My First Puppy - Tv Show

Guest bigdogg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that got me was they were making out that the "blue staffy" was a breed not a colour in the breed, that just sent sirens off in my head that now the puppy farms will be rubbing their hands together as the latest new accesorie

I couldn't watch it...as soon as the 7pm Project finished I turned over....I'm glad I did now.

I did catch a bit of Bondi Vet the other night though....where he was trawling the streets of Bondi on foot looking for the owner of a lost rabbit....riiiiight....cos all vets do that!!! :thumbsup:

the worst thing about it was the omission of the crate training. A bit difficult raising a pup without a crate and not expecting the pup to chew everything and piss everywhere especially with no outdoor area for the dog. I thought the mother and the two kids were way out of their depth with the GSD, poor old cat as well.

One of Charlie's dogs is a scottish terrier X, not a westie I believe

Edited by ncarter

I had more of a problem with the owners:

The purchase of a staffy for an apartment couple as a PRESENT and watching it rule the roost and end up in bed.

Knew first up the owner of the mutt would be odd as she put makeup on and wondered because she left the pup alone, if others would consider her a 'bad mother'

The mother with the GSD who clearly bit off more than she could chew....had no issues with the airhorn, but it was her "I can't listen to that more than one meal" attitude made me choke..had she not let the dog begin the behaviour (thanks to her kids) in the first place, she wouldn't need to listen to that now would she?

I am consistantly amazed by the lack of non crate training advice, be it on shows like this or many threads on this forum. Toss the pup outside, or lock it in a laundry room, seem to be the advice often given.

I wondered about the black westie too, but in the age of cavoodles, doodles and puggles....you just never know!

I wonder if he actually does any vet work these days, or is he too busy attempting to be an untrained dog behavoirist instead, rolling in the bucks :)

I really can't see how he can defend himself this time, it was awful, and that petshop got a huge plug!

I reckon the staffy will be a nighmare, that aggro already at that age :o

it was true crap from beginning to end,

That sums it up.

Hey lets all stand around while a puppy wees on the carpet and giggle - gee I hope that wasnt a rental! And the fluffy mongrel looked like it was on valium. My OH has changed Chris Brown's name from Baywatch Vet to Roger Ramvet.

I watched the show, it was what I expected. After reading all your responses, I don't think that even if he did anything right you'd admit to it, your a tough audience. But guess what, channel ten could not care whether you were liking it or not just so long as you watched it so the joke was on you. basically I thought the show was pointing out few of the things to expect if you a dog, like having it rip your apartment to pieces, it was a one hour show with 3 stories of course it was just going to skim over it. Hands up who likes Bondi rescue, well if you have any idea about the ocean and surf rescue you would know that it is just the same as Bondi vet, it skims over some things and sensationalizes others, it's light entertainment. One person said they turned it over as soon as 7 pm Project finish, what's that "news latte" news for yuppies who find factual informative news boring who need a simple show to keep them informed of a few things(but not to many) that are happening in this world. Take note that Bondi vet piggy backs this show as it is targeting the same audience.It's called light entertainment folks, you realize when on the promo they poke the button and say "seriously" there just poking fun at you for being stupid enough to watch there channe :) l

So what are you doing here Mervin, you obviously don't take dog ownership very seriously, or is school not back yet :)

Perhaps a trip to the pound and watching the dogs being given the green dream will make you wake up to how bad misinformation can be,( holds my tongue, as not worth the warning).

So what are you doing here Mervin, you obviously don't take dog ownership very seriously, or is school not back yet :)

Perhaps a trip to the pound and watching the dogs being given the green dream will make you wake up to how bad misinformation can be,( holds my tongue, as not worth the warning).

My dogs a rescue dog, I have never had any other, I was just pointing out that if you watch a commercial channel what can you expect, it is tailored to the city centred brain dead culture.

My dogs a rescue dog, I have never had any other, I was just pointing out that if you watch a commercial channel what can you expect, it is tailored to the city centred brain dead culture.

Unfortunately the "brain dead culture people" have to then be re educated as to the real facts behind dog ownership.

The fact that this tosser and the TV channel air this crap is simply because they have nothing better to do than portray dog ownership and owners as belonging to the barbie world instead of the real world.

It is TV programmes like this which bring down creditable breeders and owners. People can watch the programme if they want to. Or like me they choose not to cause I dont wish to watch a "Ken" doll in a barbie world.

But going by peoples reactions to the show, it was, as expected.

I watched the show, it was what I expected. After reading all your responses, I don't think that even if he did anything right you'd admit to it, your a tough audience. But guess what, channel ten could not care whether you were liking it or not just so long as you watched it so the joke was on you. basically I thought the show was pointing out few of the things to expect if you a dog, like having it rip your apartment to pieces, it was a one hour show with 3 stories of course it was just going to skim over it. Hands up who likes Bondi rescue, well if you have any idea about the ocean and surf rescue you would know that it is just the same as Bondi vet, it skims over some things and sensationalizes others, it's light entertainment. One person said they turned it over as soon as 7 pm Project finish, what's that "news latte" news for yuppies who find factual informative news boring who need a simple show to keep them informed of a few things(but not to many) that are happening in this world. Take note that Bondi vet piggy backs this show as it is targeting the same audience.It's called light entertainment folks, you realize when on the promo they poke the button and say "seriously" there just poking fun at you for being stupid enough to watch there channe :) l

It was just something to watch while I ate dinner actually, but you made me giggle....I like angry little people....they make these threads even funnier :o ;)

Obviously you watch it too, or you wouldn't know so much about the channel!! Bwahahahahah....come sit with me & watch more channel 10...you know you want to !!!! ;)

Edited by Willow

The thing that got me was they were making out that the "blue staffy" was a breed not a colour in the breed, that just sent sirens off in my head that now the puppy farms will be rubbing their hands together as the latest new accesorie

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I wish this show would get a real behaviourist in to assist Chris - he can be the vet and do vet things. Surely they can find a good looking behaviourist to complement Chris!! This show does worry me as so much of what he said is incorrect and yes we "doggy" people can choose to turn it off, but just how many dog ignorant people would watch this and treat it like a "bible". This show if done correctly, could be a wonderful tool in educating people and it would still be enjoyable to watch. People want to watch shows about animals, so why not make it an educational tool as well. It is such a wasted opportunity to educate people in my opinion.

Watching it now *twitch*

I can't believe they don't mention crate training, Quinn is the first puppy I've trained with one and that and puppy preschool are 2 of the single most important things I did with her I feel.

We've always had puppies but it didn't occur to me how much incredibly hard work they can be, Mum had always done most of the toilet training, the excercise, early training etc etc. Quinn surprised me with how effort she took honestly, she was more energetic than any puppy I've ever met and I would have done it all again to have her but I think a lot of people might not be prepared for it, my first 3 or 4 weeks felt sleepless, into bed late, out at 5 then play for an hour or two, then breakfast, then toilet break then I could start my day.

I remember one morning MUm walked into the laundry at 5am to find me cleaning up a poo in the middle of the floor, I just looked at her and her exact words were "omg you do look like a new mum"

It was more work than even I expected but I did love it and I would do it again.

ETA: Quinn was in the toilet for the first night as I hadn't got her crate yet and Buster hadn't met her yet, the second night I crated her beside my bed and she just screamed and screamed for 2 hours till I threw her in bed with me and Buster and she shut up. She surprisingly only ever had one accident in my bedroom and generally waited till I took her out. These days she prefers to sleep in her crate. She comes up for a snuggle first and then goes and gets in her crate.

Edited by busterlove

It was just something to watch while I ate dinner actually, but you made me giggle....I like angry little people....they make these threads even funnier :o ;)

Obviously you watch it too, or you wouldn't know so much about the channel!! Bwahahahahah....come sit with me & watch more channel 10...you know you want to !!!! :p

I'm not angry, just amused at the way some of the the people(not the majority) take great delight in feeding off each other as the comments and ridicule gets nastier, not surprising to to see this pack mentality though, It is dogsonline ;) ;) :rofl: :rofl: :o:) :) :p :p :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest bigdogg

Well..

NOW - i think its time for all of you passionate people to get together and MAKE A DVD..

All good to sit back behind your computer screen and have a good bitch.. Time to stand up and have a crack at producing a DVD..

The clueless people that got the puppies, well, there are a lot of them members here on DOL.. Same questions are on here week after week.. If there was a DVD - you could send potential buyers the DVD first..

I hope this sparks some interest.. It would be great to see something done.. :)

Ok so you have a rescue dog, thats great. I am trying to figure out whether it is a kelpie x or a bull terrier/whippet x??????

As you will find with your time on DOL many people will have different opinions. Many, many opinions are backed up with actual real life stories.

Funny that