Macro Photo's

Frodo's mum

All my photos are processed in Lightroom, most are clean edits with a bit of sharpening, contrast, clarity and sometimes noise reduction. The sliders in Lightroom are great, just a slight slide can make all the difference. Occasionally I use a preset but hardly at all with macro stuff.

My spidey shots are cropped as I was not getting to close. :laugh:

I never usually alter colours although I did with one I took yesterday, I'll post it after.

Edited by tlc

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another one I took at the same time as the others. I was very surprised at how the background turned out. (It is scoria rock sprinkled with leaf litter!)

8159827981_5e17c10d7c_z.jpg

041 by Leah 75, on Flickr

Thats lovely, love the background.

EF, which Macro lens did you get? Lots of Macro shooters manual focus by choice. I have to 100mm Macro (canon) and it is both, I use auto unless I am having trouble on the bit I want the focus to be on then I will go manual. Refresh my memory again, which camera did you get?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Nikon make a micro lens that is 50mm I think their shortest micro is 60??

If it is the 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 and your trying to do macro work with it, it won't focus real close. But if it is one of those lenses they are awesome, I had the 50mm 1.8 when I had my Nikon it was my favorite lens.

Can you pop up a link of the lens you have? is it listed HERE

Does anyone have the Tamron 90mm f2.8 for macro? I am currently looking for ideas for Xmas for me. I really want a 70-200 f2.8 but I know that is out of the budget so I started researching macros and found the tamron is quite affordable with good reviews.