Best Super Premium Food For Toy Sized Dogs?

indigirl

Hiyas, I am wanting ppls opinion on the best super premium food for my Iggies. Due to where I live the only foods I can access locally are Advance, Hills Science, Euk and I think Iams, I know there is RC cat food not sure about RC dog food. My larger dogs do fantastic on Bonnie working dog and raw bones, but my igglets I struggle to keep the weight on. So im thinking a super premium where they dont have to eat as much may be the go. Are any of these worth the $$? or am i better off paying the extra for the postage and buying Nutro, Artemis etc? I ams till happy to give the IGs raw bones for thier teeth several times a week, but a complete food would be great.

I know there is RC cat food not sure about RC dog food.

I would've thought if the shop had RC cat they'd have RC dog, or maybe could order it in?

I use RC above anything else, but mostly raw feed. Not for small dogs, but puppies and very active young adults. One of the best IMO.

I know there is RC cat food not sure about RC dog food.

I would've thought if the shop had RC cat they'd have RC dog, or maybe could order it in?

I use RC above anything else, but mostly raw feed. Not for small dogs, but puppies and very active young adults. One of the best IMO.

I jsut went and checked (its the vet) but they only have the special RC diets, same with the cat food but as I use the S/O Cat food they stock it. Im sure he could order the RC in for me.

I don't suppose you could get some Black Hawk delivered out to Broken Hill :)

Im sure I could but isnt it a large sized kibble? Not sure my iggies would want to eat too much if its too much effort to chew it lol

No...it's not large...about the size of a small pea & comes in 20kilo bags for about $90. Contact the distributors & they will send you out a sample. It's really good stuff, you only have to read the threads on this forum to see that. Getting it delivered is the biggest problem. You might be closest to the SA distributor.

I don't suppose you could get some Black Hawk delivered out to Broken Hill :)

Im sure I could but isnt it a large sized kibble? Not sure my iggies would want to eat too much if its too much effort to chew it lol

No...it's not large...about the size of a small pea & comes in 20kilo bags for about $90. Contact the distributors & they will send you out a sample. It's really good stuff, you only have to read the threads on this forum to see that. Getting it delivered is the biggest problem. You might be closest to the SA distributor.

Hi, don't want to hijack the topic but who is the SA distributor, any details would be greatly appreciated?

I have difficulty keeping weight on Howard the Whippet.

He loves Advance Active which is higher in fat than the other Advance kibbles but the size is on the larger size. Still my Toy Poodle can snarf it without issue.

Most Junior or Puppy kibbles have reasonable fat content - I know a few sighthound folk who feed those, even to their adult dogs.

Royal Canin do a small breed junior too.

Hiyas, I am wanting ppls opinion on the best super premium food for my Iggies. Due to where I live the only foods I can access locally are Advance, Hills Science, Euk and I think Iams, I know there is RC cat food not sure about RC dog food. My larger dogs do fantastic on Bonnie working dog and raw bones, but my igglets I struggle to keep the weight on. So im thinking a super premium where they dont have to eat as much may be the go. Are any of these worth the $$? or am i better off paying the extra for the postage and buying Nutro, Artemis etc? I ams till happy to give the IGs raw bones for thier teeth several times a week, but a complete food would be great.

The Artemis Small Breed Adult is a complete super premium food and the kibble is very small and the freight to Broken Hill would only be $8.85 for a 6.8kg bag.