Man Run Down By Car Because Of Barking Dogs

MarieC

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/man-run-...0226-1b8xt.html

A Victorian man has serious injuries after a couple deliberately ran into him with their car because of his barking dogs.

The man was sitting outside a supermarket at Hamlyn Heights, in Geelong, with two dogs just before 7pm (AEDT) on Thursday when he got into an argument with a couple who complained about his dogs barking, Victoria Police said.

The couple then got into their silver-coloured Ford sedan and drove at the man and his dogs, hitting them.

The man was thrown over the car's bonnet and landed on the road.

The couple drove off south along Vines Road.

The victim was admitted to Geelong Hospital with serious injuries.

The man in the car is described as being of solid build with a grey beard, wearing a fluorescent yellow and dark blue windcheater.

The woman was wearing glasses and a floral dress.

What absolute morons must these people be :laugh:

I'm not sure that story is correct, it might be, but the way it was described on TV and showed security footage of the woman waddling along was that as he passed her on his way to sit down she said his dogs were dangerous and kept walking. He then went and sat at a bench seat, just out of sight of the camera. The husband of the woman came out and got in his car and also spoke to the man with the dogs. The owner went to talk to him and the driver ran him down. I think they'll catch these two, they have footage of her and she's pretty distinctive, very obese with a lumbering walk. If they're locals to the area they'll be found quickly. I really hope the man is charged with attempted murder.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/articl...46801_news.html

POLICE yesterday swooped on a home and seized a car they allege was used to mow down a man outside a Hamlyn Heights supermarket.

A 51-year-old Norlane man was later arrested after the search warrant was executed on his home at 10.30am where clothing was also confiscated.

The man's defacto partner was also quizzed over the incident but the woman, in her 50s, was released without charge.

It is alleged Mick Djulic, 50, was thrown over the bonnet and landed on the roadway in Vines Rd last Thursday at 6.55pm after the pair allegedly had an argument over dogs.

Police yesterday said the Norlane man would be charged on summons with several offences including conduct endangering life, recklessly causing injury, failing to stop to render assistance and a range of other traffic offences.

The Norlane couple allegedly argued with Mr Djulic, who was walking his two boxer dogs outside the supermarket, after they complained about his dogs barking and that they were dangerous.

Detective Acting Sergeant Anthony Reyntjes said police claim the couple returned to their vehicle and ran the man down. .

Mr Djulic was taken to Geelong Hospital with serious head injuries, pains in his arms, legs, back and knees and grazes over his body.

He was released from hospital on Wednesday and told the Geelong Advertiser yesterday he was still shaken.

"I'm still pretty stiff around the neck and feel a bit off balance. I still have a big lump on the back of my head," Mr Djulic said.

"I still can't get over what happened."

The 51-year-old Norlane man will appear at the Geelong Magistrates' Court at a date to be fixed.

I'm really glad they got this man, I hope he gets jail for this.