Why Is It Some Shows Seem To Dicourage Interstate Exhibitors

Jsk

Ok so gonna have a whinge here, its futile and I fully expect to get flamed but:

I am entering a show interstate next month that is a new show, first year its run.

Usually I go to a different show thats about 45 mins closer than the new one and a week earlier.

But I figured I would support the new show instead.

Both shows are interstate and the new show is about 6hrs 15 mins but I wanted to support it. I am taking 4 dogs possibly 6 (2 of my own and the rest are friends dog I am taking).

What is annoying me is that camping for 2 adults and 3 children is $24 per night.

So to stay for 3 nights for a 3 day shows it will cost $72, thats for unpowered.

Kids are the same price as adults.

Does that seem a bit excessive to anyone else?

Most grounds here in Vic charge a flat rate per site regardless of how many people. That sucks and does make it hard for those traveling!!!!! But I guess at least you are able to camp on ground- it would be alot more expensive if you had to book a caravan park.

Having said that tho most shows I have seen here charge $10 to $20 per night so the cost to me is reasonable.

I've paid from $14 to $30 a night and it depends on the grounds and who owns them. If council/show ground trusts want their cut, you can pay a lot more for camping. Perosnally I think you are having a bit of a whinge over what is a pretty minor cost. A caravan, motel or B&B would set you back a lot more than that.

The schedule states, for non powered site:

$8.00 first person & $4.00 additional person per night so when you break it down and look at it this way, it's really cheap!

We're booked into a motel about 1/2 hour drive @ $99 per night but I like my creature comforts :eek:

ETA: see you there!

Edited by Aziah

...and their entry fees are lower than average for NSW in general IMO

$8.00 per entry (most shows I attend are $9.00+) $5.00 for baby puppies & sweepstakes (often baby puppies and sweeps are the same price of general classes).

The schedule states, for non powered site:

$8.00 first person & $4.00 additional person per night so when you break it down and look at it this way, it's really cheap!

We're booked into a motel about 1/2 hour drive @ $99 per night but I like my creature comforts :eek:

ETA: see you there!

:p We occasionally do the motel thing as we cant be stuffed camping so the price of camp sites doesnt really bother me cause its always wayyyy cheaper than a motel! Dont blame you liking your creature comforts camping can be such a PITA some times :)

$8.00 per entry (most shows I attend are $9.00+) $5.00 for baby puppies & sweepstakes (often baby puppies and sweeps are the same price of general classes).

I agree with this! Loving $8 entry fees and I just wish I had a baby puppy atm so I could take advantage of the $5 entry! :(

I will be doing my first camp show in Feb, I'm really excited about it, wouldn't really care about the cost, I just think camping with the other showies will be a blast, plus apparently they are having a big spit roast.

To make you feel a bit better, shows I have entered next year interstate will cost thousands! lol ( dogs and helpers!)

Try living in WA and every Interstate show is $$.

But in reality better value than some of the country shows here at six hours away by car, the same travel on a plane and an Interstate comp!

J

To make you feel a bit better, shows I have entered next year interstate will cost thousands! lol ( dogs and helpers!)

Try living in WA and every Interstate show is $$.

But in reality better value than some of the country shows here at six hours away by car, the same travel on a plane and an Interstate comp!

J

Ooooooooooooo are they coming to Vic. :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Thats the general cost of most of the country and Aggie shows in QLD.

and yes I still do think its expensive, I have never paid that much for a powered site.

Okay here's my whinge,

Exhibitors complaining about camping.

The camping fees are no way affiliated with the Kennel Clubs in NSW, the ground owners (in this instance, the showground trust) organise the camping, we do not collect any profit from it. Don't like it, don't camp. We can no longer collect camping! The ground's owners must, or someone affilliated with the grounds. This show in question is very reasonable!

I can tell you from experience (I am the secretary of the club holding the show the week prior), clubs TRY to keep the cost of camping down. The owners of the grounds could charge whatever they want if they could! Trust me!! We're dealing with that at the moment!!

I live 40 mins away from this show in question, yet I'll still be camping! So will all my family! (there's about $100 in camping fees for the weekend!)

Go another 200kms down the road to Gunnedah (with is the central hub of showing in Northern NSW) and you pay $10 a night PER PERSON for powered, you're all using the some amount of power from the same power outlet!! And $8 unpowered, yet every show the camping grounds are PACKED!!

We DO NOT discourage interstate exhibitors, infact, one year I sat down and addressed 100+ envelopes to send schedules out to the QLDers who had exhibited at our show the year before... In Northern NSW we actually get more Qlders coming to our shows that people from further down, why? because it's 5 hours + for sydney people to come up, whereas, it's sometimes just a hop over the border for Qlders, why would we want to discourage them?

JMHO