Can A Male Dog Wear Purple Collars?

Bubitty

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell in the heat I made Bandit wear a PINK coolvest - he didn't care, he was cool so that was the main thing (He has red now, Jett got her pink one back :thumbsup: )

Purple is an awesome colour for dogs or bitches.

I must say i sometimes secretly wish my male dog was a girl because he suits so many girly colours with contrast well with black.

The other day i took him out wearing a wide band hot pink collar with clear diamontes and leather lead as it was all i had in my car people didn't know the difference and even said what a pretty girl :thumbsup::thumbsup:

if it makes you boy dog feel any better i sometimes put blue training collars on my girl dog too.

They don't care and people don't know the difference, they call my girl a boy and my boy a girl, and I"m not one of those people who correct people if they get the wrong gender as its just a dog.

if it pretty and good quality why not i say

Purple looks brilliant an my dogs.

They have purple collars, harnesses, leads and braces.

But the ultimate 'ensemble' is their purple and yellow sets.

We took purple and yellow for our kennel colours a long time before Melbourne storm was even thought of. (but that really knuckles my granny) :thumbsup:

I ran into Jencol at obedience training one day, she had a baby puppy smoothie with her, lovely little sable thing with the most gorgoeus long legs. I oohed and aaahed and said what a lovely little girl she was and what's her name....blah, blah, blah.....hahah Jenny goes "he's a boy!" I told her she shouldn't dress him in girls clothes then. He was wearing a pink fabric collar and a matching lead.

Bub, those collars look a bit girly to me, if you're gonna dress him in purple, make it a deep rich purple, maybe with black trim. Not that pretty, girly mauve/lilac....let him be a man.

I would not dress Benson in them (not that you'd see them but still, it would be like a man wearing frilly knickers!)

Purple is Elvis' colour, thats all i will buy for him :thumbsup:. None of the other dogs are allowed to wear purple, except Clover has a small amount of purple of her Rogz Gecko collar.

Elvie says 'boy's rock the colour purple' :thumbsup:.......

post-2703-1296216775_thumb.jpg

Bub, HERE is the Tuff Lock range I was telling you about. I have the mutlicoloured hearts collars and leads for my boys, we get loads of compliments on them, I think because they go so well with both my light Goldie and also the dark one :thumbsup:

Edited by Golden Rules

So many purple lovers out there!

Well I have decided maybe a dark purple or a nice shade of some sort of green. Now I just need to find something I like!

Bitty's collars came in today and they are so pretty! I am such a sucker for flowers and pretty pinky colours! Its just boring to try and dress Bubby!!!! I am always headed towards flowery stuff!

ETA: Becks OH is a fan of brown on the goldens too.

http://waggle.com.au/up-country-b17/urban-...og-collars-p244

Lush Paisley looks fantastic on Bitty!

Edited by Bub

Bub, HERE is the Tuff Lock range I was telling you about. I have the mutlicoloured hearts collars and leads for my boys, we get loads of compliments on them, I think because they go so well with both my light Goldie and also the dark one :thumbsup:

Oh and Bub, I think you should get the Drama Queen one for yourself! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You know the FIRST colour I gravitated to was Sunny Pastels!!!!

Hmm Envious Hearts and Peace Palz could work on him..................................

What site did you buy them at again C?

He could wear purple, but I personally think a lovely dark green looks fantastic on a Golden.

When Lewis arrived he was wearing a purple collar. It lasted all of 15 minutes before the OH had removed it. He said it looked poofy. To be quite honest Lewis is the sookiest, most mummies girls blouse ever - but I still don't dress him in purple. There are so many other colours that would suit a golden, even a lovely rich burgundy.

Love that one!! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You know the FIRST colour I gravitated to was Sunny Pastels!!!!

Hmm Envious Hearts and Peace Palz could work on him..................................

What site did you buy them at again C?

Oh no, there's no hope for you :D Sunny Pastels will NOT do for Bubby :thumbsup:

Let me go search for where I got my Tuff Locks ...... brb