Retrieving & Field Training Talk

Had our first session back out in the paddocks for the season today. Unfortuantely not many birds but Polo had a few nice finds and I was very pleased that I haven't forgotten everything either!! We only spent about an hour out there, it was getting too warm and not many birds but it showed how unfit we both are. Polo has pretty much crashed since coming home, usually he can go for half a day and still come home and be ready to go go go! :laugh:

eta some pics :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/psfts/sets/72157629712582255/with/7033889793/

Edited by FHRP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just lovely pics FHRP!

Had Em out for the first time in ages this morning.....she did a couple of quarter wagon wheel drills with a real Spring in her step (I've realised that doing 12 dummies bores her silly) and remembered the handling we had been working on before she came into season. One or two other things need tightening up again but that's training for you!

Rubystar, are you coming down to the trials at Arthur River at Easter, again ?

Should be a nice weekend with the weather being cooler, and a little bit of rain this week.

Sadly, I won't be this year :(

I didn't know about it until this past weekend, it crept up on me! And I'm crazy busy with work and study. I am however looking forward to a weekend away of retrieving later on as I bought a new camp mat especially for it laugh.gif Bit wary to sleep in my tent again though, last time when I packed it up, there was a huuuuuuuuge spider between the tent and the tarp I had on the ground under the tent! eek1.gif Might sleep in my car like I did the first time. Might feel less like sleeping in a coffin this time without the big bulky air mattress that brought me close to the roof! laugh.gif

Good luck at Arthur River!

Edit: if you hear of anyone in Perth who is heading down for a day and has a spare seat, I don't mind coming along to steward for a day :)

Edited by RubyStar

Love the pics FHRP!!! I can't wait to get back out in the field but my work is being mean and making me work lots of weekends :cry:

There is a huge field next to our house that has a bit of cover and rabbits living there, I love taking Zora over to hunt, she gets very animated... It's really her most fav thing in the world.

Here is a pic of her on point, watching where the rabbit went off to

6877372780_90a4fd171b.jpg

Rubystar, are you coming down to the trials at Arthur River at Easter, again ?

Should be a nice weekend with the weather being cooler, and a little bit of rain this week.

Sadly, I won't be this year :(

I didn't know about it until this past weekend, it crept up on me! And I'm crazy busy with work and study. I am however looking forward to a weekend away of retrieving later on as I bought a new camp mat especially for it laugh.gif Bit wary to sleep in my tent again though, last time when I packed it up, there was a huuuuuuuuge spider between the tent and the tarp I had on the ground under the tent! eek1.gif Might sleep in my car like I did the first time. Might feel less like sleeping in a coffin this time without the big bulky air mattress that brought me close to the roof! laugh.gif

Good luck at Arthur River!

Edit: if you hear of anyone in Perth who is heading down for a day and has a spare seat, I don't mind coming along to steward for a day :)

Thanks RS will do our best.

Glen Mc is coming down Sunday to be Chief Steward for Mike, would be very early though to get there before vetting. Might be others going down that I don't know about.

Ah what's a little bit of wildlife gonna do ? As long as it doesn't slither !!!

The next weekend away is the Foundation Day weekend, and there is a house on site that you can book a room to have your mattress in if you get in early enough. Also a real shower and toilet !!

Very pretty pic RV :) I hope that work stops interfering with the important stuff soon! :mad

I know!! :mad I like my job but missing all these dogs things :cry:

It's not that long till out first Field Trial in Perth - the 26th of May! Looking forward to watching. :)

Thanks RS will do our best.

Glen Mc is coming down Sunday to be Chief Steward for Mike, would be very early though to get there before vetting. Might be others going down that I don't know about.

Ah what's a little bit of wildlife gonna do ? As long as it doesn't slither !!!

The next weekend away is the Foundation Day weekend, and there is a house on site that you can book a room to have your mattress in if you get in early enough. Also a real shower and toilet !!

A bit of "wildlife"? :eek: Says she who sleeps in the comfort of a caravan!! :laugh:

Oooh where do I book a piece of floor in this house - that has a shower and toilet?!!!

Yeah would probably be a bit early :( I will give this weekend a miss with everything I need to do, but plan on attending more trials this year so will help out where I can :)

Now what's all this about too cold, too early and creepy wildlife! That's half the adventure of retrieving trialling :laugh:

Sshh TSD or we will have all of them wanting to come out and share with us. I just did a write up for a breed club here saying retrieving people had it so good because we have fresh air, beautiful countryside and just the best people in the sport ever. So who wouldn't be jealous of us ? Didn't someone once say that dawn was the best part of the day ?

Pink, the dam of my avatar was confirmed pregnant via ultrasound this morning. Yo is the sire. Should be "sweet" high desire pups.

She then went onto hunt quail.....it being quail opening today. A very important date to some!!!