Grong Grong

SkySoaringMagpie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if they have a date or the judges name on them!

Is that common?

Not here though occassionally we see a year on them...

Bilbo must have seen the same submerged house as I did - horrifying :eek:

Hey Aziah were you watching this morning??. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I watched briefly this morning :eek: the channel I watched yesterday was playing up so didn't get to see the coverage I did yesterday.

Crazy - I guess the show is going ahead?

Not if they have a date or the judges name on them!

Is that common?

Not here though occassionally we see a year on them...

Bilbo must have seen the same submerged house as I did - horrifying :eek:

Hey Aziah were you watching this morning??. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I watched briefly this morning :eek: the channel I watched yesterday was playing up so didn't get to see the coverage I did yesterday.

Crazy - I guess the show is going ahead?

As Solotz said why put yourself into harms way. There is now way I would head up there.

Just heard from a local up that way, and roads are fine from Wagga to Coolamon to Grong Grong. Sun is shining, blue skies are out and things are draining away for us. Not sure for those coming from ACT or north as Gundagai was dicey they say. (only hearsay, I can't really be sure as I"m going only by rumours)

Just heard from a local up that way, and roads are fine from Wagga to Coolamon to Grong Grong. Sun is shining, blue skies are out and things are draining away for us. Not sure for those coming from ACT or north as Gundagai was dicey they say. (only hearsay, I can't really be sure as I"m going only by rumours)

And meanwhile another whole flood peak is heading down the Murrumbidgee towards Gundagai and Wagga. They're evacuating parts of Queanbeyan.. on a river that will feed into the Murrumbidgee. Its still raining here and we had an absolute deluge last night. Lots of local roads flooded and all flood waters will end up in the Murrumbidee.

They've got Captains Flat below the dam on alert - the dam will be opened to prevent it being destroyed and that water will feed into the Murrumbidgee.

There are two major dams that will provide more inflow into the Murrumbidgee

You aint' out of the woods yet. From the BOM website:

Overnight between 40 to 110 millimetres of rain has fallen over the Murrumbidgee catchment upstream of Wagga Wagga. Rain has cleared since 6am this morning.

High inflows from streams that enter the Murrumbidgee River downstream of Burrinjuck Dam are expected to produce renewed major flooding at Gundagai and Wagga Wagga within the next 24 hours.

At this stage it is not possible to provide peak predictions due to uncertainty over future spills from Burrinjuck and Blowering Dams.

Edited by poodlefan

Just spoken to a truckie mate who has travelled through Narrandera last night and is now in Toowoomba. He has told me to go up the Hume and take the Corowa exit, bypass Corowa and travel to Urana. Turn right at the T junction at Urana and travel to Narrandera. He said Narrandera had some wet spots but traffic is directed around it.

My group are now all debating and want to go through Shepparton but I'm rather leaning to Truckie advice as they do this all day and talk with each other. Anyone got an opinion about this route?

Does anyone have a link to road closures in NSW? Our local radio just announced that the Hume Hwy is closed (near Tarcutta I think) and that traffic is being diverted

The NSW RTA website is shit - currently gives me a map of NZ.

ABC news website is better for local areas. Linky to news article here.

Edited by poodlefan

Does anyone have a link to road closures in NSW? Our local radio just announced that the Hume Hwy is closed (near Tarcutta I think) and that traffic is being diverted

Just checked ABC Riverina & Hume's to close at 11am from Yass to Albury :eek:

Yep, north of Tarcutta.

I realise that no one likes to miss a dog show but just remember that things always happen for a reason (even if we can't see it at the time)...safety to yourselves and your dogs is of utmost importance and I am a big believer in not pushing for something if things are continuously trying to give one a message (ie. road closures, heavy flooding)!

Edited by Aziah

Just spoken to a truckie mate who has travelled through Narrandera last night and is now in Toowoomba. He has told me to go up the Hume and take the Corowa exit, bypass Corowa and travel to Urana. Turn right at the T junction at Urana and travel to Narrandera. He said Narrandera had some wet spots but traffic is directed around it.

My group are now all debating and want to go through Shepparton but I'm rather leaning to Truckie advice as they do this all day and talk with each other. Anyone got an opinion about this route?

There's a fair bit of water on the roads between Shepp and Yarrawonga, that's via the Katamatite Rd. Don't know what it's like going via Numurkah up the GV Hwy.

The Hume is being diverted out to Junee, Wagga and then back on to the Hume through Culcairn. Thats one hell of a long diversion.

As Poodlefan pointed out earlier, its not the rain that will be falling on the weekend that will cause the problem - it is what is going to be travelling down the river systems. Our backyard is flooded like it was 2 months ago when Holbrook flooded - that influx of water moved down the river and flooded Narrandera a few days later - I can only imagine how much water is rushing down there now after two major rain events in the area in a week.

:eek: Hi People I am north of Albury and there is water laying around but sun out to-day.........and the water is drying up...

I still think from Albury to Wagga to Coolamon/Ganmain and on to Grong Grong will be all clear for the w/e ahead........

Melbourne people I have no idea, it is 3 hours simple driving up to Albury , I do not know if any other way is open or not....

Bohunt the Truckies know the best way to go !!!! :eek:

Good Luck for all those going :eek: No rain over the w/e or so they say !!!!