• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very well done, and congratulations.

Just a quick question

If your dog does a poo in the ET do you bag it and ride with it or bag it and pick the bag up later or go back and pick it up after??? Just been thinking as my dog likely will!

Just a quick question

If your dog does a poo in the ET do you bag it and ride with it or bag it and pick the bag up later or go back and pick it up after??? Just been thinking as my dog likely will!

You stop and pick it up straight away. Then you catch up to your place in the line.

With your poo bag or can you leave it there and get it afterwards? - as in off the path of course :D

At the ET I did last year, there were stewards who stayed with you while you picked it up and they took the bag for you.

:cheer: WTG freundhund! Yep - think you should be fine with the ET willingness test :cheer:

OSS, the briefing before the test should clarify the local practice at your particular ET. The hard bit is catching up again and getting back to your place in line.

We finally got the bike out again on Saturday - 3 km with both, then a pause while I put Kirra back in the car - she's 9 now, and pulled a hammy a few weeks ago, so that was enough for her. Then another 5 km with Rory - so he did 8km all up. He does love it and works on a beautiful loose lead. Need to get some more training going though - bit hard to squeeze it in between our other commitments - obedience, tracking training, showing for him, and agility and Track & Search trianing for Kirra - oh and a Dances with Dogs workshop in Melbourne for both of them. And then of course there's work - to fund the doggy habits. :hug:

Just a little of topic. Trial the Diva at her first trial, she came in 4th in CCD on a countback at the GSD National. Now we should be able to deal with the obedience at the ET.

Cheers

Well Done to you and the Diva!

The ET should be a breeze now.

M

Just a quick question

You stop and pick it up straight away. Then you catch up to your place in the line.

It is pretty important to make sure you do pick up after your dog. A lot of the ET tests are run on public grounds, so it is imperative to leave them clean, particularly if the host club wants to be allowed back again. Here in Melbourne the general rule is "No pick up - No Pass". Your judge should make all instructions clear at the commencement of the test and if he/she doesn't, then make sure you ask. Best to be sure.

When I judge, I require and immediate pick up if possible, and the waste carried back to the starting area where it can be dumped, and then disposed of properly once that leg of the run/cycle has concluded. If it is nor possible, then the entrant must return to the spot and clean up on the next lap.

M

I have only just found this thread....

Jett and I are training for an ET at the end of this month. I have just increased our training sessions from 3-3.5 km to 4.5km and am finding that her recovery time is good. This week we will be doing 2 days on, one day off - today was our day off.

I have ordered some lactade to add to her water and some pad conditioning wax to keep her pads supple.

I am looking forward to it, but I hope that it doesn't rain *LOL* its hard enough to ride through grass, but wet muddy grass :thumbsup: and with me wearing glasses...well I will need some wipers on them :thumbsup:

Is anyone else doing the Vizsla ET at KCC Park? I haven't yet practiced with another dog in front of me.... I am 'hoping' she will be fine as when we do our specialty shows she just contrates on her job and doesn't chase the other dogs...

Jett and I are training for an ET at the end of this month. I have just increased our training sessions from 3-3.5 km to 4.5km and am finding that her recovery time is good. This week we will be doing 2 days on, one day off - today was our day off.

I have ordered some lactade to add to her water and some pad conditioning wax to keep her pads supple.

I am looking forward to it, but I hope that it doesn't rain *LOL* its hard enough to ride through grass, but wet muddy grass ;) and with me wearing glasses...well I will need some wipers on them :thumbsup:

Is anyone else doing the Vizsla ET at KCC Park? I haven't yet practiced with another dog in front of me.... I am 'hoping' she will be fine as when we do our specialty shows she just contrates on her job and doesn't chase the other dogs...

Hi Trinaj welcome to ET we are puting our Whippet through this year :thumbsup: & our Pappy through next year as she needs a lot more training ;) being a smaller breed. I agree, hope it does not rain, We are looking at doing the Vizsla Et, bloody early morning though. I have printed out the info from the Vizsla club. Should be fun anyway :)

I am looking forward to it, but I hope that it doesn't rain *LOL* its hard enough to ride through grass, but wet muddy grass :) and with me wearing glasses...well I will need some wipers on them :laugh:

Hi TrinaJ,

welcome to the ET thread. May is the start of the ET season with the first ET being run by the Vizsla Club at KCC Park. The Dalmatian Club will hold one on June 11, the German Shepherd Club on June 25, and East Gippsland on July 5.

The good thing about KCC is that it is completely flat. There are no hills to challenge you. The bad thing is, that KCC seems to be in a rain belt area and it can be very very wet. The park actually flooded earlier this year!

Best of luck for the test.

M

Hi Abbiestar may I please make a correction, according to Dogs Vic mag, East Gippsland Obedience Dog Club are having their ET on the 2nd July not the 5th, I hope you accept my corection :laugh:

Hi Abbiestar may I please make a correction, according to Dogs Vic mag, East Gippsland Obedience Dog Club are having their ET on the 2nd July not the 5th, I hope you accept my corection :laugh:

Thank you for clearing that one up :)

Wouldn't that be good - turning up on the wrong day!

Which have you entered?

M

Well I've finally bought myself a new bike so can begin training in earnest. I regularly go for 5-10km walks with my girl, so now we'll be upping the distance :hug: . I don't think she'll have any trouble, it's just me!

Sounds like everyone's preparation is going well. Akira's not doing it until 2012, but her training is going well. She and OH have been doing a three km run twice a week, though I believe it's slower than it's meant to be at the moment. OH reckons that she could probably run it again without stopping, but he doesn't reckon he can! :hug: She's still only young, so don't want to push her too hard just yet.

Hi Abbiestar may I please make a correction, according to Dogs Vic mag, East Gippsland Obedience Dog Club are having their ET on the 2nd July not the 5th, I hope you accept my corection :clap:

Thank you for clearing that one up :clap:

Wouldn't that be good - turning up on the wrong day!

Which have you entered?

M

We are looking at doing Hungarian Vizsla club at Kcc park, can you tell me is there any forms the vet has to fill out??, do I get that from the Secratary :hug: We are looking forward to the Challenge :(

I did have a form for the vet to fill out - but that was 5 years ago - and it may have come from the particular club. Just checked the rules, and couldn't see one there. It'd be worth copying the bit in the rules about what the pre-test vet certificate should cover anyway, and also checking with the Trial Secretary.

rules page 4 under Inspection

We are looking at doing Hungarian Vizsla club at Kcc park, can you tell me is there any forms the vet has to fill out??, do I get that from the Secratary :thumbsup: We are looking forward to the Challenge :rofl:

the club secretary should mail out to you all the necessary forms. included in this is the vet health check form. This must be completed within the two weeks prior to the test and presented on the day. Good Luck!

M