Miss Mimi ...always In Our Hearts.

redangel

Miss Mimi (aka Minnie me)

From 4 weeks of age i knew you were destined to live your life with me. Your mother, Emma was my true heart dog, as you were from her last litter,..and your birthright, guaranteed that you would never leave us. You loved us as much as we loved you, but you loved your mother just that bit more. She was your protector, your teacher & for the most part she really never let you grow up. Even on your 12th birthday your mother insisted chasing you around the yard making the 'this is for you eat it' squeak we knew so well. I laughed as you cleverly hid from her, only to be found and, as her loved child, would force yourself to eat her 'present' no matter whether you wanted it or not...all for the sake of peace. I remember feeling confused as first you curled your lip up at me if I looked at you out my bedroom window......only to realize you were indeed smiling. It was your special ability. You were always smiling at me. Your mum did all the talking, never once did we hear you bark. Then the fateful night your mum crossed the bridge aged 18 you knew life had changed.....you stood over your old frail mother and howled. From that day on your bark arrived.

As your mother took her last breath I promised her that I would protect you, her precious one,as she had for 14yrs. My heart knows that I kept that pact until your last breath.

Yesterday you seemed perfectly fine, maybe a little quiet in the evening. But you didn't rush when I called 'din dins'. For a half blind girl who could detect a smacko packet opening three rooms down i knew something was wrong. I picked you up, you were shaking. You snuggled into me. I saw the look in your eyes- you knew you were leaving us. I didn't want to believe what you were trying to convey. I kissed you and we all said our goodbyes. You looked around, put your head down and your breathing grew deeper till you peacefully left this world.

I am left with loving memories of you (not many photos as you hated my camera) and a peace that I was with you until the end. Im still crying as I watch Luci looking for you around the house....I so wish I could ease her anxieties.....for the last year she has been your eyes & minder, and right now she is at a loss to where you are. I know one day I will see you at the bridge, but until then I console myself that you are with your mother Emma again...content and pain free. Rest my dear Mimi...you gave me the best gift of 16yrs of love and devotion.....how blessed was I.

m_DSC_0970-1.jpg

:D :) Redangel, that was a beautiful tribute, brought tears to my eyes.

hugs to your family, Mimi was blessed with such a long and happy life.

when I lost my little old Tashi at nearly 20, I couldn't remember a time when she wasn't there, I imagine your family will be feeling very much the same.

hugs to you all.

fifi