Litter Registration

Cometbreeze

Hi we have a litter of 6 puppies and they now are 2 weeks and going great guns :love: , My breeder has been around today to fill in registration paperwork and said to me when i asked does she

a, make her names up and register litter now and then transfer in new owner names upon sale of pup or

b, Wait untill all pups have gone and fill in the names with new owners chosen names and send off

She said she has done both so i was unclear when thinking about it more later

a sounds like some revenue raising and b is probebly prefered for me but was wondering what most people do as this is our first litter, have done some searching DOL but cant find a specific thread especialy for us over here in Western Australia

Thanx

I registered the litter in my name and then gave the paper work to the new owners with transfer signed on the back.

Didn't think I could do it any other way as there isn't room for various details on the paperwork?? Also as breeder I thought new owners needed to see that pups were in fact legitimately registered??

In the UK we have to follow (a) but that is the way I would choose to do it anyway, that way the pup leaves with the paperwork and the new owners know they have a registered puppy and not just a promise. I also like to have a theme for a litter, so I choose the names, the new owners can still choose the pet name.

In NSW a breeder has to register their puppies in their own name and sign the back of the pedigrees to transfer ownership when the puppy goes home. I usually allow the owners to name them though. Very few limited register owners ever transfer the registration over to their names - its an expense which isnt needed unless you want to do agility etc.

In NSW a breeder has to register their puppies in their own name and sign the back of the pedigrees to transfer ownership when the puppy goes home. I usually allow the owners to name them though. Very few limited register owners ever transfer the registration over to their names - its an expense which isnt needed unless you want to do agility etc.

As above for VIC.

IN QLD you can register the puppies straight into the owners name.

I usually have a theme so choose the names. Most owners haven't got a clue when it comes to choosing registered names so I usually don't allow that option. I think Qld is the only state that allows the puppies to registered into the new owners name. The others require the breeder to register the litter and give the signed papers to the buyer so they have the option of transfering them, at their expense if they wish to.

There is more room for unscupulous breeders to rip people off if the litter isn't registered before they go. I prefer that buyers get their papers at the time they collect the puppy so there can be no doubt that they have a registered puppy. Registering them after they are sold also brings up the problem of only having part of the litter sold. Buyers shouldn't have to wait for papers until you sell the entire litter and if they are going to be showing they need the papers by the time the puppy is 8 weeks to get them entered in shows at 3 months.

Thanx Guys for that! I have thought of a theme, as i am a keen windsurfer ( when no pups around :) ) i have used some production equipment brands for names,

Hence our Prefix aswell Comet Breeze

Comet Breeze Starboard

" Fanatic

" Naish

" Gaastra

" Taboo

" Dakine

" Flying Objects

And another thing i just realised that the transfer document was on the back of regitration papers :o after looking on Dogs West website for the life of me i couldnt find any transfer papers, so the penny dropped :p

So Ill get those sent off and be able to sell pups with the signed transfer section of the Registration papers, as they all will be on Limited Register anyway i doubt that anyone would want to change the name anyway unless like Steve mentioned for agility so im not sure what we do here in the West in that instance.

Also i have a red and white pied boy, what do i put on the registration papers for colour as on the ANKC Allowable breed colour listing PIED is not listed?

Edited by Cometbreeze

In Vic as stated you have to register the pups in your name and the new owner transfer, BUT, they have to join DogsVic to do this so of course they did not.

However when I did my litter of February last year, for $30 you can put them into the new owners name on a companion list and that membership can be continued if they wish, at a cheaper rate than full member.

Thanx Guys for that! I have thought of a theme, as i am a keen windsurfer ( when no pups around :rofl: ) i have used some production equipment brands for names,

Hence our Prefix aswell Comet Breeze

Comet Breeze Starboard

" Fanatic

" Naish

" Gaastra

" Taboo

" Dakine

" Flying Objects

And another thing i just realised that the transfer document was on the back of regitration papers :cheer: after looking on Dogs West website for the life of me i couldnt find any transfer papers, so the penny dropped :D

So Ill get those sent off and be able to sell pups with the signed transfer section of the Registration papers, as they all will be on Limited Register anyway i doubt that anyone would want to change the name anyway unless like Steve mentioned for agility so im not sure what we do here in the West in that instance.

Also i have a red and white pied boy, what do i put on the registration papers for colour as on the ANKC Allowable breed colour listing PIED is not listed?

You can limit register any colour. It is only the main register that is restricted to the listed colours.

With Staffs people register the pieds as "white, red"; "white, brindle" etc. Stooopid but true :o

With Staffs people register the pieds as "white, red"; "white, brindle" etc. Stooopid but true :D

Well that is silly isnt it :thumbsup:

but oh well Thanx all :(

I am in Queensland as well. I will normally attach a theme to my litters as well.

I generally ask the people for suggestions based on my theme and am happy for their input. Some come up with really good names based on the theme so am happy to go for it, or I will just attach a pedigree name myself.

It is quite common here for breeders to wait until all the puppies are "sold" and have owner's names before sending off the paperwork. Saves double handling (and fees) as we can register straight into the new owner's name. Sometimes if you are chasing the litter to be registered before all puppies have a name, then yes, they will be registered in the breeder's name then transferred to the new owner when one is found.

In NSW a breeder has to register their puppies in their own name and sign the back of the pedigrees to transfer ownership when the puppy goes home.

I am in NSW as well and do the same

& the same in Victoria. If a buyer has a name they particularly like I will try to include it in the registered name.