Another Bitch Bringing In Season Early?

PomsNZ

I had a bitch here a few weeks ago, and now my bitch has come in, 2 months early.

Nothing to worry bout???

or am i being overparanoid?

she can still ovulate?

she had her last heat in october.

Im hoping for a litter this time, all girls please, and of course all BIS quality.

I had a bitch here a few weeks ago, and now my bitch has come in, 2 months early.

Nothing to worry bout???

she can still ovulate?

Im hoping for a litter this time, all girls please, and of course all BIS quality.

I think having another dog at your property very well could have brought your bitch into season, as I'm going through something similar right now. :D

My house has only two entire bitches. No males, neutered or entire. Recently (2-3weeks ago) we had a tiny little entire male rock up at our house quite lost during the spell of bad weather. He was thoroughly spoilt, washed, dried, fed, played with the girls, slept inside. He marked all over the front and back yards and had an absolute ball being chased around the yards by my two hussies. It was hilarious watching him duck between their legs and confuse the girls. I think he was a little disappointed when his owners picked him up the following afternoon and took him home again.

Just this Saturday morning one of my girls came into season (her 2nd ever) and this afternoon my other girl followed. Both were late to come in, but i do wonder if our little visitor helped bring my girls in since they were running so late with their seasons. They were due jan 1st.

If she has a true season for the full length of time I'm pretty confident she will ovulate and can be successfully mated. I would be prog testing her though so to not miss the day.

The things our dogs put us through... :champagne:

Yep, will be a normal season, normal ovulation blah blah.

However, if girls are wanted, down on the knees, eyes on the universe, you know what happens then :laugh:

But the good news is, my private research shows (over more years than I will admit) that young bitches generally tend to have girls, older bitches tend to have boys/ True story, if you want a bitch pup, think about keeping one from an early litter.

Same thing is scientifically proven with kangaroos. Not with dogs, you have to trust me (but your cheque's in the mail!!)

My younger bitch would always come into season when my older bitch did, however she would never have a true cycle. She would "rush" through her cycle to catch up to the head bitch. She was a bitch though that wanted to be the head bitch.

I ended up desexing my older bitch as I was no longer breeding from her and my younger bitch had her first "full" cycle after that.

Yep, will be a normal season, normal ovulation blah blah.

However, if girls are wanted, down on the knees, eyes on the universe, you know what happens then :)

But the good news is, my private research shows (over more years than I will admit) that young bitches generally tend to have girls, older bitches tend to have boys/ True story, if you want a bitch pup, think about keeping one from an early litter.

Same thing is scientifically proven with kangaroos. Not with dogs, you have to trust me (but your cheque's in the mail!!)

Oh dear, I'd better not pass these research findings onto a fewl of my girls, they already think they're the most individual and important girls in the world (and, of course they are) but they have also proven to be the exception in that their early litters were predominantly boys, occasionally throwing in a girl to wet my appetite, and their later litters have been predominantly girls. Mind you, I'm quite happy with the trend, but am contributing it to a different sire who tends to throw more girls than boys in each of his litters but one. Hopefully the trend continues as does the quality of puppies in the litter. Fingers crossed.

Nothing to worry bout???

she can still ovulate?

When those hormones start flying anybody is likely to get into the act - early late seasons abound. It would be nice if they organised themselves better and it plays havoc with planning, but them's the breaks.

Well we got a succesful mating last night, after we fooled her into thinking it was our desexed boy she was going to mate with.

She didnt want a bar to do anything with our stud.

But put our desexed boy in front of her and shes almost but raping him herself.

shes always had eyes for him, and althought hes a lovely pet, hes desexed for a reason! lol.

Im hoping she will have at least 2 his time, shes had 2 litters and both times were singletons.

and boys.. i want girls!

So im hoping now shes a bit older shell go the other way than your theory and start pumping out girls, id be happy with 3 in this litter LOL

good luck PomsNZ!!! everything crossed here for you to get your 2 happy healthy BIS girls....

I am amazed to hear that Jed!! younger girls producing girls earlier in their life and older girls producing boys!!! well I got scammed then lol!!! :thanks::laugh:

I have been getting all boy litters, but thankfully got 2 girls just recently!

fingers crossed for girls with my next litter pending any day now - probably jinx me with yet another all boy litter as this is my older girl if you would call her that :laugh:

Edited by Partipaws