Lab Pup On Bondi Vet

Dracdog

Lisa Chimes at SASH annoys me. She wobbles her head around every time she speaks. She remindes me of those nodding head dogs some folk insist on putting on the back window of their cars.

She annoys me too, the way she was acting like a teenage girl at the lizard last night...man, if your that scared of it get someone else to treat it!

I like her. She's bright and clearly passionate about her job and loves animals. It's nice to see someone 'normal' on shows like these. I wouldn't want to touch a lizard either. People expect TV identities to be perfect people but they're not so we should cut them some slack. I thought she was very brave to even touch it at all :D

Lisa Chimes at SASH annoys me. She wobbles her head around every time she speaks. She remindes me of those nodding head dogs some folk insist on putting on the back window of their cars.

She annoys me too, the way she was acting like a teenage girl at the lizard last night...man, if your that scared of it get someone else to treat it!

I would have asked for someone else to treat it if it were mine. She comes across as a dumb, ditzy blonde. No way she'd be treating any of my pets.

I would have asked for someone else to treat it if it were mine. She comes across as a dumb, ditzy blonde. No way she'd be treating any of my pets.

I would have asked for another vet who wasn't afraid of the goanna to treat it too. The vet nurse wasn't freaked out. Not that I'd go anywhere near it, but I'm not a vet.

Lisa is a vet who happens to be on a TV show about vets treating animals, she's not just a TV identity. If she was just a TV identity she wouldn't be treating animals.

She's probably an ok vet but we see only what they want us to see on TV and I don't think they're portraying her as a competent vet. The ortho surgeon at SASH seems to be very normal and competent.

I found it odd that they (the show) were so blase about a snail bat box being thrown in the owners yard :confused:

Yes I thought that too.

The other thing that worries me are all the dog hating nutters out there who might get ideas from watching that episode.

So glad the pup pulled through though.......poor little tyke was so ill I didn't think he would survive.

Actually, I heard from a friend that she is quite a good Vet and that 'he' is the ditzy blonde. (lol)

I have to agree with others, she does annoy me a bit too, especially when she keeps on talking to the camera while her patient is on the table WAITING to be treated. She comes across as being a bit full of herself.

I thought I'd find out some more info about Multicrop Slug and Snail killer so I wrote to Milton-Multicrop-Sales-

Marketing-Manager asking him for info (and suggested he answer the questions and comments posed on this forum)

I received an email from him....here it is...

Hi xxxx (me),

Thank you for letting me know.

Multiguard is much less toxic than any of the Metaldehyde based baits (defender, blitzem etc.) and even more less toxic than Baysol. Multiguard is not a scheduled poison where as the Metaldehyde and Methiocarb based baits are both schedule 5 poisons.

Multicrop still recommends some caution when using Multiguard as per the packaging. We recommend that people do not allow access to the packet for animals (dogs and cats) and do not place the pellets in heaps in the garden as if an animal consumes a large quantity it may be toxic. It would be unlikely to have a problem when Multiguard is just sprinkled around the garden as per the directions on the pack. If a person has a dog, I recommend they spread the bait while the dog is not in eye shot so that they don’t think you are throwing out food for them.

Multiguard contains a bittering agent( the bitterest taste known to man) to help deter children form eating large quantities. The bittering agent does not always work on dogs as they can guts their food down before they know what it tastes like in some cases.

I understand the website do not want companies promoting their products through the site so I will just send this info to you.

Best Regards

Milton Dyer

Commercial Sales

Marketing Manager

Multicrop (Aust.) Pty. Ltd.

Me again, so yes, it can cause problems if dogs guts the stuff, so obviously, be careful, though it is not as bad as some of the other killer-slug-baits

• Like 1

the bit that annoys me is the dealings i have had with SASH is that they are a teaching facility i think.

So test for everything etc.

I remember having a dog come from a country pound and she was in care almost 2wks and doing great.

Went to new home and got sick. So they rushed her to SASH and they did every test but PARVO. Even when

we rang and asked them to. We wanted to rule it out due to the fact that pups had come from same pound and

wanted to make sure. They wanted to do every other test known to man but that one. In the end the dog was

moved to a vet that works with rescue dogs the very next day and it had a gastro bug. SASH was really expensive also

Not saying that it is wrong to test for things, but sometimes i am not sure if they test for the most obvious things

or if they over dramatise and turn it on. I guess they have to for the Camera though.

Lisa sounds like she loves animals, but probably a little bit of a princess

I like her. She's bright and clearly passionate about her job and loves animals. It's nice to see someone 'normal' on shows like these. I wouldn't want to touch a lizard either. People expect TV identities to be perfect people but they're not so we should cut them some slack. I thought she was very brave to even touch it at all ;)

I thought she acted like an idiot. She's a vet. She needs to be able to treat all types of animals, not just dogs or cats. Most episodes, it appears that the vet nurses do a lot, she's very reluctant to touch stuff.

I also agree that she acts like a princess. A lot of times she seems repulsed to have to touch or deal with certain scenarios. Surely as a vet you can't be scared of getting your hands dirty. To me she sometimes even comes across as not even liking animals sometimes, its as if she's lived a very privelidged life, mummy and daddy had the money for her to study what she wanted, but the hands on reality of vet work seems to overwhelm her.

I like her. She's bright and clearly passionate about her job and loves animals. It's nice to see someone 'normal' on shows like these. I wouldn't want to touch a lizard either. People expect TV identities to be perfect people but they're not so we should cut them some slack. I thought she was very brave to even touch it at all ;)

I thought she acted like an idiot. She's a vet. She needs to be able to treat all types of animals, not just dogs or cats. Most episodes, it appears that the vet nurses do a lot, she's very reluctant to touch stuff.

I also agree that she acts like a princess. A lot of times she seems repulsed to have to touch or deal with certain scenarios. Surely as a vet you can't be scared of getting your hands dirty. To me she sometimes even comes across as not even liking animals sometimes, its as if she's lived a very privelidged life, mummy and daddy had the money for her to study what she wanted, but the hands on reality of vet work seems to overwhelm her.

Actually, I tend to agree with you 'Got nuthin' , she DOES come across like that !

A few friends and family also watch the show and none can stand either of them. They watch the show with horrified fascination as to what she will carry on about next. (LOL)