Endurance Test 2011 Thread

glad Fiona and Viszlas are safe. Yes I've smelled that smell before and it is so bad!

we've really stalled here as Digby has hurt one of his toes. its not that its bad, its just that because its on his pad its so vulnerable to being opened up.

Our springer has arrived but it doesn't fit on the road bike well. We'd probably need to get a mountain bike soon. When Digby's toe is better we might try the springer n the BMX :love:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the same problem Raineth.

Does it not fit because it's hitting the pedels? Have you tried putting it on under the seat?

Hi Boxagirl; sounds like your training is going really well :)

it doesn't actually hit the pedals but it comes really close! Maybe it will all be o.k.

I'll have to wait for "the healing of the toe" to see for sure if its going to be a problem.

We do have it fitted under the seat. Maybe we could put it somewhere else. It will probably fit just fne on the mountain bike when we get it :love:

I'm really not sure if we're going to make it. Digby is such a big boy; but we're going to have fun trying :)

My springer comes really close too- I have to ride with my heel on the pedal instead of toe on the pedal on the springer side- otherwise my foot will hit it,

I'm getting a new bike too :love: My bikes gears don't cut it for the longer hilly rides. I've been bitten by the bikeriding bug now I think :)

My springer comes really close too- I have to ride with my heel on the pedal instead of toe on the pedal on the springer side- otherwise my foot will hit it,

I'm getting a new bike too :D My bikes gears don't cut it for the longer hilly rides. I've been bitten by the bikeriding bug now I think :)

My OH loves bike riding so he is doing all of it :) he thinks its a great excuse to get a mountain bike, as he only has the road bike. I think the road bike will be unhappy going over different terrain. its certainly a fantastic way to exercise your dog :thumbsup:

We took Digby swimming today as we still need to try to get him fit. Its hard, as he is possibly the laziest dog in the world.

My OH loves bike riding so he is doing all of it :thumbsup: he thinks its a great excuse to get a mountain bike, as he only has the road bike. I think the road bike will be unhappy going over different terrain. its certainly a fantastic way to exercise your dog :rolleyes:

We took Digby swimming today as we still need to try to get him fit. Its hard, as he is possibly the laziest dog in the world.

Hi,

If you are going to get a new bike, a mountain or hybrid would be fine. A good idea would be to take the springer to the bike shop to see how it would fit on any of the bikes you are considering.

I would NEVER consider a road bike for an ET, especially if it is carbon framed.

Sorry to hear that Digby has injured himself. Let him heal properly before recommencing training him. Once well, I am quite sure he can do it.

M

I'm getting a new bike too :rolleyes: My bikes gears don't cut it for the longer hilly rides. I've been bitten by the bikeriding bug now I think :thumbsup:

How many gears does your bike have? Most ET's are on level ground.

Unless, you really WANT a new bike ;)

M

How many gears does your bike have? Most ET's are on level ground.

Unless, you really WANT a new bike

M

My bike is a mountain bike- 6 gears I think (but they seem to be broken and I can only ride in gear 3 without the gears changing themselves)- would be fine for ET but now I've been bitten by the bike riding bug and have some friends to ride with on new bike trail-20-40kms hills lol I need (and Want :birthday: ) a new bike :birthday:

Hi,

If you are going to get a new bike, a mountain or hybrid would be fine. A good idea would be to take the springer to the bike shop to see how it would fit on any of the bikes you are considering.

I would NEVER consider a road bike for an ET, especially if it is carbon framed.

Sorry to hear that Digby has injured himself. Let him heal properly before recommencing training him. Once well, I am quite sure he can do it.

M

well we got the springer working fine.

And we tested it out just going uo the street and back and its working really well :birthday:

we booted Digby up and that worked perfectly; no damage at all to his toe.

couple of photos

bikingwithDigby001-1.jpg

bikingwithDigby011-1.jpg

My bike is a mountain bike- 6 gears I think (but they seem to be broken and I can only ride in gear 3 without the gears changing themselves)- would be fine for ET but now I've been bitten by the bike riding bug and have some friends to ride with on new bike trail-20-40kms hills lol I need (and Want :birthday: ) a new bike :birthday:

That is different then. You actually NEED a new bike! :birthday:

M

well we got the springer working fine.

And we tested it out just going uo the street and back and its working really well :birthday:

we booted Digby up and that worked perfectly; no damage at all to his toe.

couple of photos

Digby looks like he is really enjoying this!

M

Wondering if anyone wants to meet up and do some biking practise together.

The Diva gets so excited, I think I need practise at getting her used to working on the bike around other dogs. I live in inner city but could meet most places. Also Sydney Park is a good place to practise for anyone looking for somewhere off road to ride with their dog.

Also does anyone have any other training place suggestions?

Still waiting for my new attachment to arrive.. it's been two weeks. :D

are you talking about a springer Parkeyre?

our only took 5 working days, so maybe you should email them and ask. (we purchased from pets providore)

thanks Abbiestart and boxagirl :laugh:

yes he does love it :(

So nice to see him enjoying exercise!

ETA:

freundhund, we'd love to meet up but we're too far away.

Digby gets distracted by other dogs too; so its something we need to work on as well.

Edited by raineth