Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

Does anyone have the Tamron 90mm f2.8 for macro? ...

Yes, I bought one when we bought the Sony A55s (one each to avoid confrontation). It is great, I had read some reviews of it and looked at quite a few examples of its work. Love it, lives up to its press.

But (there's always a but) I do have a 150mm Sigma macro with a Nikon mount, and if I want to "do" macro I tend to pick up the Nikon rather than the Sony. Nothing against the Tamron, it is a lovely lens.

If I can chase up anything I've done with it I'll add it here - changing computers around, they'll be on an external drive packed "somewhere".

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all awesome! Which Macro lens do you have again? Are you using Manual focus? Also do you have your camera on one shot or continuous, sorry so many questions, just curious about techniques used.

thanks they were with the 100 and auto focus I'm to lazy to do it manually laugh.gif

oh and continous

some more from today

IMG_8538-Copy.jpg

this poor one was stuck in a cobweb ..I let him go as he was such a good model

IMG_8566-Copy.jpg

this isn't very sharp and clear but he was so tiny, but thought would include

IMG_8626-Copy.jpg

Does anyone have the Tamron 90mm f2.8 for macro? ...

Yes, I bought one when we bought the Sony A55s (one each to avoid confrontation). It is great, I had read some reviews of it and looked at quite a few examples of its work. Love it, lives up to its press.

But (there's always a but) I do have a 150mm Sigma macro with a Nikon mount, and if I want to "do" macro I tend to pick up the Nikon rather than the Sony. Nothing against the Tamron, it is a lovely lens.

If I can chase up anything I've done with it I'll add it here - changing computers around, they'll be on an external drive packed "somewhere".

Thanks PossumCorner, that would be great. I am looking at a Sony mount as well.

thank you Snook smile.gif

great shot persephone thumbsup1.gif

now spider one's are( EDIT that word should be AREN"T lol) that good

but when they went out of focus I kept worrying they would move so kept moving camera to check where they were laugh.gif

first time have found this teeny weeny spider in the garden

IMG_9625-Copy.jpg

IMG_9626-Copy.jpg

IMG_9631-Copy.jpg

IMG_9632-Copy.jpg

Edited by Frodo's mum