A Hilarious Story And Proof That Gilbert Is The Smartest Jrt In The Wo

I think this is absolutely hilarious- i hope its not one of those, you had to be there things!

At the end of a day of lecturing NDTF students today, i was sitting on the ground watching another trainer do a demonstration of shaping a dumbell retrieve. The dog had done a number of sessions and was just starting to pick up the dumbell- a really great result.

Sitting on my lap watching was my JRT Gilbert while the other 4 dogs were relaxing in a stay around me. The dog doing the demo did really well and on the last repetition, received a big reward and in the process knocked the dumbell underneath a table. The dog was then given to a student to hold while the trainer came over to say a quick hello to all of my dogs who were released to greet. 4 dogs had a happy hello but Gilbert- immediately upon being released and despite the fact there were a few pieces of food dropped on the floor nearby- trots over underneath the table, collects the dumbell perfectly in the middle and trots out, parading around the room trying to give the dumbell to people.

He has NEVER done any dumbell work OR any shaped retrieves. It was so gorgeous and he did it so rapidly and trotted around as if to say to the other dog- 'how could you take so long to do something so easy?!!' :laugh:

There were lots of laughs and lots of rewards for him. :rofl: