Damn Those Short Lived Cavaliers, So Disease Ridden

Jed

I found this on my facebook page today. Things have not been too tikety boo lately, and I just found that Grace, unhealth tested maiden Cavalier, is whelping in 1 week, according to the vet, sire of the pups unknown, so this really cheered me up.

I haven't heard from this lady for about 9 years/ One of those puppy buyers who is an excellent home, and then drops under the radar, and you lose touch. This was the message ... names have been deleted

Hi XXXX in 2000 we purchased our gorgeous cavalier king charles from a XXXXXXXXXXXXXat xxxxxxxx. we are now considering purchasing another cavalier and was wondering if by any chance you are the same xxx and still breeding cavaliers, as I am having no luck in tracking down a xxxxxxx at xxxxx. would love to hear back. xxxxxx of xxxxxxx phone xxxxxx

So he is still living, and probably in good health - he is now 10+. How pleased am I? Another one to make it to double figures. No SM, probably no MVD, no LP, no nothing. Yippee

Congratulations, Jed.

Contacts like that help to ameliorate some of the not to good things that have happened lately.

I am having lunch today with people who adopted little dogs from me, one family last year and the other this year and both adopted two dogs together, so two happy families and four happy dogs. Although naturally I didn't breed these dogs (LOL), it is great to know that people and puppies are happy.

So he is still living, and probably in good health - he is now 10+. How pleased am I? Another one to make it to double figures. No SM, probably no MVD, no LP, no nothing. Yippee

I'd bet there'd be more of yours out there, living happily under the radar, & doing extremely well health and temperament wise.

The thing that annoyed me about the surge of p/b dog bashing, was that it grew out of only poor examples. And then got generalised.

By the way, Buddy p/b Cavalier and long-time therapy dog at Everton Park State High in Brisbane, started 'work' at age 2 yrs & died recently at around 14 years. Still at his school job until recent months. He also was the product of a Qld registered breeder. Something worked well there re both health & temperament.

Buddy's memorial plaque at the school, reads, 'Buddy, a friend to everyone.' His ashes are buried in the school garden.

I haven't seen her since July, I understand she is ok. the new carers were astonished, vet says whelping next week, let you know

My two old girls are 14 Mita, both got murmurs. Their friend died last year at 13.5 from a stroke, no murmur. The majority of registered cavs do ok, I think but nothing is foolproof. :)

Nice to hear Jed. I helped some friends get a Cav for their family many years ago. He passed last year at age 13. Did have some heart problems towards the end I think but for 99.9% of his life was a healthy, problem free, lovely little dog.

My two old girls are 14 Mita, both got murmurs. Their friend died last year at 13.5 from a stroke, no murmur. The majority of registered cavs do ok, I think but nothing is foolproof. :)

Dead right, Jed.

Our sheltie, from a Qld registered breeder died at age 15 yrs. She had a murmur, of the kind that came with age. Wasn't cause of death. It was a stroke, too. Reduced her quality of life so kindly PTS. Until then, she'd never had a sick day in her life.

I found this on my facebook page today. Things have not been too tikety boo lately, and I just found that Grace, unhealth tested maiden Cavalier, is whelping in 1 week, according to the vet, sire of the pups unknown, so this really cheered me up.

I haven't heard from this lady for about 9 years/ One of those puppy buyers who is an excellent home, and then drops under the radar, and you lose touch. This was the message ... names have been deleted

Hi XXXX in 2000 we purchased our gorgeous cavalier king charles from a XXXXXXXXXXXXXat xxxxxxxx. we are now considering purchasing another cavalier and was wondering if by any chance you are the same xxx and still breeding cavaliers, as I am having no luck in tracking down a xxxxxxx at xxxxx. would love to hear back. xxxxxx of xxxxxxx phone xxxxxx

Are you not ashamed of yourself, Jed? How on earth are you ever going to get a decent turnover if the bloody things are making double digits???

Just quietly, well done. :eek::mad :D

Oh, Kinsella, when I want to flog more, I simply go out and steal them - of course, they buy more from me!! LOL, I llike your work :eek:

I am not so pleased for myself only - that is what I breed for - dogs which will be as healthy possible for as long as possible

I am pleased for registered breeders, who were so badly done by PDE, and although they, and I refuted the allegations made on PDE, we weren't believed.

And I like happy customers. :mad

A good registered breeder is worth their weight in gold, I know that I am happy (and sad) to wait for a puppy from Jakes breeder for as long as it takes because I know first hand the amount of dedication she puts into her dogs & pups