What Floor Coverings Do You Have?

sallyandtex

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I just found my dream flooring - porcelain tile that looks like wood. I bet its $$$$

And its even called Doga :D

:) thanks for the link Poodlefan (or is it Poddlefan) :thumbsup::(

I've filed that linky away to investigate!

You'll keep. I expect I'll end up laying more of the vinyl floorboarding this time around. Stuff bounces on it and its warm for someone who spends summers inside with bare feet a lot of the time.

I have polished timber floors throughout my house, bedrooms and all!! Although they have a few scratches here and there, it's more from furniture than my old girl, but they still remain nice and shiney with a weekly mop over of warm water and Metho....I vaccum every second day.....glutton for punishment. On the down side? I do hear my old girl clippetty clopping around.

We have carpet all upstairs except for tiles in the bathrooms (2). Downstairs is mostly tile with one room with polished timber floors. We do have some slippage when the boys decide to go zoomies after their bath, but they do most of it outside. Big backyard. :o We also have birds with clipped wings who spend most of their time on the tiles so they're easy to clean. Two rugs, one in the tiled living room and another in the timber-floor living room. Mostly for coffee tables and dogs having somewhere to lie, although they spend most of their time on couches and not their beds. :laugh:

Dogs have access to whole house 24/7 but all are toilet trained (though the Min Pins are touch and go :rofl: ). We have the carpet steam-cleaned once a year (just yesterday actually!).

Tiles and carpet here. Carpet in the lounge & bedrooms and tiles in the wet areas.

The carpet was brand spanking new when we got the puppy and it has held up exceptionally well (puppy is now a year old). It's 100% wool, extra heavy duty, short pile and dark (grey/brown). We bought a steam mop to clean up puppy accidents and haven't felt the need to get it professionally cleaned yet. I wouldn't give up the carpet - you just need to be sensible about the type of carpet you choose and have products on hand to help you deal with accidents. In winter the pooch likes to lay on the carpet in front of the wood fire. Also in winter he stands right on the edge of the carpet watching us while we cook, won't put a paw on the tiles if he can help it.

The tiles came with the house and are fugly but functional. The pooch doesn't slip on them and enjoys laying on them in the heat. I hate that the grout gets dirty and is difficult to clean.

We have a staffy, so not much hair to deal with.

I'd like to change the tiles to floor boards one day... so have been reading the comments about them with interest!

Tiles and carpet. Fortunately (?) the carpet wasn't in great nick when we moved in, so I suspect it will be "wear and tear" when we move anyway (we're renting).

XH has very dark (cherry) polished boards, and the cats have gone to town on them. They're incredibly scratched.

No slipping problems so far.

Mostly carpet and tiles.

The house is only four years old and whatever carpet they put in cleans up really easily although there are already doggie footprints in some areas thanks to the mud outside :D but that cleans up easily.

We did live in a place with slate and that was wonderful!

I have industrial carpet throughout & wouldn't do anything else. Easy to clean, can throw a bucket of water over it in summer & dries real fast. Tiles a no no. seen too many dogs slip & they DO feel it. I have even slipped on tiles. hate them. plain floorboards underneath. :D

Edited by yap

We have floating floors throughout the whole house, with a bit of vinyl in the back part that we havent yet renovated. Love them, the dogs slip occassionally, but its more when they are being silly (mostly chasing the cat!) and it never lasts because thats when I turf them outside :D

We used to have carpert throughout the newly bought house but quickly discovered that having a doggy door and two long haired dogs do not match that flooring...so except for the bedrooms, we've put down wooden floors (oiled not polished) and it holds itself up well.

The bedrooms are polished boards, the bathroom and toilet are tiles and the rest of the house is slate, which I love, the dogs do not slip on it, but they are not allowed to run in the house. I have a few rugs around, the dogs have their beds, but often lay on the slate if it is hot even with the air-con on. Easy to clean and just needs resealing maybe every 5 years.

we have tiles, wood, carpets (just in small areas), and marble.

it takes a while before dogs realize that they're not supposed to use the carpet as a bathroom and that doormats are different so they should never wipe their muddy paws in indoor carpets... but eventually they learn.

LOL

:rofl: