New Puppy!

AdoubleJ

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - here are some photos! He is verrrry different to a beagle puppy - not nearly so full on, quite happy to have his own company. I have to remember that wehn he has had a good play he gets 'put back to bed' like a baby!! :o

P1010357.jpg

I caught a duck - aren't I clever!

P1010336.jpg

P1010338.jpg

Stalking the septic tank mushroom!

P1010345.jpg

Meeting some of the tribe!

P1010346.jpg

Gosh he's cute!

Interesting reading all about the Spinones, they sound like such fantastic dogs. But the lady around here who bred a litter had terrible trouble finding homes for them. She ended up giving some away to people she knew would give them fantastic homes, which is how the lady at our obedience club came to have one.

Little bugger just growled at me when I put my hand in his food bowl while he was having lunch!!! :o That will stop!! Never had it with a beagle but by the time he had finished eating and I was feeding him food out of his bowl the growling stopped..... like I said - little bugger!!!

Cat - his name is Enzo

HE is so cute!!

My girl is extremely laid back :rofl:

She growls when she hears something, very deep growl, then waits for the viz to investigate :eek::o

Certainly never growled over food, even bones. Maybe Enzo had a :eek: moment. ;) Roisin also growls when excited, playing, interested in something. THey do have a different and wiide range of communication noises, many that I've never heard other dogs make.

They are certainly very very soft dogs.

Gayle, they are so little known that breeders really need to have a list of buyers before a litter. I do know that one time a breeder had a list and most dropped out when the bitch was pregnant :o a real shame.

They are very expensive and hard to get hold of dogs here too Adoublej.

Roisin's breeder 'looked' after Bernardo when he was in quarrantine in Vic.

Enzo is so lovely, they do love their sleep. When I got Roisin it was a shock (after the viz!!)

She was completely toilet trained at 9 weeks and slept through every night for about 9 hours!

THe viz was trained early too, but up to 'play' every couple of hours, day or night......it was worse than a new baby, full on day and night :rofl: I was exhausted. I've heard the boys are 'easier', lazier.....

My two have those ducky toys, love them. the spin takes her sucky teddy, or if II'm not on the ball, her BED! all over the house, even out to do wees... :) she is incredibly strong and carries things everywhere all the time.

She is also an excellent 'hunter' and has such a soft mouth that she has never killed anything and will drop things in my hand for me to let go, slobbery pigeons etc.!

She will leave if I tell her, so does have some self control ;) which is good as she is not allowed to touch toads or lizards etc....

enjoy him heaps, he will be huge before you know it.! I know who I'm visitin when I'm lucky enough to get to NZ one day!!

Edited by Monah