Best Show Trolleys

scrappynsuzie

I've had my OKS trolley for 12 months now and love it. I can imagine that one with big inflatable tyres as mentioned above somewhere would be great, but the normal ones are fine for most places you need to push them around showgrounds.

I also had a lot of problems with my NFS show trolley. Wheel fell off. Bars riveted the wrong way round stopping easy foldup, lid clip that won't shut as it is out of alignment. Can't push it along when closed up as wheels hit. Etc.

ETA Oh and forgot the worst thing is that the door latches open on their own when pushing the trolley and suddenly the gate swings open and dogs jump out. Very dangerous.

Edited by Chocolate

I also had a lot of problems with my NFS show trolley. Wheel fell off. Bars riveted the wrong way round stopping easy foldup, lid clip that won't shut as it is out of alignment. Can't push it along when closed up as wheels hit. Etc.

ETA Oh and forgot the worst thing is that the door latches open on their own when pushing the trolley and suddenly the gate swings open and dogs jump out. Very dangerous.

Ah yes I forgot to mention lid and door opening in my post

Are there any trolleys that fold up/collapse?

I will be looking for a 2 berth soon, and will need it to fit in my boot! :laugh:

All of the abovementioned would collapse flat. It will just depend upon your boot size and the size of the trolley as to whether it will fit.

Excellent. :confused:

Depth of boot isn't an issue, will just need to measure width of the opening.

It'll depend upon how big the space is in depth and width moreso than the opening. For example, my old trolley was too wide and too long for the boot of a Gemini. My current trolley (OKS one) just fits flat in the back of my Falcon wagon.

Opening does still need to be taken into account though! :shrug:

Not an issue now as I have a wagon, but my previous car (a mazda 121) the trolley could fit in the boot JUST and I mean JUST, but it had to be put in from the back seat with the seats collapsed because the opening at the boot was too narrow for the trolley to get through.

Ridiculous as this might sound, we have 4 c crates trolleys (the oldest being 13 years) and now today we got number 5 (a four berth...very exciting). We have all different sizes and they are brilliant.

Yes, they are heavier than other styles, but I love our ones, very sturdy and the have lasted horrendous weather and days when I've kicked the tyres (lol).

I have looked at the others, but I like best how easy they are to put water bowls in (attaching to the sides) and the fact that I bought the first one so long ago and it is still in great condition has been the biggest factor in me continuing to buy from them.

Nadia

My show trolley was made in Geelong and I love it

I can do cross country in the mud and all is good!

hey Lappie mum,

Ive seen these trolleys around and wondered about them, is there a web page for them? Also how much are they roughly?

Thanx!

I have a Honda City and it has a fairly good boot space, but again, I wouldn't want to order something, have it bought all the way up here and have it not fit! :thumbsup:

My show trolley - aluminum and very old (been re-revited and still going strong) fits in the back of my HOnda Jazz (standing up). I know it fits in the Honda City because when I was buying my car, I took my show trolley with me to put it in the back of the cars I was looking at. (Wont fit in the back of the Ford Fiesta, Suzuki Swift). Will lie flat in the City - my trolley is average, single berth size - it isn't a large one. Fitting in both the JAzz and the City made my decision on which car to buy difficult - I spent ages tossing up between the two. I love the looks of the City - decided in the end to go with the luggage versatility of the Jazz.

• 2 months later...
I have a Honda City and it has a fairly good boot space, but again, I wouldn't want to order something, have it bought all the way up here and have it not fit! :rofl:

My show trolley - aluminum and very old (been re-revited and still going strong) fits in the back of my HOnda Jazz (standing up). I know it fits in the Honda City because when I was buying my car, I took my show trolley with me to put it in the back of the cars I was looking at. (Wont fit in the back of the Ford Fiesta, Suzuki Swift). Will lie flat in the City - my trolley is average, single berth size - it isn't a large one. Fitting in both the JAzz and the City made my decision on which car to buy difficult - I spent ages tossing up between the two. I love the looks of the City - decided in the end to go with the luggage versatility of the Jazz.

I Love the versatility of my Honda Jazz, no one will believe how much I get in it and how much height there is. Once went to Horsham with 2 adults and enough gear for 3 standard poodles including trolley and umbrella tent and lunch!!!!!!!

Would not buy a trolley without SOLID corners, would not last!!!!!! But cant seem to find one at a good price but small enough to stand up in my Jazz. Like the Petnetwork one but the ebay trolleys are half price but a touch too tall

i am also very interested in this topic as i am tossing up a show trolley but i have a sedan so i would need a towbar trolley holder thingy mabobby LOL if anyone knows a link to someone who makes these that would be great - i am tossing up between an oks and a ccrate... just how heavy are we talking for a golden sized ccrate?

I have a Honda City and it has a fairly good boot space, but again, I wouldn't want to order something, have it bought all the way up here and have it not fit! :rofl:

I've only just seen this reply, thank you so much for that.

Eases my mind. :rofl: