Eagle Pack

Is it back yet? Anyone have any updates???

I am using Artemis but hav 4 week old babies on Artemis large puppy and meat etc, their poops are a bit too soft for my liking and they always do well on Eagle pack large puppy so would love to get some. (they arefine when having mince, Barf Patties just soft when I mix in Artemis)

Is it back yet? Anyone have any updates???

I am using Artemis but hav 4 week old babies on Artemis large puppy and meat etc, their poops are a bit too soft for my liking and they always do well on Eagle pack large puppy so would love to get some. (they arefine when having mince, Barf Patties just soft when I mix in Artemis)

We have given up on them, got sick of being told lies, our guys have just finished the switch to Advance

Cheers Kate

It is still a bit difficult to get but have seen the new packaging (Holistic Select) around a lot in NSW recently. Not bothering to buy it again myself. Really happy with Canidae.

Yep, I switched to Canidae as I was totally fed up with stock not being available. I use the salmon meal Canidae variety and my 3 hounds are doing well on it. Very high in protein, so I would be cautious though if I were feeding large breed youngster!!

Hi,

does anyone know for certain whether Canidae is irradiated when imported into Australia? I know sometime ago they had a disclaimer on their website but it seems to have disappeared. I have emailed them but have had no response.

I have been using Holistic Select with great success on the dog with allergy issues but like everyone else, there are times when this is impossible to get.

Cheers

Hi,

does anyone know for certain whether Canidae is irradiated when imported into Australia? I know sometime ago they had a disclaimer on their website but it seems to have disappeared. I have emailed them but have had no response.

I have been using Holistic Select with great success on the dog with allergy issues but like everyone else, there are times when this is impossible to get.

Cheers

http://www.canidae.com.au/

Its on their front page that its not irradiated.

Hi,

Cheers

We use Eagle Pack Holistic Select Fish for allergy reasons and started looking around for an alternative when stock became unreliable. So far, the Canidae grain free salmon is the only other product that is safe for us (well the dog actually!).

I contacted the WA Canidae distributor and asked him if the grain free salmon was irradiated (after reading about the cat food chaos) and he told me it was not irradiated. He also said that their products are Ethoxyquin, BHA, BHT and melamine free.

This week, I contacted Eagle Pack and asked them about the supply problems. They told me that because they made health claims, an authority (can't remember which one he said) has forced them to substantiate their claims. This process took some time, during which supplies were affected. He said it's all been completed now but the other players (he mentioned Canidae) will also have to undergo the same proof of claim process.

At least we now know why Eagle Pack supplies were unreliable.

Thankyou for the replies.

I had followed a link that I found on the forum to a page which no longer existed. I completely missed the banner on the front page after trying all the links.. doh!

I have 4 dogs requring different types of food but one really does need to stick to the salmon pack although I am tempted to give him a change and try the holistic duck pack for a change.

cheers