Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi N.M.E.

Welcome to the ET thread. Wishing you best of luck for the ET in Perth. Fantastic that you want to run the 20k's. I always admire that in a competitor.

To answer your question, yes, you can have a bike as a back up, and you can have additional handlers lined up to help with the run/cycle.

Most courses do run on a circuit. Start and Finish points are the same, so that would make a change from jogging to cycling, or a handler change very easy. It is perfectly allowable.

M

Awesome. That puts my mind at ease. Thanks a lot. And thanks for the welcome :D

Hi NME hope to see you there. I will have a Whippet :)

I'll keep an eye out for you :D I'll have a skinny little short haired Border Collie, but the give away will probably be my green running getup :p

Oh really, should I ring them then?? Entries don't close until the 6th and they didn't ask for the info in their ad in the canine news.

Probably an idea. At least you know you have done the right thing.

M

Congrats to you and Orlando, Murve!!

I have a funny feeling you and Orlando where running behind my Dad and my little girl.

They were R9, I think

Libby also passed her ET with flying colours.

Sent the paperwork off to the VCA yesterday.

When her title comes back she will be Gunyah LibbyLou HT ET!!!

Not bad for a dog that is DA!!!

I have a funny feeling you and Orlando where running behind my Dad and my little girl.

They were R9, I think

If your dad ran a Border Collie X, yep thats right your little girl passed very nicely, I was R10, Peperone Original Sin, we were the only Whippet entered :D

Everybody did well & Passed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They were R9, I think

If Jett and I pass out ET we will have exactly the same title as your dog.... she will be Willemstadt Elite Love HT ET - not bad for one or 'those' Rottweilers ;)

They were R9, I think

If Jett and I pass out ET we will have exactly the same title as your dog.... she will be Willemstadt Elite Love HT ET - not bad for one or 'those' Rottweilers ;)

What ya talkin about TrinaJ :laugh: of course you will pass :thumbsup:

Hehehe we have to compete in one first murve.

Ososwift, they are beautful aren't they :)

MOst certainly, My first dog was a Rotti, Unfortunately she was BYB and had OCD in her elbows and had to be euthed young, but the very best dog. One day I hope I can bring myself to have another :) For now I will just love everyone elses :D

Edited by OSoSwift

Trial sec for GSDCV rang to confirm they have our entry :thumbsup: l hope everyone has their entries in, there are just enough that a ballot wont be needed. Fingers crossed for no late entries ;)

Og goody - all fingers and paws crossed :)

Trial sec for GSDCV rang to confirm they have our entry :thumbsup: l hope everyone has their entries in, there are just enough that a ballot wont be needed. Fingers crossed for no late entries ;)

That is great news for you. best of luck!

M

Yep that was them!!

Dad ran her for me as I just get so frustrated with her being dog aggressive, besides she listens to Poppy so much better than me!! LOL

Nothing at all wrong with a Rotty!!!

And I really think that as long as you train your dog to run correctly with the bike and they have a good fitness level they will pass there ET with no issues.

Libby was our 7th dog to get her ET in the last 3 years, with thankfully no fails along the way!!

Good luck to all those still to go. Hardest part for me was dealing with the bottom end pain while riding!!! :laugh:

Just took my paperwork over to Kcc park & paid $15.50, now we have to wait till the end of the month before they process it :(

They only proccess titles earned at the end of each month, it would be great if we can get CCD over the queens b/day weekend, being entered in 3 trials :D not sitting on high hopes though,

Racellebuck, your little girl did NOT show any dog aggression at all that is good :D :D

Rotties are massive big sooks, we have a 81/2 yr old one, :laugh:

Did a training run with my Border Collie last night. We did 8kms together, but given we've never done any distance running together, we stopped at the 2km and 5km mark. She wasn't really interested in stopping at all! We got back home and I let her wander around, and I sprinted up the street and she bounded after me like it was nobodies business. I think she'll be fine :p

Did a training run with my Border Collie last night. We did 8kms together, but given we've never done any distance running together, we stopped at the 2km and 5km mark. She wasn't really interested in stopping at all! We got back home and I let her wander around, and I sprinted up the street and she bounded after me like it was nobodies business. I think she'll be fine :p

Sounds like she is rearing to go but you are not :rofl:

Good luck to every one in W.A doing their trials :D

Less than two weeks

Kinda nervous and excited all at once!!

Was biking this evening - it was freezing! - and passed OH on the track tootling off on the tractor to do something. He asked why the dog wasn't puffing, but I was, then told me if I listened to St Elmo's fire through head phones it might help!!!! Thanks helpful OH!! hahahah I didn't think I was quite that bad, I had just gone up a hill!