Quick Query

muttmate

Not too sure. Good quedtion though. If I give my dogs frozen bones they tend to be lamb necks or roo tails, something with some meat on them so by the time they have slobbered all over it an gnawed at it for a while hopefully the bone part will be defrosted.

:thumbsup: I always defrost mine & give them a soak in warm water, to bring them to room tempereture, only warm water though so as not to change the bone structure to cooked. mine seem to digest warm to room temp food so much better & I always serve it immediatley.

fifi

Hello Muttmate :thumbsup:

In my opinion giving your dog frozen chicken frames is OK. They especially love it on hot days. :D I have never had any problems.

I read a thread on DOL a couple of months ago when there was a heat wave and most doggy people gave their dogs frozen bones and had no problems with this.

Hope this info helps :)

Maria :D

Mine get frozen chicken wings with no problems.... In fact I've seen friends who have had problems with gulpy dogs move to frozen bones with success because they have to chew them more when they are frozen.... Helps teach them to chew properly.....

And, as everyone else has pointed out, my dogs love their "chicksicles" on a hot day!!

Dan

I pay 50 cents for a bag of 4 Frames and or 50 cents a kilo for bones.

The shop is in Dandenong/Noble Park.

Most of the chickens that are processed for the table are very young.

Size 12 chicken is about 5-6 weeks old

Size 18 chicken is about 8 weeks old.

Ashley...

Edited by Ashley