Lamb Based Kibble

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest Lamb based kibble for my dog. He doesn't do well on chicken, so I try to avoid it in kibble.

I was using Eagle Pack but am getting grumpy about the supply issues (as has everyone who has done these threads). I have tried Black Hawke and loved it for the rest of my dogs, but my problem child had flakey skin and started to smell when he was on it.

So do you have any other suggestions? If not I guess I will be looking at trailing a fish based kibble for him.

He can have chicken in there, but not as the primary ingredient.

I am not so fussy about the chicken fat. My boy isnt allergic-

If he eats raw chicken (even a little mixed in with other food) he vomits it back up about 20 minutes later. But will quite happily chug down BBQ chicken (I dont give it to him anymore though)!! It happened when he was about 8mths old when I offered him chicken carcass that he vomited back up, and also a turkey neck. If you try to encourage him to eat a neck or carcass he will actually make himself vomit!! Although he will try and steal raw chicken offal :D which I then get to clean up.

I haven't noticed difference since taking him off chicken based kibble but figure it cant hurt :laugh:

I just don't see why dog food companies don't understand that there is a market for people that cant/dont want to feed chicken to their dogs!!

Edited by ~Woofen~

Woofen - I have been really happy with Canidae's grain free salmon if you're looking for something other than lamb.

I never got a reply from Canidae re a sample so if that happens to you, let me know and I'm happy to send you a sample of the salmon from Boo's bag.

Woofen - I have been really happy with Canidae's grain free salmon if you're looking for something other than lamb.

I never got a reply from Canidae re a sample so if that happens to you, let me know and I'm happy to send you a sample of the salmon from Boo's bag.

Danois

im sorry about your sample not getting there and thats very kind of you

Woofen if you buy a bag of Canidae and what ever reason you dont think its good eneogh you can return and get a full refund

Edited by G.G

I use Natural Balance for my chicken allergic dog - he does very well on it.

you can buy it at BP&G but if you go to the website and email the contact, they may be willing to send you a sample to try out first.

We use this one as well!!! Really happy with it :shrug:

my bag of salmon arrived today kids loved it..only gave them a few to try and they climbed all over me to get it :shrug:

Bloody Amber will only eat the BH/Holistic Lamb & Rice!! I just tried her with Nutro again and she looked like I was torturing her. She gets one piece in her mouth, pretends to chew, lets it drop out, all the while looking at me with the saddest face ever. She isn't super piggy with the BH but at least she eats it but it does seem to give her a slight rash on her belly.

Bloody Amber will only eat the BH/Holistic Lamb & Rice!! I just tried her with Nutro again and she looked like I was torturing her. She gets one piece in her mouth, pretends to chew, lets it drop out, all the while looking at me with the saddest face ever. She isn't super piggy with the BH but at least she eats it but it does seem to give her a slight rash on her belly.

I love your description of her reaction!!!! I've just had a friend house sitting and their toddler kept feeding Kenzie toast - which she loved from the toddler!! Today when I gave her a corner I got the exact same moment you've described here!!! I love them!!!!