Import Costs?

kate4939

There are lots involed, for a start the pup must be a min of 6 months old, to do with the titre testing etc...then youve the pup fee, vet fees, flight fees, quarrentine fees...and ALOT of mucking around...if its just to buy a pet and not import new lines etc, youd be heaps better off getting apup here.

Thinking of importing a dog/puppy from the US (Kentucky or Oregon) wondering if anyone on here may know the costs involved?

As the post above said, US is difficult.

In short, it takes 5 months in the US to ready a dog to go into 30 days quarrantine in Australia.

You might to look in the Uk, Sweden, Finland, Norway.

From there it is about 3 weeks to ready the dog and then 30 days quarrantine in OZ.

Good luck with it and let us know what you decide to do.

Edited by shortstep

Costs for importing my 12 week old boy from Norway in July were $6500. Friend is bringing in a 12 week old girl from Sweden in January and she is already over $7000 - both figures include the quarantine costs and neither of us were charged for boarding the pup before importing.

Ive got a dog coming in from Poland and its costing us over 10,000, the dog had to be there until he was 10 months old, boarding with the breeder, show costs, testing, vacc, re testing and vacc when one did work out right (that also meant more time in Poland) AQIS papers, flights and then quarentine

Edited by Bjelkier

I know that feeling Bjelkier I have one coming fom Europe in the next 4-6yrs :rofl:

I don't knowif i worked out the price of semen rom Poland but it was going to cost me about $10,000 - But may of miscounted lol :rofl:

Should have taken the all expenses paid one from the USA ;) :xmashohoho:

*sigh* :rofl:

Approximately USD $5000 for Collie size (30kg) from Minneapolis area incl. new XL vari kennel plus quarantine fees here approx $39.00 pcd.

Inclusive in price was internal airfares in US amounted to approx $1300 incl pick up from breeder and road transport, air fare Minneapolis to LAX, new XL vari-kennel and prelim vet work for export.

well I'm looking at importing from germany and there are the same import rules there but I made an exaggerated estimate of $18000 :rofl: for a Swiss Shepherd that way I have room for surprises. (I hope its exaggerated :rofl: ) though if you talk to breeders of similiar breeds that have imported you might get a closer estimate. my estimate is just "what is the most someone would want" it may hopefully come to less but then it may still come to be more.

I have just imported from a Cat 4 country & all up I have spent almost $8K, that includes quaratine, only just paid that this week !!!!!!

I wasn't charged boarding either, however I did pay for entries over there as he was already registered in my name, glad I didn't have to do that too often !!!! and we complain about entry fees here, YIKES.

Not sure what Cat US is though ????

I have just imported from a Cat 4 country & all up I have spent almost $8K, that includes quaratine, only just paid that this week !!!!!!

I wasn't charged boarding either, however I did pay for entries over there as he was already registered in my name, glad I didn't have to do that too often !!!! and we complain about entry fees here, YIKES.

Not sure what Cat US is though ????

US is cat 4 country

Edited by dwilds

There are lots involed, for a start the pup must be a min of 6 months old, to do with the titre testing etc...then youve the pup fee, vet fees, flight fees, quarrentine fees...and ALOT of mucking around...if its just to buy a pet and not import new lines etc, youd be heaps better off getting apup here.

The dog must be vaccinated for rabies at no less than 3 calendar months old. Then they have to wait a minimum of 21 days and have the RNATT (rabies titre) done and then they can travel 5 months from that date.

So you would be looking at the dog being approx 9 months old before it could travel from a Category 4 country.

Thinking of importing a dog/puppy from the US (Kentucky or Oregon) wondering if anyone on here may know the costs involved?

As the post above said, US is difficult.

In short, it takes 5 months in the US to ready a dog to go into 30 days quarrantine in Australia.

You might to look in the Uk, Sweden, Finland, Norway.

From there it is about 3 weeks to ready the dog and then 30 days quarrantine in OZ.

Good luck with it and let us know what you decide to do.

Finland is a Category 4 country not a Category 2 as the other 3 are.