2010 Supercoat Australian Flyball Championships

So everyone, the 2010 Supercoat Australian Flyball Championships are coming up fast

November 13 & 14 at the Dandenong Show

Who's gonna be there competing? Who's gonna come down to watch the biggest Nationals so far?

I'll be there with my 2 staffords, Eddie and Molly, they are looking forward to it, and so am I :thumbsup:

Edited by shoemonster

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Valley, they are trying to get it going arent they?

Can always start training them in anticipation, easy to start the basics, let me know if you want any info

My ball obsessed dog is retried from jumping sports because he is unsound and my other dog is still a baby (11 months) so I don't know that I can do any training yet? But if there was a club in WA I would happily go down and be a ball girl or help holding dogs or the like. :)

You can start training before 12 months, you just cant compete until 12 months

You can start teaching things like recalling to the tug/reward, and sending them to a stationary ball and have them return and swap ball for tug/reward

I used to set up a ball on an unturned pot plant or bucket, and hold them back and rev them up to go get the ball, then get them coming back as quick as I could

You can also start teaching the turn on a board resting against a wall (about the size of a door mat will do) to get them used to turns and turning on an angled surface similar to the box, and then once they will turn on that you can attach a piece of velcro and get them turning and grabbing the ball from the board

This site has great info

http://bcsportdogs.com/Turns.html

Yep we will be there, i cannot wait :cheer:. The countdown has begun here too. The amount of races per day is a little daunting though :p.

Edited by Clover

We were talking about minpin's the other saying saying we thought they'd make a cool height dog!

Not sure why there are not more Min Pins racing (especially in the lower divisions). Trigger is a 7 inch dog easily and runs on average about 6 seconds. Much faster than my Pug height dog :laugh:

:cheer: Valley, they are trying to get it going arent they?

Can always start training them in anticipation, easy to start the basics, let me know if you want any info

I think the AFA are actively trying to get it going over there, in the last committee minutes there was something about inviting clubs in the Perth region to express interest in getting it going

Hi Shoemonster

Sadly Gambit and I won't be there. :banghead: I'm very proud of the handler :cheer: for making a tough decision as the reason we won't be there

I know it will be a fantastic two days of racing, catching up with flyball friends also watching some amazing dogs in full flight.