Goodbye My Beautiful Maggie Girl

Magstar

Rest in peace my precious girl. I love you more than anything and I will miss you every day. You were my heart dog. You were a part of me and now that you are gone I feel that part of me missing. You were the perfect dog. The most amazing, intelligent dog I have ever known. You stole the heart of everyone who met you. You amazed people with your intelligence and personality. You converted my cat friends to love dogs too. You were definately one of a kind. You made my life so wonderful. It hurts bad to not have you with me anymore, but I want you to know that I am grateful for every single day that you shared with me. I know I will never love another dog as much as I loved you. Goodbye my angel. Now you can chase frisbees in the sky as much as you like.

Maggie was almost 12 years old. We had to give her her wings last week as she became sick quite suddenly with a cancer type thing. I am really struggling with the grief. She made my world complete and now she is gone.

I got Maggie when I was 14 years old. My parents had just agreed that I was responsible enough to raise my own puppy. We had been looking around but hadn't found any suitable pups in pounds or at the RSPCA (my parents thought purebred dogs were too expensive). Out of the blue we got a phone call fom a lady that we hardly knew saying that she had found 2 puppies dumped in the bush near her place. We went to have a look and fell in love immediately. The vet thought she was appoximately 6 weeks old and probably had border collie in her. She grew up to look nothing like a border though! She also had a case of sarcoptic mange from being left in the bush where the foxes roam.

She grew into such a magnificent girl. I did obedience with her, but she got bored, and so we started doing agility training together and loved it! I remember every afternoon after school I would train her on the weavepoles until she was perfect. She loved doing anything which involved running or jumping. She was a stubborn girl but if she loved doing something she would give it 100%. She loved making me proud.

She loved everyone she met and everyone loved her. She always had a way of making me laugh. She was a very talkative girl and would tell you off if you asked her to do something stupid, and she always had to have the last say! But she had a smile that melted your heart and a sense of joy that was contagious. She could communicate what she wanted so well and always seemed to understand what we were saying as well. She knew the name of every toy, every family member, every room. She had the most amazing eyes and she would look right into you.

I have so many memories to cherish, and so many moments that make me laugh. I am forever grateful to my parents for giving me the opportunity to have her in my life. I know I definately exceeded their expectations. She will forever be in my heart.

post-33884-1297124260_thumb.jpg post-33884-1297124279_thumb.jpg