Endurance Test 2011 Thread

Even though we have done our ET last month & passed, I have still kept up the bike riding, weather permitting :eek: Orlando dose not care he loves it :laugh:

You will be all set for next year's ET season then! Or even another ET in September in Canberra!

M

We will be set for next year with our Mailka, training for her has been set back for this month, she is in season :(

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done to everyone that has passed, and hello to new posters :D

OUr last training session was on the Wednesday, I was going to do a short one on Thursday but was busy packing the car and it was very windy and raining, so gave it a miss. Travelled all Friday, was worried he might get a bit stiff from that, but came out on Saturday firing. He is fully recovered and when I wheeled the bike to move it, jumped into the training position. I, however am just getting their as I have had some issues with magnesium deficiency so I am only starting to get some energy back.

I am sensing a lot of jitters about the ET coming up at Altona. Remember to relax and have fun at the test.

Thanks for the luck, looking forward to meeting you on Saturday

I definitely have jitters, I left training until the last minute and my dog is 7.5 years old (and a former couch potato!!) She's done very well with her training though and I'm confident she'll pass the ET. She does get worried about strange dogs, after having been involved in a couple of fights, but we'll allow plenty of time for her to settle on Saturday and realise no one is there to get her. I think Friday might be a sleepless night for me but I'm very much looking forward to adding those magic letters to the end of her name after Saturday :D

GOOD LUCK everyone for Sat we are looking forward to meeting you all, we should do a DOL photo of us. Done 20km's myself today left Hami at home just wanted to be sure l was fit enough :D . We are heading off tomorrow lunch time for our Motel it's just too long of a drive to do Sat morning then 20m's on the bike then back home.

Guest CaptainCourageous

At Cherry Lake the piles of dirt at the western end have been moved so that you can go straight to the pedestrian gate. It was a very muddy surface.

Yesterday was the last practice session for us.

CC

GOOD LUCK everyone for Sat we are looking forward to meeting you all, we should do a DOL photo of us. Done 20km's myself today left Hami at home just wanted to be sure l was fit enough :D . We are heading off tomorrow lunch time for our Motel it's just too long of a drive to do Sat morning then 20m's on the bike then back home.

Please do bring a camera. We do need a group photo, and individual ones with your title sashes too!

Anyone got a camera that can do this?

M

The GSDCV ET at Altona has 24 entrants. To avoid a ballot, the club chose to appoint a second judge so no-one would miss out. I think that this was a great move by the club.

They have appointed Mr Gordon parsons to take a second group through the test.

Good luck everyone entered. Rest your dogs tomorrow and see you bright and early Saturday.

M

Good luck and have fun tomorrow guys. We still have 2 weeks to wait for ours. Got the KMart special serviced today, so will take it as a back up bike - got the good one serviced Tuesday. Took the dogs for a ride today - a bit over 5 km with both, then put the 9 year old back in the car, and did another 8 with Rory - mostly bitumen/concrete, but included some grass (waterlogged grass is such hard going) and muddy gravel - alsso hard going - squally wind made for harder work too, so we all feel we've worked :laugh: .

Now need to take them to do some tracking and Track & Search training - got to make the most of a day off. :)

Its now 11:48am and I haven't heard how they all went at Altona.

I really hope everyone passed.

CC was telling me that there was one spot along the track that Jess stops at every now & then for no reason, I hope she

didn't do that this morning.

I have made a plain cheesecake to either celebrate CC's win or to drown his sorrows in.

BB

I have heard from Captain Courageous and he & Jes are now on the way home.

So I guess everyone else is packing up too?

Was a nice sunny morning here so I hope they all had a good day and not too many Joe Public with Fido distracting them.

BB

We completed the ET today at Altona and passed woooo hoooo!!!!!!!

Even with a stack we made it to the end!

I really felt for the lady with the stumpy who was attacked by an off lead dog near the end of the course, mrs public did nothing to intervene and when given a mouthful had the audasdity to say her dog was fine!!! Apart from that incident, was a good day!!!!!

Guest CaptainCourageous

Thankyou GSDCV for putting on a great event. Congrats to all those who got through, and here's hoping the two who missed out can succeed down the track.

Jessica did very well and we're very proud of her. I'm guessing she's now the third Australian schipperke with an ET. I still have no idea what happened to the dog biscuits I was supposed to give her at the end :)

I took a tumble on a sharp right (gravel) and have a grazed right palm and right knee, but that's of little concern compared to Jessica's achievement.

Now on to amend the text of several entry forms!

CC

:champagne:

Whhooaaa HHHHoooa to everybody to took part at Altona & a big Congrates to you all :cheers::cheer:

I hope the person & the dog that was attacked are ok, I hope it was one of the Judges who gave mrs joe public the mouthfull :dropjaw: