Flood Relief Fund Appeals/donations

poodlefan

The Qld (and now NSW) floods will clearly rival or surpass the Victorian bushfires in terms of natural disaster and impact on communities. I think the scale of this disaster can only be described as biblical. :laugh:

I'd like to donate but prefer to target my funds/goods towards pets and pet owners (specifically dogs)

If people know of relief efforts that require dog stuff or that will target dog owners can they post info on them here. I'm hoping Dogs Qld do as Dogs VIC did and collect and provide information on members affected but if they are also underwater that will be pretty difficult.

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied from Sway's thread:

From the CCCQ website

They have an account set up with the Commonwealth Bank

Name -

BSB - 064 000

Account No - 11832323

A virtual dog show (similar to the one held in Victoria after the bushfires) will be held check the CCCQ website in a couple of days to see how you can assist.

ETA http://www.cccq.org.au/News.aspx?id=272

DogsQld have given a bank account for donations. I have put up a thread in general about it with bank a/c details.

Some DogsQld members are in a bad way\ with houses washed away, and others are helping them where possible. I think the DogsQld office might be having a few problems too, so if no one answers the phone, they are probably too busy with their water wings, try again later!!

Can someone let me know which of the charities will help 'all dogs' rather than just purebreeds? I suspect that a lot of the dogs on rural properties might be crossbreeds and in any case, as an owner of one purebred and one crossbreed I'd want to save both of mine :laugh:

I have friends overseas that also wish to donate, is a pay pal account likey to be set up? or it is already can someone please share the details

~ Thinking of everyone & their animals in Queensland ~

Can someone let me know which of the charities will help 'all dogs' rather than just purebreeds? I suspect that a lot of the dogs on rural properties might be crossbreeds and in any case, as an owner of one purebred and one crossbreed I'd want to save both of mine :(

Don't PACERS help all dogs? :laugh:

Can someone let me know which of the charities will help 'all dogs' rather than just purebreeds? I suspect that a lot of the dogs on rural properties might be crossbreeds and in any case, as an owner of one purebred and one crossbreed I'd want to save both of mine :D

i have seen posts where pacers helps ALL animals regardless of parentage :(

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

Can someone let me know which of the charities will help 'all dogs' rather than just purebreeds? I suspect that a lot of the dogs on rural properties might be crossbreeds and in any case, as an owner of one purebred and one crossbreed I'd want to save both of mine :D

i have seen posts where pacers helps ALL animals regardless of parentage :(

I thought so, just checking.

from the pacers web site:

Our Mission

The singular mission of the MDBA Pacers is to prevent cruelty and neglect to domestic animals by saving domestic animals during disasters and hardship with our rescue, counseling, support, educational and recovery services.

Thanks for the info! Just wanted to double-check before I donated because from memory one of the donation links was for purebreds only (totally understandable given the forum) but I would prefer my donation to help dogs in need generally etc.

Dogs Qld will assist members only. Some will own associates but the majority will own purebreds.

Can someone let me know which of the charities will help 'all dogs' rather than just purebreeds? I suspect that a lot of the dogs on rural properties might be crossbreeds and in any case, as an owner of one purebred and one crossbreed I'd want to save both of mine :laugh:

Pacers make no distinction between one dog or another. http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=213072

Donations over $2 are Tax deductible for Pacers

Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer on the website, so I'll ask the question some of us want to know here instead.

I just made an internet transfer donation to Pacers, how do we prove the donation for the tax man? At the end of the day, I just want the money to help some soggy doggies or other animals, but it might encourage more donations if we knew.

Thinking of you all up there :hug: