Endurance Test 2011 Thread

:D took my boy out earlier he went really well over the diff teraine he didnt miss a beat, we covered about 4k's he kept up the pace, the faster I peddled the better he paced I am very happy with his progress :champagne: even when we had 3 off leash Jackies go pass, a Bc cross that didnt like us peddling pass. Orlando didnt even take any notice of them just kept the pace. :):rofl:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been really happy with Ahsoka's progress - she's really comfortable with the few kms we've been doing so I'm starting to increase her speed and distance. She's loving it!

I would definitely be up for a group ride in Sydney! It's great practice for the dogs to get used to running in single file!

We would be up for the group ride but I think its a bit far for us to travel :) sorry Terrenik but is anyone wants to do a group ride here in the S.E Melb!!

Did my first ride with Cash and the bike - waiting for our walky dog to arrive to I thought I'd give it a go just holding the lead. He went beautifully - his heel was more consistent on the bike after we got into a rhythm, and we mainly rode on grass and dirt with some gentle slopes, and we only did 1 km. I'd definitely want to get the brakes changed sides, because when we were going down hill it was a bit of a worry having to use the front brake (I have disk brakes so they don't grab but I worry about going over the handlebars once we get some speed up). I didn't want to risk having the lead hand on the handle bars, not until he's used to it. Very happy with our ride, will do a bit each morning a few days a week.

5609017211_909cbb65a7.jpg

OK Im going to start training this week for the Syd trial in August. Eeeek! Dumb question but how do you know how far you ride?

Can I get an I phone app to help me lol?

I use runkeeper in my iPhone and you can have groups to all encourage each others progress

OK Im going to start training this week for the Syd trial in August. Eeeek! Dumb question but how do you know how far you ride?

Can I get an I phone app to help me lol?

Hi Merrirose.

Sorry, I cannot help you with a phone app, but if you go to the following website and click on the "Endurance Test" tab, the whole procedure is mapped out for you.

ET

I have competed in nine ET's and judged ET's in Victoria and the ACT and I am happy to answer any questions you have.

M

Hi Merrirose.

Sorry, I cannot help you with a phone app, but if you go to the following website and click on the "Endurance Test" tab, the whole procedure is mapped out for you.

ET

I have competed in nine ET's and judged ET's in Victoria and the ACT and I am happy to answer any questions you have.

M

Sorry, link does not work. Go to www.abbiestar.net and click on Endurance Test tab.

Thanks,

M

Hi all, how's everyone going with your training ? How many km's are you all doing and how often ? We are doing about 3-5 km's every second day just walking and 8 -10 km's on the bike twice a week, with a day off for shows or obedience class. Aiming for a late June early July ET.

Really pleased with my little mans progress, by the time we do this ET he will look like the Hulk.

We are out every 2nd or 3rd day depending on my schedule. At the moment we are doing either a 4-5km ride, a 3km run or some interval training. Soaks is doing really well and has no issues with anything I'm throwing at her so far, so I'm happy with our progress!!

Jedi has been joining us on the rides, too just for fun (he did his ET last year). He's doing better fitness-wise than he was for his own ET! :D

Okay, well as the Diva has a major show over the Easter weekend, I have really upped her training.

So at the moment I alternate between, standing up to my chest in sea water for an hour while she swims alongside me, biking her for 20 Kilometres or going for a 8 kilometre bushwalk of lead (which means with all the Diva's extra running around means she puts up about 10k's+)

Also she goes to obedience training twice a week, agility and show training once each a week. I then do some extra obedience training and show training with her everyday. After the Easter show is over I will cut down her workload a bit, the problem is at the end of her 20 kilometre bike ride the Diva wants to go again and I am exhausted.

Mind you about 8 weeks out from the ET I shall start to increase her workload up to this level again.

Okay, well as the Diva has a major show over the Easter weekend, I have really upped her training.

So at the moment I alternate between, standing up to my chest in sea water for an hour while she swims alongside me, biking her for 20 Kilometres or going for a 8 kilometre bushwalk of lead (which means with all the Diva's extra running around means she puts up about 10k's+)

Also she goes to obedience training twice a week, agility and show training once each a week. I then do some extra obedience training and show training with her everyday. After the Easter show is over I will cut down her workload a bit, the problem is at the end of her 20 kilometre bike ride the Diva wants to go again and I am exhausted.

Mind you about 8 weeks out from the ET I shall start to increase her workload up to this level again.

:laugh: That's a lot of exercise, right there! :D

Hi TerraNik

I am doing so much work with the Diva as we have the GSD National over the Easter weekend. There are 79 Intermediate bitches in her class!!!!!

Can I recommed to everyone after biking today, practice biking in the rain!!!! Especially, practice for your dog stopping and shaking, then practice riding thru puddles nice deep long ones :):) Then practice riding thru mud!!!!!! :rofl::mad:) do you know how hard it is to ride in mud!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also can I recommend that you try out your wet weather gear to make sure that it fits over your bike helmet, I am lucky because mine does but I thought that some people might need to check. And pack pain killers as well, I am finding I need them as my knees and shoulders are killing me after a bike ride. I have also lost 5 kilos since I started, note the Diva hasn't lost any weight but has got to the stage that as soon as I get the bike out of the car she starts to dance with the excitement at the thought of going for a run.

Wow Diva will be extremely fit - she will look amazing, good luck :)

We do 6kms biking every second day and 4 to 6 kms of walking every day or sometimes every second day. SO sometimes biking and walking on the same day. Our trial is mid June.

I don't know how many you are smokers out there, but I am have been trying to give up for years now, after trying everything on the market I have found the solurtion for me :thumbsup: After starting all this training with Orlando for the Endurance ride, I have cut back hell of a lot.

This morning I decided to bike ride to our accountants (on the other side of town ) to do the @#@#$ Bas, got the bike out, got out the front door & low & behold Orlando got out by jumping the Baby gate & was waiting to go with me. Oh boy did he crack the poops :thanks: with me leaving him behind :thumbsup:

Our training is going good being a sighthound he discovered bunny rabbits the other night, (well you could imanagine it the prey instincts kicked in) he tried to chase them forgetting I was on the other end of the lead with the bike ;)