Mates For Life

redangel

As soon as I read the article I recognised them, who could forget such a darling/unusual pair. Lovely story, I have often wondered what became of them, so happy to see they are reunited again.

Can this please be posted in the rescue section, ALOT of the people in there will remember this duo.

This is a BAD NEWS story. Read the ending:

"Lucky and Sparkles have been renamed Teagan and Layla, and need a new home.

"The new owner would ideally be at home often to give the girls the attention and love they need," Ms McGrath said.

Anyone interested in adopting the pair can visit www.petrescue.com.au/view/99794."

It seems likely that they will both be PTS soon.

story here

(as written in above article.."TWO lovable mutts are back together thanks to a Facebook campaign after one ended up at death's door and the other in a different state. ..."

After being rehomed into different homes they have now found themselves together again. Lets hope this duo get to see their days out together.

Edited by sandgrubber

Fantastic work Judy and all those who donated time and money to help these two on their road to safety and eventual reunion :laugh:

Here's some photos of them while they were in Blacktown Pound

5170897383_ecf08c82df.jpg

5177910150_f0c7d84a63.jpg

How's this for team work :bolt:

5177916172_6386bddca8.jpg

I never realised it was this pair of scallywags..........Job well done JuJu.......Brilliant work

"The new owner would ideally be at home often to give the girls the attention and love they need," Ms McGrath said.

Anyone interested in adopting the pair can visit www.petrescue.com.au/view/99794."

Umm...why does it seem likely? Aren't they safe with a Victorian rescue?

Umm...why does it seem likely? Aren't they safe with a Victorian rescue?

They are safe in Victoria together, but only one was originally saved from the pound.

The Staffy was left behind but then spring by the Victorian rescue group.

Maybe that quote has something to do with when they were originally in the pound?

Sandgrubber said it was a bad news story and seems under the impression the dogs are going to be put to sleep. That appears unlikely to me (even if they are still awaiting a home) because they are safe with a Victorian rescue.

Stop me if I'm wrong someone, but I cannot see where the story says, or anybody else (except Sandgrubber) says, they will be put to sleep. A red herring surely.

They are in no danger whatsoever - they will stay with the rescue until rehomed - together !

• 3 weeks later...

Today's edition of That's Life magazine features a 2 page article on this gorgeous pair - great article except it incorrectly states that the photo of the little foxi in the treats cupboard was taken by staff and posted on their website. The photo was in fact taken by one of the volunteers, as were the other photos - and they went on the urgent rescue thread for Blacktown Pound

5170897383_ecf08c82df.jpg

5177910150_f0c7d84a63.jpg

How's this for team work :)

5177916172_6386bddca8.jpg

Again, great work Judy and all those who donated funds to help these two get back together again :laugh:

Thank you to all those who have sent good wishes to The Girls and myself. :D

A lot of people have brought up the issue of their name change, this is as a result of Blacktown pound's policy of numbering animals rather than naming them (or making public their original names). I will leave it up to their new owners whether they choose to call them by their original or adopted names.

Regretfully I feel I must respond to Sandgrubber's negative and untruthful posts. Sandgrubber I have no idea what you are basing your comments on BUT I MUST FORMALLY ASK THAT YOU CEASE AND DESIST FROM SPREADING FURTHER MISINFORMATION ABOUT EITHER MYSELF OR LAYLA OR TEAGAN. You are totally incorrect in your assumptions. What you are saying is completely untrue. These girls will NOT be PTS. This is the second time I have seen you post the same rubbish.

The good news is I have a lovely family viewing them this weekend with a view to adoption.

Jay Too.

Thank you to all those who have sent good wishes to The Girls and myself. :thumbsup:

A lot of people have brought up the issue of their name change, this is as a result of Blacktown pound's policy of numbering animals rather than naming them (or making public their original names). I will leave it up to their new owners whether they choose to call them by their original or adopted names.

Regretfully I feel I must respond to Sandgrubber's negative and untruthful posts. Sandgrubber I have no idea what you are basing your comments on BUT I MUST FORMALLY ASK THAT YOU CEASE AND DESIST FROM SPREADING FURTHER MISINFORMATION ABOUT EITHER MYSELF OR LAYLA OR TEAGAN. You are totally incorrect in your assumptions. What you are saying is completely untrue. These girls will NOT be PTS. This is the second time I have seen you post the same rubbish.

The good news is I have a lovely family viewing them this weekend with a view to adoption.

Jay Too.

Good luck!!! I hope they are rehomed! Tell the family that we're all backing for them!!! :)

:rofl:

Thanks Leelaa17! They are now on a three week trial adoption and snuggling down in their new home. Their new family couldn't be more caring. I am expecting a wonderful result. :(

Thanks Mila's mum for correcting that info. The photos were indeed taken by volunteers and put on DOL, the story in the article was told to a journalist and then written in the first person, so apart from that oversight and a small amount of poetic licence it was accurate. All in all I was really pleased with how their story was portrayed.

Cheers,

Jay Too

Edited by Jay Too