Warmists Hate Not Only Humans, But The Dogs That Love Them

aranyoz

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewb...that_love_them/

Matt Smith is a journalism lecturer and thus, of course, a global warmist of the more puritanical kind:

Serving up Fido as an entree might be a bit extreme, but
… When it comes to an ecological footprint, a dog is the equivalent of two Toyota LandCruisers…

The fact that a family pet is such a way of life in the Australian culture is damage enough. Even if we widened our palate to include dogs, that wouldn’t stop people owning pets…

What would be most effective is for people to think hard before buying a pet. It might be better to grow some plants instead. At least plants are edible.

Humans must not only deny themselves children, but love on four legs. Dogs must go, too - turned into dinner, if need be.

So for whom or what are these warmists actually saving the planet?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont fall into the trap of assuming that any pimped up information served up by some journo as representing the veiws of people concerned about global warming, is at all reliable.

Its a standard way of discrediting perfectly reasonable points of veiw, and derailing intelligent debate, to find one extremist or nutter and make them the 'poster-person' of the issue. Its the same method used to characterise refugees as terrorists and feminists as bra-burning man-haters. Makes an entertaining story but isnt very informative.

If you check out his other work, you find Andrew Bolt is a right wing climate change denier and its difficult to see how a lot of his work could be described as 'balanced'.

Please dont fall into the trap of assuming that any pimped up information served up by some journo as representing the veiws of people concerned about global warming, is at all reliable.

Its a standard way of discrediting perfectly reasonable points of veiw, and derailing intelligent debate, to find one extremist or nutter and make them the 'poster-person' of the issue. Its the same method used to characterise refugees as terrorists and feminists as bra-burning man-haters. Makes an entertaining story but isnt very informative.

If you check out his other work, you find Andrew Bolt is a right wing climate change denier and its difficult to see how a lot of his work could be described as 'balanced'.

http://m.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and...1124-187bh.html

This one has nothing to do with andrew Bolt!! The lunatic fringe have away of making the next generation feel guilty. Don't say you haven't been warned!

He is an extremist, I don't think most 'Greenies' ala environmentally conscious people agree with his warped viewpoint at all.

He does appear extreme all right but here he is lecturing at La Trobe indoctrinating the next generation of journalists. That is where the real worry is!!

Andrew Bolt is the biggest mud slinging journo out there. He should've had his lips stitched up and fingers cut off years ago. He doesn't abide by any journalist ethics that I want to be part of. His sole aim is to cause chaos. He is like print media's Kyle Sandilands. Don't even bother reading anything he writes because it will not contain balanced arguments or info sources from both sides, just his single minded opinions.

Andrew Bolt is the biggest mud slinging journo out there. He should've had his lips stitched up and fingers cut off years ago. He doesn't abide by any journalist ethics that I want to be part of. His sole aim is to cause chaos. He is like print media's Kyle Sandilands. Don't even bother reading anything he writes because it will not contain balanced arguments or info sources from both sides, just his single minded opinions.

Don't get your knickers in a twist about Andrew Bolt get your knickers in a real twist about the Matt Smith who via his teaching profession at La Trobe University is indoctinating the next generation of jounalists on how we should not own dogs!

""Pooch pie on the menu if we don't cut ecological pawprint"

Matt Smith November 25, 2010

Go and get your knickers in a twist that The Age would print such garbage!!

Edited by aranyoz

I looked up Matt Smith's bio. He's a podcaster at La Trobe, not on professorial staff. Once worked in radio. Also says he's freelanced & will do 'silly voices'.

So this is not coming from someone in a science department. A single factor being given as a cause in a complex scenario, was a giveaway for that.

There's compelling evidence that dogs contribute to better health & well-being in humans... and to very effective means of doing all kinds of work. So the subsequent saving of energy & resources, factors dogs in, as on the 'green' side.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/author-bios/matt-smith/

I looked up Matt Smith's bio. He's a podcaster at La Trobe, not on professorial staff. Once worked in radio. Also says he's freelanced & will do 'silly voices'.

So this is not coming from someone in a science department. A single factor being given as a cause in a complex scenario, was a giveaway for that.

There's compelling evidence that dogs contribute to better health & well-being in humans... and to very effective means of doing all kinds of work. So the subsequent saving of energy & resources, factors dogs in, as on the 'green' side.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/author-bios/matt-smith/

He needs exposing and his credibility questioned. Thanks mita!

He's probably chortling to the students in media studies...that attacking sacred cows, motherhood or pet dogs, is the way to get instant attention in the general media.

Edited by mita

Its a standard way of discrediting perfectly reasonable points of veiw, and derailing intelligent debate, to find one extremist or nutter and make them the 'poster-person' of the issue.

Exactly. Labelling helps too. Like, maybe, "warmist" :laugh:

Its a standard way of discrediting perfectly reasonable points of veiw, and derailing intelligent debate, to find one extremist or nutter and make them the 'poster-person' of the issue.

Exactly. Labelling helps too. Like, maybe, "warmist" :laugh:

Warmist is certainly not a complement it akin to 'useful idiot'! :eek::)

Don't get your knickers in a twist about Andrew Bolt get your knickers in a real twist about the Matt Smith who via his teaching profession at La Trobe University is indoctinating the next generation of jounalists on how we should not own dogs!

""Pooch pie on the menu if we don't cut ecological pawprint"

Matt Smith November 25, 2010

Go and get your knickers in a twist that The Age would print such garbage!!

Sorry, I see the name Andrew Bolt and the mad woman within takes over. Hopefully those being submitted to the irrational rantings of Matt Smith will be intelligent enough to make their own decisions, particularly as a large proportion would be dog lovers/owners. There always seems to be some radicals teaching at universities - I know I had a couple during my studies.

He gets my vote over left wing extremist any time!

BTW the first place I heard this story was months ago on the Sydney Morning Herald, can't be more left that that...LOL

Soon they'll have us all living in characterless boxes, 2 or more on a little suburban block with no dogs and no backyard.

Nasty minded little people :) who miss the point

Beautiful dogs, a large and healthy garden and horses what could be better ?

Edited by turkishdelight