Puppies Nails

Depends on the size of the pup I guess, but I've always used those human nail clippers with the little handle that you have to turn around before they work - no idea what they're called! - easy to hold and virtually impossible to hurt the pup if it starts squirming.

I start at this age with a small manicure grinder.

You used to get them in the $2 stores and they run on batteries

That is a great idea. :( I am hesitant with the nail clippers, as there are still so little. I tried with a nail file and it was not very succesful.

I start at this age with a small manicure grinder.

You used to get them in the $2 stores and they run on batteries

That is a great idea. :rofl: I am hesitant with the nail clippers, as there are still so little. I tried with a nail file and it was not very succesful.

Get yourself a emry board suitable to file acrylic nails, they are not bad.

I know of others who swear by the dremmel or grinding. From what I have read, best to start young on them and train them up to do it.

I used to train my dogs to lie on their back.. so I could get (and see) the underside of the nails. (This was before breeding). I had a husky years and years ago who I think at the breeder's developed a dislike to clippers. I had to file her nails.. Hence the suggestion about files.

I know a couple of breeders show people who use a dremmel and "grinds" the nails similar to what we get done when we get false nails.. They sware by it.