Dol Is So Educational

This afternoon I decided to go up to the service station to get some pastries (yes they do sell them fresh :D ) and was just about to pull in, but changed my mind and decided to go to Woollies instead. So glad I did.

Running along Pennant Hills Road (for non Sydneysiders, this is a very busy 6 lane highway leading to the main northern freeway) was gorgeous largish Staffy cross girl. Oh no! Sinking heart.

I whipped around the next corner hoping that she'd follow the footpath, which thankfully she did. Remembering what a DOLer had done with successful result, I pushed open my pax side door, but couldn't see her. So I went to get out, but looked back and there she was at the door - LOL. I patted the seat and told her to hop in which she did with great alacrity hopped into the back, into the boot area, hopped back and came back to the front to have cuddles :laugh::rofl: . She obviously has taken no notice of any advice about hopping into cars with strangers.

Luckily, her lovely pink leather collar was etched with her name and phone number. As the number wasn't answering, I took her down to Hornsby Vets where she will stay (the are a holding vet for the Hornsby impounding facility) until owner can be contacted.

(I still went to Woollies - once I have my heart set on Danish, there is no denying it.)

Good on you for being a good Samaritan. At least you drove her to a vet near by. I used to live opposite the Pennant Hills pub and one day during a storm our fence fell down and my Shepherd x got out, he was microchipped but had no collar on and someone picked him up and took him to Fairfield :laugh: Thank goodness for microchips as I never would have looked that far away.

That was a brilliant bit of good dognapping.

And good owners for supplying contact details on the collar. Now...if only they'll pick up the phone. I hope they shower you with Danishes as a reward. :laugh:

This afternoon I decided to go up to the service station to get some pastries (yes they do sell them fresh :love: ) and was just about to pull in, but changed my mind and decided to go to Woollies instead. So glad I did.

Running along Pennant Hills Road (for non Sydneysiders, this is a very busy 6 lane highway leading to the main northern freeway) was gorgeous largish Staffy cross girl. Oh no! Sinking heart.

I whipped around the next corner hoping that she'd follow the footpath, which thankfully she did. Remembering what a DOLer had done with successful result, I pushed open my pax side door, but couldn't see her. So I went to get out, but looked back and there she was at the door - LOL. I patted the seat and told her to hop in which she did with great alacrity hopped into the back, into the boot area, hopped back and came back to the front to have cuddles :wave::love: . She obviously has taken no notice of any advice about hopping into cars with strangers.

Luckily, her lovely pink leather collar was etched with her name and phone number. As the number wasn't answering, I took her down to Hornsby Vets where she will stay (the are a holding vet for the Hornsby impounding facility) until owner can be contacted.

(I still went to Woollies - once I have my heart set on Danish, there is no denying it.)

Love your work MM , lucky little dog to have some one who cared and knew what to do . :D Well done .

years ago my father found a cocker spaniel running around on Chapple rd Bankstown,he called it off the road and similarly it had a collar and phone number which he rang all day but no answer.As it was a local number to me where we had just built he decided to bring it home and keep ringing and he finally got an answer and it turned out it was from our street 10 houses down. It turns out their mother was minding the dog while they were working and it escaped her yard,one way to meet your neighbours,

:wave:

I got greeted on the front verandah at work as I rocked up for my shift, by a Staffyx girl who had got out of her yard and went on an adventure. She was the funniest thing. I work at a vet clinic and here she is just about busting the door down because she wants IN. :love:

She zipped around said hello, got heaps of pats and a fuss on.

And thankyou thankyou THANKYOU to great owner who had up to date microchip details, including his Mum as his secondary contact number. Cos he was on hols and out of range, and Mum was the babysitter. So a few hours later our Smiley Staffy Girl was back home after her day at the Vet Clinic.

:wave:

I got greeted on the front verandah at work as I rocked up for my shift, by a Staffyx girl who had got out of her yard and went on an adventure. She was the funniest thing. I work at a vet clinic and here she is just about busting the door down because she wants IN. :love:

She zipped around said hello, got heaps of pats and a fuss on.

I can just imagine it. :love: :D ;)

Well, I haven't heard from the women whose phone number was on Coco's collar. I hope the vet hospital has been able to get hold of her.

Hornsby Council sends their lost dogs to Sydney Dogs and Cats Home these days.

Ive done the same thing with a greyhound x (pigging dog) and a working dog, both times they were oh so happy to jump in the car lol

If it hadn't been for the account on DOL, I just would have set off trying to call her to me which, as anyone who has done that, can be unsuccessful.

I've just remembered another time when I was on the trail of two staffies, the little squat heavily built ones. Well, I eventually lured one to me and into the car and the other one followed. They "settled" themselves in the back seat of my car and proceeded to have a little love fest. Gods know what anyone behind me would have thought .... the car was rocking :wave::love::love:

Good work MM! :shrug:

Pennant Hill Rd...... :birthday: :birthday: :D

As you haven't heard from the owner...they could be away on holidays and someone is going in to feed the dog on a daily basis perhaps?

A lonely Staffy can be an escapologist...being the needy creatures they are. :(:birthday:

I found two lost dogs late one afternoon a few years ago and kept ringing the phone number on the collar. It turned out the owner was in the UK and someone was minding them. They rang the pound next morning and retrieved the dogs.

Good work MM! :shrug:

Pennant Hill Rd...... :birthday: :birthday: :D

As you haven't heard from the owner...they could be away on holidays and someone is going in to feed the dog on a daily basis perhaps?

A lonely Staffy can be an escapologist...being the needy creatures they are. :(:birthday:

I found two lost dogs late one afternoon a few years ago and kept ringing the phone number on the collar. It turned out the owner was in the UK and someone was minding them. They rang the pound next morning and retrieved the dogs.

Yes, I wondered about that. Although I listened a couple of times, I just couldn't understand the name given in the answering machine message, otherwise I would have checked white pages.

I'll ring the vets later to see if they have had any luck.