermittant about whether he wants it or not. Also, his poop is great one moment, not great the next.

No reflection on the Black Hawk product - just how my dog is.

My hopes are that if I am avoiding foods (eg corn; wheat; soy) that might have caused inflamation of the bowel and if the inflamed bowel is the reason Mandela has the "on again off again" digestive issues, then perhaps a bit of time might see him right. Anyway - not to turn this into another "Mandela health story", but just so you all know why I am not saying one way or the other whether Black Hawk is helping or not. I think I need longer to determine this.

But typically, he's barely touched it since I went ahead and bought the 20kg bag. Not the first time that's happened to me :laugh:. Gotta laugh.

I want to switch my two over while I still have some Nutro left. I feel I'm paying too much for a food that contains stuff my dogs don't need. I'm happy with Nutro but I find Badger's poops are large for a dog on half raw, half dry and his farts are to die for.

I'm going to call the number that pops up on the website for the Perth supplier, hope it isn't too hard to get it here.

BB i feed it to my rottis and they are doing very well on it. Even my older boy who kept losing weight is at a stable weight now.

And my fussy female leaves nothing in her bowl anymore

Wendy is great to deal with too :laugh:

Guest belgian.blue

BB i feed it to my rottis and they are doing very well on it. Even my older boy who kept losing weight is at a stable weight now.

And my fussy female leaves nothing in her bowl anymore

Wendy is great to deal with too :p

Awesome. May I ask how much you pay for 20kg and how long it takes to get a bag, approx?