White Gums, Vomiting Etc

ludwig09

Hi,

We have just had to leave our one year old mini schnauzer at the vet overnight. We are so worried. Here is what happened.

She followed me outside for about 30 secs. I saw her playing with something at the fence and I immediately got her to follow me inside. I fed both of my dogs and about 5 mins later my girl threw up her entire dinner. I immediately checked her mouth as I thought maybe she had got a toad. Her gums went from very pale pink to white in about 15secs. I took her into the bath tub to wash her mouth out and she immediately lost all bowel control and became lifeless. We took her to the car where she vomited uncontrolably as we drove her to the vet. On arrival they said she was in a very bad way and was suffering shock. I have no idea what would have caused this. They are running blood tests, xrays etc. Has anyone else been through this? We are waiting for the vet to call after 11pm tonight. Im so worried.

Thanks for listening and prayers for our little girl x x

Hi,

We have just had to leave our one year old mini schnauzer at the vet overnight. We are so worried. Here is what happened.

She followed me outside for about 30 secs. I saw her playing with something at the fence and I immediately got her to follow me inside. I fed both of my dogs and about 5 mins later my girl threw up her entire dinner. I immediately checked her mouth as I thought maybe she had got a toad. Her gums went from very pale pink to white in about 15secs. I took her into the bath tub to wash her mouth out and she immediately lost all bowel control and became lifeless. We took her to the car where she vomited uncontrolably as we drove her to the vet. On arrival they said she was in a very bad way and was suffering shock. I have no idea what would have caused this. They are running blood tests, xrays etc. Has anyone else been through this? We are waiting for the vet to call after 11pm tonight. Im so worried.

Just one more thing. Right up until her first vomit she was completey normal

Wonder if it was something like a spider bite.

Thoughts are with you and your girl. I hope the Vets can see her right.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. They did suggest maybe a snake bite but the dogs were inside all day and i was with them in the yard and didnt see anything. Waiting for the call from the vet is killing us. I will let you know how we get on.

Hi,

**Update on our little Inga.

Just heard from the vet and she is no longer in critical condition. In fact they said she is doing surprising well considering. Has even eaten 2 meals (no surprise she loves her food). They ended up treating her for toad toxicity even though they initially did not think that this is what her systems suggested. She is on a drip for today and hopefully we can pick her up tonight.

Thank you to everyone for your warm wishes. Hopefully she will be back goofing about in no time.