Susan Garrett Workshop

At the recent ADAA Grand Prix in Tamworth, they gave away an entry to this as first prize in the raffle. Of course I didn't win it :eek: I have heard from a few people who have been to her seminars, that you have to be fairly thick skinned as she can be quite tactless & downright rude. No good for me....I'm too sensitive. I do admire her though & I think she is a great trainer & entertaining as long as you're not on the end of her stick. :D

Have you seen this

I am going the whole 5 days as auditor :eek: Should be AWESOME! I can't wait! Been having multiple discussions on what to bring including food with the person I am sharing a room with :D

I have also heard she is quite tough on people with working spots. I have not done the prerequisites for a working spot so only auditing.

I am also auditing for the five days - but my dogs are coming along too though as my bf is away over the weekend and I would rather have them with me than kennelled.

She does appear tough doesn't she? But I guess she is all about being 100% accurate.

I am SOOOOOO jealous of all of you. I committed to the flyball nationals 2 weeks before Cathy announced the dates for the SG seminar. :love:

I did 5 days with Linda Orton-Hill in January and apparently she is a watered down version of Susan. Over in Canada they have the luxury of being able to say - if you don't like it, don't come. Your dog doesn't tug - well, you don't get to move to the next class etc etc. They get results, but its not for everyone. Personally I have a pretty thick skin so it doesn't bother me, in fact I kind of like knowing exactly how it is, where I suck and where I need to improve.

Hmm, I will have to invest in a better voice recorder. Not sure how many hours I get on my 2GB mp3 player. I am auditing / spectating. Certain people are demanding comprehensive notes. Maybe I should take computer too so I can type them up. Maybe the old notebook. It's smaller than my hefalump. I wonder if it still cranks up. Sigh. I didn't notice Susan picking on auditors in any of her dvds. Cathy says we have to help set up.

I'm taking my dog. She wasn't far enough along with the "crate games", she might be now, is hard to tell. She likes being in her crate, she will go in voluntarily, but she's not like the dogs bolting in and out if their crates. I think I have to teach her to "play" better.

I've been shopping for the trip. Bought a thing that I can connect mp3 player to for the car, because the old cassette player with a tail stopped working. Also bought a new crate (soft sided - was hoping I could get the metal one into it but can't - but the soft sided one would be snake and bug proof where as the metal one isn't. Bought a new tent too, the old one was over 25 years old and I'm not too sure how much fun it would have been if it rained - couldn't get a bunkhouse for Friday and Saturday nights but have one for the rest of the seminar. Still need to buy a new fry pan.

And I picked up the car fridge from my brothers, and I have to get the luggage cage back in the car tomorrow.

I really feel like I don't have enough days left to get everything done.

And want to get a present for Susan but she's vegan, no alcohol (there goes the best from SA) and no caffiene (there goes the chocolate) and no softdrink and no acidic food so - no home made lemon cordial either. I'm thinking book. Except that's a PITA on the plane (weight restrictions), at least with something edible it could be all gone by time she needed to go home. Maybe it will have to be something electronic. Anyone bringing an SLR? Group photo?

And I'm trying not to think about how early will have to get up. Be at registration by 7:45am for 8am start - which is really 7:30am Adelaide time, and I'd have to eat breakfast, walk the dog etc before that. Yikes. One good thing about camping/holidays, getting up at sparrowfart is much easier.

And want to get a present for Susan but she's vegan, no alcohol (there goes the best from SA) and no caffiene (there goes the chocolate) and no softdrink and no acidic food so - no home made lemon cordial either. I'm thinking book. Except that's a PITA on the plane (weight restrictions), at least with something edible it could be all gone by time she needed to go home. Maybe it will have to be something electronic. Anyone bringing an SLR? Group photo?

Get her some toffee almonds or some Charlesworth nuts. They are one of the things that I miss from SA the most, haven't been able to find them here in WA, had my Mum bring some over along with a Balfours pastie! Yum :grouphug:

I was thinking Kyalite pistachios... Cos I will be going through that way. Then salted or unsalted. Hmm, unsalted for her, and salted for me and all of us.

There's going to be approximately 70 people including 16 handlers, but more than 16 dogs, cos some of the auditors (like me) are bringing dogs too.

There's better pasties to be had than Balfours. I do beleive SA is the only place you can get hard ginger nut biscuits, or yoyos. I don't know why. I was planning to make a vegan version of something I call "Anzac slice" - mostly so I have munchies but I can share if raisins are not "acidic".

You seriously can't get toffee almonds in WA? WTF? What I get most often from Charlesworth is Macadamia nuts. mmm. Again though, I like the salted ones best. I also like macadamia nut icecream but I don't know if there is a vegan (non dairy no egg) version. And getting it there might be difficult.

I googled the alkaline diet. So confusing. Depending which site you look up they have different lists of what is and isn't ok. Ie on one list - carrot is ok (alkaline), on another it's bad (acid). Same with a whole lot of food especially in the vegetable department.

It doesn't have macadamias on the list. I guess I get something I'm willing to eat.

I can't understand why Almonds would be on the "good" list.

http://jstorplants.org/2010/07/26/cyanide-and-almonds/

they contain traces of cyanide - same as apricot pits. Actually I eat some, that I put in jam. Ie all foods in moderation but to excess you could be in trouble. Then again spinach seems to have traces of it too, but nobody says don't eat that. Maybe it's because almonds are much more work and expensive than spinach.