Introducing The Newest Member

Gayle.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very gorgeous!!!

I have to ask though, one of her eyes looks a little squinty, is she ok?

I thought she had one brown eye and one blue eye but it appears her dark eye has a really large pupil, like it's permanently dilated. It seems to be sensitive to light because she squints when we;re outside but she's fine inside.

It doesn't hamper her at all though, she's absolutely dynamite with a tennis ball and it doesn't matter how far I throw it, she's right onto it.

I asked the breeder if she had any health issues to be aware of and he said no, so I'll take that as her eye is fine. All up, she seems like a resilient little dog, very sweet natured too.

I was told she's a bit wary of men. She took one look at my husband and turned that myth on it's head, she has fallen in love with him and follows him around like a little lamb. He is installing our new kitchen and every time he turns around. there's Shae, gazing up at him adoringly.

Gayle, she is stunning!! What a gorgeous girl and good on you for giving her a forever home!! :D I can't believe she's 5 years old! She looks like a puppy - must be the haircut :bottom:

She has a really cute little baby face. I think even with a full coat she is going to look puppy-like. And she's so little! I was so surprised when I saw how small she was.

Gayle, Shae is adorable. My partner saw the first photo and also thought she was a puppy. She is beautiful though. I'm glad she's found a forever home with you and the others.

But wow.. when did Isaak get so big?

Gayle, Shae is adorable. My partner saw the first photo and also thought she was a puppy. She is beautiful though. I'm glad she's found a forever home with you and the others.

But wow.. when did Isaak get so big?

Hourly. I swear some days I could watch him grow. He is huge now and have this massive coat that makes him look like a yak. Poor Dusty had a coat drop extraordinaire at the start of summer and dropped 10x more coat than she ever owned, so she is bald, Shae's clipped so she's nearly bald, I've stripped out Bensons undercoat for the summer so he's lightweight too.......and it doesn't seem to matter what I do to Isaak, his coat still grows and grows.

awww she's beautiful!!!!

Why was she re-homed so many times?

She looks so sweet and innocent.

Her first owners said all the right words, the breeder thought she was going to a suitable home and they got her as an 8 week old puppy. The novelty apparently wore off and this bright, intelligent, sociable little dog was left neglected in their backyard. She proceeded to try and attract attention by barking, whining, digging, destroying and at 18 months they took up the breeders offer of taking her back no questions asked as she was out of control.

The breeder took her to the vet to be assessed as her behaviour was apparently beyond anything he thought was re-homeable and the vet nurse fell in love with her and asked if she could have her, she thought her husband (an animal behaviourist) could get her under control.

The breeder signed her over and that was that.

Four years later, the vet nurse contacted the breeder asking if they knew of a suitable home for the dog as they were moving overseas and couldn't take her with them. The breeder advertised on their behalf but by the time the owners were due to fly out, a new home hadn't been found so she went back to the breeder. That was the same day I emailed them, so they basically kept her for a few days to make sure she was suitable to be rehomed (no aggression, gets along with other dogs etc) then offered her to me. They said they had lots of enquiries about her but they wanted her to come here because we have other Aussies and know the breed and they felt she had the best chance of a good life here.

Her behaviour is exemplary, she displays all the right submissive body language, she walks beautifully on a lead, she doesn't appear to have a barking problem and she's a lovely calm dog. The second owners obviously did the right things by her and trained her to be a nice dog, but I can't believe they wouldn't go the extra mile for this little girl and take her overseas with them. Anyway, their loss, my gain.

How sad for Shae to have her owners after all that time just up and leave her. Glad she is with you Gayle you will make up for it. I could never imagine having to give up one of mine for any reason ever!!

Edited by tlc