What I Drew Today

Dogsrawesome

Good job on all of your pics - well done!

One weeny piece of advice that I was given with regard to shading (it can be used for drawing from photo's, to still life, to getting the shadows just right in a landscape) is to look at the subject matter through squinted eyes. This intensifies any shadow and gives you a better idea of where light and shade should fall.

:laugh:

I like the facial expression on the lab, looks cross between endearing and pensive (my dog looks at me like that all the time).

The second picture of the Shar Pei I think is much better, in quality. Seems like you took more time doing that one, whereas the lab looks like it was done in a hurry?

Great work!

I think the sharpei pic is the better of the 2 doggy ones.

The muzzle area on the horse does not look quite right to me. I think it is the shading making it look like it has 2 mouths. I am no art critic though. :o

I look forward to seeing more pics. :)

Great work!

I think the sharpei pic is the better of the 2 doggy ones.

The muzzle area on the horse does not look quite right to me. I think it is the shading making it look like it has 2 mouths. I am no art critic though. :rofl:

I look forward to seeing more pics. :)

Yeah i have to agree but its my first proper horse ive done in a long while so either way im still happy with it :) it can be a 2 mouth horse :o.

Seems like you took more time doing that one, whereas the lab looks like it was done in a hurry?

You are very right :rofl: i rushed the lab like i did most of my drawings before hand so now i tend to take my time they seem to turn out a lot better :o

You are getting bolder with your shading which is good. You need to watch your proportions as well. The horse doesn't look right to me.

You seem like you're really keen right now and are on a roll. A great book to buy and read (and there's alot of reading in it) while you are in this state of mind, is Drawing on the right side of the brain.

You are getting bolder with your shading which is good. You need to watch your proportions as well. The horse doesn't look right to me.

You seem like you're really keen right now and are on a roll. A great book to buy and read (and there's alot of reading in it) while you are in this state of mind, is Drawing on the right side of the brain.

is it in every book store? i can go look for it next week and the reading thing wont bother me :)

is it in every book store? i can go look for it next week and the reading thing wont bother me :)

It's by Betty Edwards, I'm sure if you ask in any big bookshop if they haven't already got it they could get it in for you.

It's by Betty Edwards, I'm sure if you ask in any big bookshop if they haven't already got it they could get it in for you.

Awesome i shall look around for it, i will look at other drawing books too